Home

Will you still play Jedi Outcast?

The Cheat

Will you still play Jedi Outcast when Jedi Academy comes out?  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Will you still play Jedi Outcast when Jedi Academy comes out?

• Yes
    • No
    • We will see when it comes out
    • I don't play Jedi Outcast Anyway

SP of Jedi Outcast will likely become my 2nd fave game, and will get the treatment my current 2nd fave (Jedi Knight 1) gets now ... I play it once a year whether I need to or not ;)

My play-time for JKII will definitely diminish - assuming JA meets my very high expectations - only because I'll fill my play-hours with other types of games. Things like HL2, DX:IW and KOTOR will all likely get more playtime for me between now and the new year.

Mike

Probably not. I've played the SP missions to death, and the MP for Jedi Academy looks to be more impressive than it's predecessor's. I might play through it again before JA is released, and perhaps a time or two in the distant future after that, but it will no longer be a regular.

First off, I voted 'yes'.

No, it certainly won't be as popular to me as it is now. I don't think I'll do much more outcast MP, but the good ol' SP missions will be fun once in awhile, especially all the new ones like Colloseum, Occupation 2 and Project Lighthouse. There'll also be the SP maps that are in production now and will be released 'for JA', I'll prolly play 'em on Outcast, as they were originally meant to be.

if: the entirety of Jedi Outcast single-player is available in Jedi Academy with all of JAs additions and improvements, then yes, ill "play" JO ;). that said, if its not available/possible, then i may still play JO SP every once in a while....i have so many games on my computer, even though i dont play half of them anymore...JK, Mots, Quake3, dont play Max Payne or those LEGO games much...but i have enough HD space to keep em all.

Most likely for at least a few months after the release.

Because some of the people in my clan won't be able to get JA right away, so I'll play with them a bit.

Personally, I thought the SP in JK2 wasn't that good.

I guess I just need to have the alternate endings. :)

*Remembers the good ole' days of JK SP...*

JA should be great though. :)

If I get the urge to play some CTY, Holocron or Jedi Master, you can bet I will.

Otherwise, playing parts of single player for nostalgia purposes, or loading up some user made mods would be good reasons to draw out JK2.

From the sounds of it, Jedi Academy is going to add a lot of stuff (building on Outcast's foundation), but perhaps it will be different enough, that I will still want to play JK2 on occasion for the sake of variety.

For example, JK1, MotS, and JK2 were all very different in multiplayer, each having their own unique "feel" and options, so there was still reason to play them even with the technical improvements of each new game.

With the recently discovered console commands, many of the flaws I thought JK2 had are in fact things that can be easily remedied (like the saber damage in CTF).

This is all of course assuming that the good maps and skins will all be ported over successfully to JA...

Is there a point in having both the gamecube version and PC version? Is there something different?

Not unless you really like to play Split Screen 2 player on your family TV screen.... (while using a game controller).

I vote Yes. :)

You've got to remember if it wasn't for the sucess of JO, JA wouldn't be a popular..well maybe it would off but anyway i love the SP in JK2 and Desann is one bad-ass baddie :p

And silicing of his lizard head for the first time was a true gaming moment i will remember for a long time to come! :D

*slashs Desann again*

Originally posted by Kurgan

If I get the urge to play some CTY, Holocron or Jedi Master, you can bet I will.

The sad thing is that those - especially Jedi Master - were my two favorite MP modes. Why - straight, frenetic action. No worries - saber down = death! Jedi Master is a nice FFA variation - all guns until you kill the master, then saber & force. Ah well ...

Mike

Archived