Home

Good Multiplayer Online games!

Zavior

Well, to be honest, I'm only really starting to get my feet really wet in the MP waters. Until now it's just been a bit of JO, some JA, and I used to play Rune for a little while. All this before I got my broadband connection.

Now I've been going nuts recently. I'm getting back into playing Rune online after a looooong absence - so if you like a good hack'n'slash game where you can literally be handed your head (or hand others theirs), I highly recommend it.

I was playing Half-Life DM and TFC yesterday, and it rocked.

If you haven't tried Soldier Of Fortune II...that game (with the Gold patch - or Gold version) has a very strong MP element. I can now see where the ideas for JA Siege came from. It has all the usual vanilla MP modes like DM, CTF etc., but it also has Infiltration and Demolition, which are both a great blast. I think the level design is very good on most of the maps, with good gameflow.

If you like a bit of FPS with an RTS feel, you can pick up C&C Renegade at a budget price. If you're a graphics junkie, it's not for you - but if you don't mind 'older' looking graphics, it's got a unique feel to the gameplay.

And personally, I can't wait for the arrival of Contract JACK, because I've had a blast with the MP Demo. Nice fast run and gun action that doesn't let up, which again has very good level design and gameflow.

I also tried out Aliens v Predator 2 online recently, and it too has some unique gameplay elements. I can now see where the 'mutant' idea for UT2K3 came from - it was in AvP2 first. It's a quite atmospheric game, and if you liked either the Alien or Predator films, you won't go far wrong playing this... You can play as Predator, Alien or Marine in vanilla DM, or some of the more unique modes - like Hunted, Survival etc.

And as it's not on your list...you might want to try out the original Unreal Tournament, which has different dynamics to UT2K3, and some really great levels.

Hope you can find 'the next best thing'. ;)

I fyou want a free shooter, download Wolfenstein: Enemy Territories

You can't get better for free.

Other then shooters, some MMORPGs are fun but you need the budget for that.

Diablo II is a fun multiplayer game but it lags sometimes even with cable internet due to the huge number of people playing.

Battlefield 1942 is probably one of the best multiplayer game ever so it's really worth the investment.

Medal of Honor is also fun but that's only if you like to run around with old WWII guns 'cause other then that it's pretty basic.

America's Army is sooo much fun especially with people you know. Best experience was I was playing with a total of 10 people I don't know and all my guys got killed leaving me 1 on 5. I then got realllllly lucky and killed them all. When others are dead and you live you cannot "hear" what they type so when I killed the last guy it turns out they were all making a joke about my name.

1: You think he would be all soft and cuddly with a name like BigTeddy.

2: True. Put a machine gun in his hands and beware.

So much fun especially with the new one that just came out.

Savage is pretty fun. Basically it is a game where a commander man builds your base and your job is to kill the oppoents and do what he says. If you don't play together the odds are you will lose.

I love BF1942. I usually dominate that game a fair amount.

BigTeddyPaul

JO:Star Wars Jedi KnightII: Jedi Outcast

JA: Star Wars Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy

Q3: Quake 3

Call of Duty: Call of Duty lol

ut2k3: Unreal Tournament 2003

wc3: WarCraft 3

halo: HALO Combat Evolved

half-life: Half-Life lol

cs: Counter Strike

et: Return to Castle Wolfenstein: Enemy Territories

nolf 1&2: No idea...

2 words:

Operation Flashpoint

Get a few mates to play with you, and it's a total blast. I have never laughed so much playing a game as I have when playing OFP online with a couple of friends.

Hilarities include:

Getting my ass slammed into a building going at about 200mph in a jet plane, and ejecting 3 metres above the ground. It wasn't pretty :p

Watching a friend continually crash chopper after chopper, into the same tree. Not an easy feat if you've ever played the game ;)

Getting stranded in the middle of enemy territory, asking one of your mates to pick you up, then watch them get shot down in their nice new chopper about 1km away :p

Seeing an apache crawl up a mountain side, upside down (which I was trying to pilot). No-one could stop laughing for hours after that one ;)

I've never had so much fun with a game before...

Originally posted by imyourfather

PlanetSide!

Download the free trial, it r0xx0rs!

Hehe, I was a BETA tester for that Game, but I had to download ALL the patches, along with the game, it said it woulda taken 12 hours, so I was like, SCREW IT.

Anyways, best online MP...Unreal Tournament.

But as for free...its definately Enemy Territory. :)

Originally posted by The_One

2 words:

Operation Flashpoint

Get a few mates to play with you, and it's a total blast. I have never laughed so much playing a game as I have when playing OFP online with a couple of friends.

Hilarities include:

Getting my ass slammed into a building going at about 200mph in a jet plane, and ejecting 3 metres above the ground. It wasn't pretty :p

Watching a friend continually crash chopper after chopper, into the same tree. Not an easy feat if you've ever played the game ;)

Getting stranded in the middle of enemy territory, asking one of your mates to pick you up, then watch them get shot down in their nice new chopper about 1km away :p

Seeing an apache crawl up a mountain side, upside down (which I was trying to pilot). No-one could stop laughing for hours after that one ;)

I've never had so much fun with a game before...

LOL, i think I should buy that game, I liked the demo.

Blizzard games are a LOT of fun in multiplayer as long as you play with someone on your skill level. Going onto battle.net isn't fun for a newbie...but you could probably easily convince a buddy to play starcraft or warcraft 3 with you. Starcraft is the game I've probably spent time on than any other...and almost all of that was in mp.

Swoosh

Originally posted by Death_Jedi

dose any1 no a good free site to go 2 play online games

is Americas Army: Special Operations. free?

America's Army is totally free.

Wolfenstein: Enemy Territories is also totally free.

As for a place to find servers, I suggest you download a program that queries them for a certain game. Gamespy Arcade is one but it pretty much sucks. You can just do some research on the net.

Originally posted by lukeiamyourdad

America's Army is totally free.

Wolfenstein: Enemy Territories is also totally free.

As for a place to find servers, I suggest you download a program that queries them for a certain game. Gamespy Arcade is one but it pretty much sucks. You can just do some research on the net.

yeah, use the All Seeing Eye

Archived