Home

Lets Try again.

Joshi

What should that forum be called (you know the one)  

21 members have voted

1. 1. What should that forum be called (you know the one)

• The Harbour (or whatever spelling you want, but if chosen, I'm posting Harbour to the admins)
    • Life and How to live it (oh come on, it's not that bad)
    • Something else (please post)
    • DJG

Originally posted by LucasTones

I will be distraught if you don't name it "room where time and space merge into a single point of bastardom where cheese is mandatory and milk is purple, where the sea is in the sky and the sky is in the sea, and the sea is black and the sky is orange, like a perverted school uniform - wherein resides the monkey island fan room"

That was our first choice before 'Life and how to Live it', but annoyingly, it wouldn't fit on a cue card. Oh, and Shutt, prepare for my pm.

I will be distraught if you don't name it "room where time and space merge into a single point of bastardom where cheese is mandatory and milk is purple, where the sea is in the sky and the sky is in the sea, and the sea is black and the sky is orange, like a perverted school uniform - wherein resides the monkey island fan room"

i think that's a fantastic idea, allow me to change my vote :)

Originally posted by C Shutt

That's rather a lot to lay at my doorstep, considering I am neither one of those things.

Funny. I was strongly under the impression that you were a moderator on one of the LF boards. :dozey:

Yufster: Aren't you missing an opportunity to propose naming the forum 'Bill Gates' Love Shack?' :D Surely you can do better than 'DJG...'

C Shutt, something about your posting sytles makes me lose respect for you, bud.

Ok, "Life and how to Live it" is getting more..desirable as I think about it. My vote goes slightly to the harbor, but I will support this name too.

And if Lucastone's idea isn't taken seriously, I'll cry. It was brilliant, bud.

P.S. Where's Remi and Benny? They haven't been around since the change of "The Harbor" name.

How about "Harbor Life"?

On second thought that sounds too much like an insurance company...

"Life in the Harbor, and how to live it"?... Too wordy...

"Livin' Life in the Harbor, with DJG"?... Naw,.. sounds too much like a public access talk show...

:joy:

Hmmm...

I guess I'll just go with "The Harbor" since I'm a creature of habit and comfort,.. although it's really a toss up.

Shutt's opinion doesn't count. So anyways. Ummmmm I guess most of us were brought up on the Harbor (so to speak, you know what I mean) so for many of is it has that sentimental thing to it. But like Mr Joshi said I think it was(and what's with the name change dear? What happened to the Neil?) I guess it's time to move on I guess. The harbor has caused nothing but problems in recent months.

The best thing to do would be some sort of compromise. Harbor Life was suggested, which could work, but yes, it makes me think of a life insurence company. If I guess a decision can't be made, I just suggest "Off Topic Discussion" or something equally boring like that.

Life and how to live it is growing on me, I just think that if I was a newbie, seeing a forum called that would freak me out and make me want to run away crying. It just seems so serious and overpowering I guess.

As I see it, the name isn't really that new anyway. Remember that this forum was merged with TSB's forums? And the Harbour was carried over as the general discussion forum's name from EscapeMI.com? As pointed out, Life and how to Live it was TSB's general discussion forum, so all that's really happened is that the pre-merge names have been swapped. It could have been Life and how to Live it from the start, but the Harbour got in there first.

Of course, none of you* would know/care about that since you all assume that the only community which ever existed here was your own.

* With the exception of RayJones

I think if it's changed back to The Harbor, those who like Life And How To Live It will be ****ty and vice versa (if it remains Life people who like Harbor will get ****ty)

As I said earlier, Life and How To Live It is growing on me, but it just sounds so serious. I think it would be just easier to rename it General Discussion or Off Topic Discussion, that way everyone is unhappy ;) Sure those names might be boring, but at least it doesn't come across like mods and admin are playing favourites over the name choice.

I voted DJG.

Also, I would like to put forward the suggestion, "Bill Gates Love Shack." Or something related in some way to Bill Gates. Because deep inside, we either love or hate Bill. He's like marmite. And that way, we would have a soul touching theme song too. Plus, we'd have a load more angry threads and complaints! And everybody loves those. I say Bill Gates all the way, or DJG.

Life and How to Live it wins, ya'll can't complain, it was sorted diplomatically (see Gabez, communism only goes so far).

This thread has done it's do... Groovy, will you do the honours? (you know, close this thread... yeah, I know you got it, but you know, just in case... hay, don't you look at me like that... no I don't think you're stupid... oh just ckliose the damn thread... yeah, and you too!)

Originally posted by Joshi

Life and How to Live it wins, ya'll can't complain, it was sorted diplomatically (see Gabez, communism only goes so far).

This thread has done it's do... Groovy, will you do the honours? (you know, close this thread... yeah, I know you got it, but you know, just in case... hay, don't you look at me like that... no I don't think you're stupid... oh just ckliose the damn thread... yeah, and you too!)

:eyeraise:

Archived