Home

Winamp 5 Beta

DiRtY $oUtH™

Is Winamp4 even out?

I've never heared of it, I thought Winamp3 was fairly recent, how can the version5 be on it's way already? [/suspicious mode]

edit: hehe... I found out what the deal was with winamp 5 : (winamp2 + winamp3 = winamp5). kinda weird though, this is confusing.

And it turns out winamp3 isn't this recent after all... my mistake.

That being said. I might download it but I might also just wait for the final release, my comp is already untable enought as it is...:p

Even Nullsoft knows that Winamp3 sucked hard. So they actually went back and updated 2.x AFTER they released Winamp3... So now what they're trying to do is take the good parts of 3 (Better skinning, video, etc) and combine it with the good parts of 2 (Efficent, more options)... I havn't actually tried 5, but from what I hear, it's supposed to be good.

Well, I'm glad everyone liked it:D I was blown away when I tried it. The best thing about Winamp is that you can customize EVERYTHING...its awesome. In addition, I must say that compared to WMP, it kicks its ass! If you still haven't tried it, WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR? What's more amazing is that its a beta but its damn good!:cool:

Each is good in their own way.

WMP- is alright and is decent if you want to listen to music or watch a DVD or get the music off the CD onto a the comp. It's pretty much your basic media player without a lot of options.

Winamp- is pretty good and fast for listining to music without taking such a long time and making it a long process. It also has good visualization's and is pretty customizable with all the skins.

RealOne- I think it's pretty good for playing any type of media. It supports way more video types that Winamp and I like it to get music onto my comp cause I have the option of what format I want my songs in. I haven't tried Burning CD's with it so I can't say anything about that.

So each is pretty good but I dont think any of them suck. My teacher actually used RealOne Player cause it was the only thing that allowed him to get music on his computer at school cause WMP wouldn't let him for some reason so we could listen to music in class.

:lsduel::duel:

Originally posted by Darth Eggplant

i have winamp 2.78

it is what i like.

you can make skins for it and i know how,

i have heard newer versions are like win XP

they are not theme friendly so i am not going to upgrade.

Winamp 5 Beta lets you use 2.78 and skins you already have for it. You can toggle the classic winamp look (2.78) or the new modern look. So upgrading is only a plus for you!:D

The WA5 beta is more stable than any version of WA3 I've tried - madness! :p

Honestly, I'd never go back to WA2 after being spoiled by the excellent skins for WA3 - I like my eye-candy too much :D

But WA3 is buggy and unreliable =/

This beta is awesome, IMHO. As for WMP9, I just don't use music players that way... I've got 1200+ tracks on my PC, and going through rating them all - even occasionally - would bore me to tears... And I'd probably never use the feature for any practical reason, so I'm much happier using Winamp with its prettier skins and lack of Microsoft-taintedness :)

I might even buy the "Pro" version of WA5 when they bring it out... After playing around with this, I forgive Nullsoft completely for the sucky WA3 :p ...And I actually like the default skin with the 5 beta :D

But, to each his own... I like the extra features that Winamp has, so I doubt that WMPx will ever appeal to me =)

//me wanders off into the mist again...

Not at all :)

I downloaded that and had a look... I like it a lot, but it's not quit to my taste for my main music app...

Definitely impressive, though - I might even use it one day to buy meself some iTunes :p:D

And I suppose it could come in handy for my iPod... Might simplify things a tad ^_^

Archived