Home

A predicament

BooJaka

Following my previous post about Revolution Software games, my wondering fingers on Ebay have once again left me in a nasty state of indecision about what to buy.

Assuming I can only get one (as I can only play one at a time), which of the following should I purchase: Broken Sword, The Longest Journey, Syberia or other? If other please state. Also please state your reasons for making up my mind.

OK... GO!

Broken Sword. You always know what to do as opposed to TLJ. I never got the stuttering voices of TLJ fixed.

Never played Syberia. But I know that it was supposed to be a longer story and so had to be cut in two parts which left the ending of part one quite abrupt and gave it a feeling of unfinishedness.

Broken Sword for its better story, writing, puzzle design and humor.

TLJ is quite decent also, but the flawed dialogue and story progression leaves it behind BS.

Syberia I just started, and while it has great atmosphere, I do not dig the puzzles, dialogue and voice overs.

Overall they should certainly all be played though.

While The Longest Journey is excellent, Broken Sword 1 is the better game. The reason for the name changes are as followed:

UK, original name: Shadow of the Templars

USA, new name: Circle of Blood. Possible reason, publishers worry that americans won't have heard of the Templar Knights?

Europe - possible name changes due to history - I mean, you wouldn't release a game called "Nazi Warlords" in Germany without changing the title. I don't know the history of the Templar Knights, but they may be "bad" in France, or "good" in Spain etc.

Do you hate english history and find it incredibly boring? if so, BS is the game for you. whilst being historically accurate, it still manages to make the knights templars interesting. Who were they, buy the game to find out. (and whilst I've never played TLS, I'm currently playing Syberia, and whilst being quite interesting with okay puzzels and almost interesting dialogue (voice acting isn't too bad), those with little patience are going to find themselve kicking their computer whenever they have to go up another flight of stairs.)

BS is the game for you. also, please note, I do own TLS, but haven't played it because it won't run on XP. Any help on that BTW? Downloads or something? I've heard it's good, bvut can't send it back to amazon.

Other: Quantum Redshift.

I just got Quantum Redshift on X-box. I had to use codes to make the game see reason, but the thrill of topping out your jet-driven SPARC racer at over 1000 mph in the low-gee track on Mars is worth the hassle.

:dozey: Well, I am *Zoom* Rabbit, after all...

hmm .. my last new game was MI4 .. so i have no worthy tips for ya!

but .. at the time i am playing Another World on my amigaemulator.. i guess this is not what wou are looking for.. on the other hand .. you are looking for relaxation. this is why to play a game. save money an replay an old game! ;)

:D:D:D

new code: is it a bird, is it a plane? .. it might be me with mary jane.

Archived