Home

New Location Statement

JekRendar

Why do we have the base out in the middle of nowhere? It’s a pain to get to, I mean, sure you don’t run into many Reds, but still 10 minutes is a long time to get to our houses and the Retreat doesn’t offer us a Space Port. So, we have to shell out Shuttle AND Space Fare! (Sorry, guys, but I have a lot of non-PA friends on Corellia, and I’m used to the area and creatures.)

Another point, the Lake Retreat, doesn’t offer ANY customers. Our crafters are going to suffer with being in the middle of no-where! Unless we pick up shop and move closer to a city, a lot of the crafters prices are gonna go up. If that happens, then chances are taxes are going to up.

Please tell me I’m over reacting. I don’t see why we don’t move back…too many Episode I fans in out midst?

On the flip side, did anyone’s buildings disappear, or is that an exclusive Corellia-Starsider, issue. Did anyone try to build a camp on Corellia? I can’t.

Think longterm, when it will be our own city. Think longterm when it will have a shuttleport. Think that it takes < 5 min to get there. There are 288 5 minutes each day. Think that we are here, not on correlia. Think that missions on naboo pay better. Hehe

But I see your point.

I with ya on the location, 17 minutes 1 way and I normally make 2-3 trips a day so you can see all my time is wasted walking up a friggin mountain instead of doing something I enjoy.

I dont mind spending the money on the shuttle, I do mind having to wait 10 minutes for a shuttle to arrive so I can wait another 10 minutes to get a shuttle off the planet. Atleast we could have found a place with a starport lol.

hey nobody is forcing you to live there you know :p

and i dont see the problem... like altus says.. im therein 3 minutes..... and i have my view on max.. its a BEAUTIFULL view .. you can almost see the lake retreat up on the mountains.... quite the view.

What a bunch of moaners, you think a 5 minute walk is hard. My Bountie yesterday was basically From the lake Retreat, to half way to moenia. Then go to moenia.

Over 7000 meters, And oh i did that in about 15 minutes. Seriously, and you guys can't be bothered to stick auto run on for about 5 mins. :p

3 minutes...be honest.

Maybe a scout can make faster, but no way a crafter makes it in three minutes. Anyone who says they can set up a time we can meet in game....and I'll see how far you get in three minutes.

I can burst twice on the run...that's right I burst, tire, rest while walking, and burst again. I doubt that can be done in 3minutes. I don't mind people arguing it's not a big deal to run there, but please don't lie to us about how long it takes. Again if any crafter without the mountain skills states differently I will meet you to prove your point.

Any takers.....anyone

Also, while the walk does suck, that is not the part that bothers me. What bothers me is who is going to take two shuttles (and a spaceport trip possibly), swim across the lake, burst run for 10 minutes, all to buy an item they can buy in Coronet or Karen for the same price or less without the hassle? A pa city is at least 2 months away and who knows when or even if shuttles will be available.

Another thing that is bothering me is the attitude that if you don't like it you can leave. People want to feel like they are part of the PA, but some people never go out there because of the distance. No mission to run, nothing to do unless your a scout or crafter (I also went fishing last week...it was strangely fun...).

Again, this may sound like a flame, but I do not mind the location....it is isolated. I just also understand why others hate it.

And yes the view is nice......if you haven't been anywhere else.

So, are we all in favor on moving then? I mean, even *Murashu* has problems with it!

I don't know, what to do. I mean, no offense, I agree with the view and such, but I'm not a crafter nor do I have alot of money. So, just going there, costs me a pretty penny.

But, I really agree and love what dow said, on our PA attitudes. We need to start thinking as a PA soon, or else we are going to fall apart. And apart of this is due to the fact that to get to our town is a trek in it's own right. Huge turnoff for customers.

It recently came to my attention that small PA/solo crafters are having a hard time selling their wares on the Bazaar and in their stores, due to larger PAs outbidding them. We need to move closer to a major city if we want our wares to be sold!

I looked around on Starsider, and it seems that MORE CRAFTERS choose Naboo than any other planet. I base that on the OFs.

So basically, you hate the situation now so much that you don't care about the situation later.

First of all, it's not like a walk in the park on Corellia either where we found a place for the PA Hall. It still involves walking to get to the city, and more danger. And it will most likely only increase later on. It's shorter, but more dangerous.

Secondly, if we do move back to Corellia, then there better be some bulldozers following the PA City feature, cause those ditches just has to go. Every friggin 50-100 meters I fall into a ditch. Or walk up a small hill.

On a more personally note, I thought Corellia would be greener. Only time it's green is when it rains. And I'd rather stay indoors than outdoors when it does. I hate the rain. :)

Corellia does have one thing that I haven't seen anywhere else though, that I liked. Snowcapped mountains. :) I never expected to see snow on the mountain tops. That was kinda cool. :)

There's one perfect place on Corellia without much bulldozing needed, but it is isolated, although the location itself would draw people. However, since it is so far away from a city, and being on Corellia in the first place, means lots and lots of dangers on the way to it ....... now.

It will get better once vehicles and mounts are in, and even better when we can get a shuttleport. But that doesn't matter, cause right now it sucks.

I was hoping that we could build a city that was independant, where people would seek to. Seems like the more vocaly of the members want to be dependant on a another city to get by.

Please tell me I’m over reacting. I don’t see why we don’t move back…too many Episode I fans in out midst?

I didn't particualry like too much Ep. I.

The logic behind having the retreat there is that nobody is anywhere around us and it would make a great place to establish a very large city. Now while our city will most likely never be as large as Theed, we DO have the room to make it so, and larger.

It's too bad that you can't actually "buy" land unless you have a structure directly on top of it.

I think walking around the planet is great experience. Nice view plenty of hunting! Walking from Moenia to Keren isn't bad at all to me. Since there are no aggroes on the way to the CR from the LR just auto-run it and just go do something else. I like that local. Its very nice :). (Right now I'm in TIO HQ, a bunch of people set houses there with names like TIO Can't Defend Their Own City!)

I don't go to the retreat much, maybe once every two days. Most of the time i go there to meet some people. But recently i found some nice mobs on the way to the retreat. Veermok hunters, sentries, alpha veermok....Maulers (hate them!).

When mounts and vehicles come out, it honestly won't be too bad. Yeah the walk is long (5-10min depending on prof.) it is a nice spot and virtually virgin! :D The only thing i preferred about the corellia spot was that there were plenty of white, yellow, red mobs around....but on the flip side of things it was freaking dangerous to get to our houses, aggroing wrix, grand wrix and a plethora of other hostile, killer creatures.

I like our spot, and i agree....we need to start acting like a PA; but we aren't an actual PA in game yet, and that's because we don't have a PA hall. I think once our PA hall is finished (good work so far Corzip!) then we will be more of a PA.

dow_30,

You must be super slow to be able to burst twice... i can make it even faster than 3 mins probally... i have Exploration maxed and im a crafter i run up hill just as fast as running across a plain field.. I can only fit burst run on the length.

Ok, this is a discussion, not a sh$t throwing competition.

I can understand Vega on the long distance part, and I don't think he has exploration skills at all (correct me if I'm wrong, Vega). Looking at the map, it isn't that far. But when you put a 1000 meter tall mountain range in between, you just added about 2000 extra meters to travers.

So I see his point about it being abit far to go.

However, I'm also looking forward to the future.

And I'm more than willing to take a risk on the Crafter Retreat location.

It's true, I have no exploration skills. I have too many points wrapped up in elite professions (Armorsmith, MA, Merchant) to pick up exploration. And I must be playing on Gorath because there are plenty of red mob's on the way.

But like I said, I do not mind the location, I just understand why others hate it. I liked the idea of Corellia, we had decided on that, and then we go to Naboo whivh has a cartoony feel. But others love it. With a PA this size people will not always love every decision. If you try to make everyone happy, no one will be happy. That said, we shouldn't alienate anyone because they have a dissenting view.

Hopefully mounts and vehicles will help, but they should be expensive. I hate the idea of everyone having vehicles, a ton of cash, and a ship. Most people in the SWU were not rich. Player cities will be going up, but that will be a while. Also, does anyone have a link where they say you can have shuttles...I haven't seen anything on this.

O I love Coronet, hell if I could have an apartment in the city I would. I had wanted to set up a vendor there but there are a zillion vendors ringing the city which turns me off. Maybe we could set up an =A= shop near Keren or Theed.

Toonces says that this is a retreat right? Well lets see the queens of naboo has a lake retreat but thats not her permanant home. theed is her home. A retreat is somewhere to get away at. So why don't we so we have the best of both worlds why were waiting for all this PA city crap thats months ahead of us and set up another little area near a city. This topic about moving has gone on long enough and i'm sick of it, it seems that its all we care about when really whats the point of an area to ourselves right now? To make a claim yes but its not like we're going to spend every minute there. We need easier access FOR NOW!. We can keep the retreat and when the stuff comes make it a city. But I think it would be best for both if we set up an additional little area closer. now your saying we need money blah blah blah. Well then theres only one way to get it and thats work for it. So if you are sick of the distance and whatnot then build a spot closer. Its not up to anyone else its up to you. personally I haven't been there yet so i can't complain about the run itself I'm just complaining about everyone else complaining about the run and its getting old. I don't see the need for there to be somewhere right this second. Maybe for a PA meeting but say we're organizing a hunt. Ok lets walk here then wait for evervone else to walk here THEN we'll walk to a shuttle port to another city and then to the spaceport and finally to the planet we're hunting at. Thats all I have to say

for now.

Personally, I think the last thing we need is another settlement. The PA hall should be done this weekend, and we need to start interacting as a PA. Everyone wants to do their own thing, well then whats the point of the PA. We are not supposed to be a loose association of friends who hunt together occasionally. We are supposed to have divisions and work together for the betterment of the whole. I think it is a shame that people have never been to the PA city.

We have to believe that the PA city thing will work but it won't just happen without work.

Archived