Home

Version 1.0.0.0 BUGS: List all bugs/errors (incl. your specs, error msg etc.)

mariners2001

Originally posted by ImmolatedYoda

you should try check the server version on a server before you join it. Aug 5 2003 means its a leaked beta server, so dont join it.

Does that apply to the SP game as well? I haven't played MP yet, but my copy lists the SP version as Aug 5 2003...

The fact I got it from EBGames makes me even more confused! ;)

• Replies 390
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OK I doubt this is gonna be read because this is like the 6th page and I doubt anyone read past page 1...but still I'll post it here in an effort to save the moderator from moving a new thread here....so I hope someone can hear me.... :D

In MP, I'm getting a HUGE bug when using a single saber. It starts off fine but when I try to change stances it suddenly reads it like I'm using dual sabers and I hear a saber turning on/off and it acts like I have another blade......when I don't. So changing through 3 stances is impossible. Bad stuff. I hope somebody reads this and addresses this. If not, I'm making a new thread...:rolleyes:

BUG:

In multiplayer (dunno about sp) >> If I press "Num Lock" my character freezes or continues running into one direction forever and ever. If I open my "profile" and press "apply", I gain control over my character again.

(I have used/would like to continue using the Num Lock-button to switch stances)

Has anyone else had a problem with saber-throw returning? Often when I do a saber throw it comes back, but just before my character catches it the saber just stops and hangs there flickering/clipping a little. It only comes back if I take a step or two in any direction. It's not a huge problem, but it is annoying.

I haven't seen anyone else post this bug yet. Maybe it's just on my computer.

When playing in SP or MP my screen goes black, i get a sound loop for about 10 seconds then nothing. I have to press the reset button to restart my computer. I get no error messages and it happens in random places not in the same place all the time. Sometimes in SP I can play for an hour without it happening but it happens more frequent in MP,usually about 10-15 minutes into a match.

It only happens in Jedi Academy. I can play Outcast no problem and I can frag to my hearts content in UT2003 for hours with no problems,its just JA.

System specs:

Pentium4 1.8ghz

512mb RAM

PNY 5600 FX 256mb

Sound Blaster Live 5.1

All the latest drivers and DirectX 9

Greetings,

I am having problems get JA to run on my system.

I have...

PIII 933mhz

256 mg ram

GeForce 2 mx 200 w/ 32 megs

SB Live! card

CDRW

w98

I have the latest Nvidia drivers(45.23) and SB drivers.

I also have dx9a

I seem to run fine until after the intro where the shuttle crashes. Then I get this behavior where the program works for about 10 seconds then freezes for 25 sec or so then runs again. Eventually the image on the screen goes completely fuzzy and the program is locked, requiring a hard-boot.

I've come to the conclusion that JA just doesn't like my Geforce 2 card. I've also tried running this on w2k with the same hardware but no luck.

Any suggestions?

I need help.

JA runs properly until I try to run the Corellia mission - the loading bar finishes filling up then I get an error message:

JASP has caused an invalid page fault in module <unknown> at 0000:00000800 ...etc.

and the game crashes back to the desktop - everything else works fine before this but it always crashes at this same spot. Can anyone help me - I really like this game but I can't keep playing it. Thankyou

System specs:

Pentium III 666MHz

256mb SD RAM

Windows 98 Second Edition

Creative Sound Blaster Audio PCI 128

Diamond Stealth III 16MB S540 Graphics Card

This is a extremely annoying bug (problem, call it wut you will) I can start the game up fine, i create my character and what not but then when i click to start the game (and play) it pops up an error window. I've copied the error message here:

------- Game Initialization -------

gamename: base

gamedate: Jul 23 2003

Warning: cvar "g_spskill" given initial values: "1" and "0"

-----------------------------------

glGetError() = 0x502

Corrupt JPEG data: 3742 extraneous bytes before marker 0xd4

----- CL_Shutdown -----

Shutting down OpenGL subsystem

...wglMakeCurrent( NULL, NULL ): success

...deleting GL context: success

...releasing DC: success

...destroying window

...resetting display

...shutting down QGL

...unloading OpenGL DLL

-----------------------

Invalid JPEG file structure: two SOF markers

**I've tried reinstalling on several computers it will not work... I'm pretty sure its my install cd, but before i return it. I'd like to know what this error means in english please :D . Also here are my specs:

WIN XP

p4 2.1

512mb sdram

directx 9.a (all the latest drivers)

All In Wonder 128 Pro AGP (don't laugh its old, but it works, will get to upgrading when i have the cash)

****I could play on mp, but i really could care less about mp. I just want to play SP. thanks in advance.

-if all else fails i'ma wait for it to come out on xbox, where i don't have to worry about it not working....... due trivial errors..

I need help with this: is a message that got a friend when he tries to play and is the only one I have not been able to fix/help.

Not a JPEG file: starts with 0xe2 0x00 on SP and

Not a JPEG file: starts with 0x00 0x00 on MP.

I think may be installation problems, I "assume" he is using the Full Legal game as he has stated on other forums.

I have never seen an error like that, I'm still waiting for my copy (saving money :p).

Where should I look? Drivers, Re-Install? Does he has a Copied Game? is a beta problem?

Please is the first time I cannot answer a question or fix an error.

He told me that appars something related to OpenGL, I don't have the full error message but I hope you can provide an answer to it.

Thanks in advance.

This has happened to me a number of times, and it's particularly annoying becuase it happens right as the next level loads.

I'll finish a level, get the wrapup from Kyle or Luke or whoever, and then when I choose my next one, when it starts to load, I get the following error:

ERROR:

G_ParseSpawnVars:

found ght"

when

expecting{

I've gotten a few variations on it (replace 'ght"' with '144"' or some other set of numbers or letters), but it's just about always the same. Since there's no saved game between the end fo the last mission and the start of the next, I have to go back and finish each level 2, 3, or even more times.

Help!

My copy will only play in in the cd-rw drive and when i put it the dvd drive it wil keep stateing "please insert the disc" and the disc is in the drive.All so ive had it since it came out and i still carnt play mutiplayer at all,its yet to find a server-which is doing my head in.When will a patch be released??

In MP my computer constantly freezes. I've tried Catalyst 3.7 and 3.6 drivers. With the 3.7 drivers the game freezes when map changes. So I downgraded to 3.6. Game still freezes but only does so during game play and not map change. Also in both driver versions frame rates drop to 5-10 fps when theres alot of action on the screen such as alot of force powers being used at one time with alot of players on screen.This happens even with all graphic settings set to the lowest possible settings in the game.Even the adapter settings in control panel are set to the lowest. No aa. No Vsync.No af.No true form. Set for performance.I have a 9700PRO,2800+athlonXP,512megs of corsair xms PC3200 ram,winXP. No reason to be running this bad as far as frame rates are concerned and having to lower all graphics down to nothing and still have bad frame rates.Hope they can fix this soon. I can barely play 5-10mins at a time then the game freezes the whole computer and I have to restart. No its not an illegal copy.

Please help... I don't know why i keep getting this error... (play sp, all i can do is create the char and pick the lightsaber it won't let me play...) (mp works fine...)

------- Game Initialization -------

gamename: base

gamedate: Jul 23 2003

Warning: cvar "g_spskill" given initial values: "1" and "0"

glGetError() = 0x502

Corrupt JPEG data: 3742 extraneous bytes before marker 0xd4

----- CL_Shutdown -----

Shutting down OpenGL subsystem

...wglMakeCurrent( NULL, NULL ): success

...deleting GL context: success

...releasing DC: success

...destroying window

...resetting display

...shutting down QGL

...unloading OpenGL DLL

-----------------------

Invalid JPEG file structure: two SOF markers

**I've tried reinstalling on several computers it will not work... I'm pretty sure its my install cd, but before i return it. I'd like to know what this error means in english please . Also here are my specs:

WIN XP

p4 2.1

512mb sdram

directx 9.a (all the latest drivers)

All In Wonder 128 Pro AGP (don't laugh its old, but it works, will get to upgrading when i have the cash)

****I could play on mp, but i really could care less about mp. I just want to play SP. thanks in advance.

I don't think there is any simple solution to this, but I'm posting anyway in the hope that someone might know. I purchased JA last week, but when I try to install it I get the following error message when it's 99% done:

COMPONENT TRANSFER ERROR

Component: Game2

File Group: Game 2 Files

File: E:\GameData\Base\assets1.pk3

Error: Data Error (Cyclic Redundancy Check)

This usually occurs when someone makes a copy of a retail piece of software using cheap media or by burning too fast, but I actually BOUGHT the game, so I wouldn't expect the factory-pressed disc to have this problem. I tried to move the offending file to my hard drive, but I get a similar cyclic redundancy check error when doing so. I then tried using CloneCD to make a copy of the disc, and it was successful, but using it to install yeilded the exact same problem as the original. I tried returning it to the store I bought it from, but they won't accept open software returns, and LucasArts hasn't e-mailed me back in three days. Do I have any other possible options here? Any help is appreciated!

Archived