Home

Swoop

TheBlueFlamingo

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There actually was an option in Jedi Knight II for dismemberment (only feet, legs, hands and arms though), but it would do it randomly so that you wouldn't always cut something off. There is also a 1% chance (I think) that you can chop a shadowtrooper in half...I actually chopped one in half the first time I played through JKII, but I haven't been able to do it since.

Thanks for that! I also saw it at BluesNews and TheForce.net - the marketing machine is getting going :)

Love the swoop ... and the textures and details and shadows loot great.

Nice way they dealt with the RP issues on FFA servers 'everyone had fun as long as they played against like-minded individuals' :)

Mike

That picture from the Jedi Academy is unreal, Flamingo. Good find. ;)

The article's pretty cool, too.

We've read that you need to complete about 80% of the missions in order to complete the single player game. After beating the game, will we have the opportunity to go back to complete any missions we missed?

No, you would have to start a new game. We’ve intentionally built a lot of replayability into Jedi Academy. There are so many Force Powers to choose from, that the player will not be able to max them out during a single playthrough, so they can go through the game again and pick different powers and have a completely different experience. Similarly, they can pick missions they may have missed, skip other ones, or just play them all.

I found that pretty interesting. :D

:gben:The Force will be with you, always.

Do you think that we'll be able to ride the swoop from a first person perspective? I play the entire game in the first person and i was just wondering about that. It would really increase the immersion factor if you could. By the way will we be able to mod the game to an extent so that we could model a speeder bike complete with cannons? Now that would be awesome.

Originally posted by Obi-Wan X

I mean, has it been confirmed that there are actual swoop races in single player? Or simply using a swoop to get to areas.

I'd take both if given the chance ^_^

lol. i don't know but if you look at this screenshot it looks more like single player to me.

shot0004.jpg

Originally posted by Obi-Wan X

I don't think a first person perspective for the vehicles will be in. Your using your own weaponry while driving, so it'll be hard to shoot and drive at the same time.

Damn that sucks, i was hoping there would be a way to play this way a la rebel strike's speeder bike level. But hopefully in the final release.......

Archived