Home

Want hardcore JA game play? (xmod2)

FK | unnamed

• Replies 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by SpecialForces

niether

Probably telling the truth but just ignorant or uninformed.

and why was that statement retarded?

Because in JK2 duel/CTF mode, the sabers were crap and kicks and force-based combos (ptk, pk, pt, gk and all variations and personalized combos including kick in them) were the only way to go if you wanted to win and be effective. Competitive players tend to always go for the strategies that help them win. (And I don't see any mostly saber users winning anything against a player like that)

You kick whored all the time in jk2

I know you did because when your server had people playing on it I played with you all the time Fallen.

So if someone uses kick-based and force-based combos mainly they are called "kick whores" but if someone uses saber swings mainly, they're not called "saber whores?" I don't understand your logic. Contrary to popular belief, kicks have as much (or even more) possibilities than sabers, with more effectiveness, complexity, the need to be precise, creative, have fast coordination and reflexes. With sabers you couldn't really chain combos together, but with kicks combined with force, you could.

BTW, I don't see Fallen here. Just uj and screed.

Originally posted by FK | unnamed

I'm not Fallen, F.Y.I.

And we didn't "whore" kicks, we used them.

It was just a tool that got the job done.

No different than a saber user sticking with certain moves or a certain stance that produced results for him.

Yeah, ok Kick Whore.

The point is that FK | unnamed is trying to defend kick whoring by calling it a "tool".

There's a big difference between occasionally using a move and whoring it by using it nearly exclusively.

If you do more than, say, half your damage by kicking, you're a kick whore.

Originally posted by razorace

The point is that FK | unnamed is trying to defend kick whoring by calling it a "tool".

There's a big difference between occasionally using a move and whoring it by using it nearly exclusively.

We could also argue that if you do more than half damage with a saber than your a saber whore ;) .

Theres always another side to the fence, you've stated your opinion and we've stated ours, now shut up or your trolling and need to be /amslapped :D

You're right, plazma, thank god I don't play x-mod regular. As said before by somebody else, I prefer to keep my kung-fu and saber duels separated. No offense, it is just my opinion. Therefore this is my last post in this thread. Enjoy your x-mod ;) (Not being sarcastic)

And do tell the people who whine ''butterfly spammer'' or ''kata spammer'' the same thing - it is a tool used in the game. Even if it can get annoying many times, it is just a part of the game/mod.

Ah, come to think about the AWP-whiners in CS... ''omg awp whore''

Yeah, ok Saber Whore.

/AMSLAP

gg

Originally posted by Master William

You're right, plazma, thank god I don't play x-mod regular. As said before by somebody else, I prefer to keep my kung-fu and saber duels separated. No offense, it is just my opinion. Therefore this is my last post in this thread. Enjoy your x-mod ;) (Not being sarcastic)

And do tell the people who whine ''butterfly spammer'' or ''kata spammer'' the same thing - it is a tool used in the game. Even if it can get annoying many times, it is just a part of the game/mod.

Ah, come to think about the AWP-whiners in CS... ''omg awp whore''

haha.

in cs i'm called that faggot who warps in and shoots you and is gone by the time the bullet hits. aka The Faggot Experience (inside LAN joke w/ my best friend, you're on the outside so don't try flaming)

Originally posted by g//plaZma

Probably telling the truth but just ignorant or uninformed.

Because in JK2 duel/CTF mode, the sabers were crap and kicks and force-based combos (ptk, pk, pt, gk and all variations and personalized combos including kick in them) were the only way to go if you wanted to win and be effective. Competitive players tend to always go for the strategies that help them win. (And I don't see any mostly saber users winning anything against a player like that)

So if someone uses kick-based and force-based combos mainly they are called "kick whores" but if someone uses saber swings mainly, they're not called "saber whores?" I don't understand your logic. Contrary to popular belief, kicks have as much (or even more) possibilities than sabers, with more effectiveness, complexity, the need to be precise, creative, have fast coordination and reflexes. With sabers you couldn't really chain combos together, but with kicks combined with force, you could.

BTW, I don't see Fallen here. Just uj and screed.

um:confused:

im 15 years old, I have a 4.0 in school, and I have 3 best friends and 9 friends all together.

please dont flame.

Kicking is fine.

Pullkicking/kicking without useing the saber most of the time is not.

That might be why they took kick out of JA.

the saber is why we play jk2/JA the constant kicking is not.

the saber is a weapon ment to be used, but kick is not.

Do you see kick being used allot in the movies, NO. They just added kick to protect yourself and use to do damage every now and then.

It takes skill to kill people with the saber and im sorry you dont have that (noob?) but thats still no excuse to be a kick whore.

I respect the FK as well as allot of other players. But its anoying when JA fixes the kick whoreing, this mod brings it back.

And yes I know, im not forced to play it.

ok now ill stfu :)

im 15 years old, I have a 4.0 in school, and I have 3 best friends and 9 friends all together.

please dont flame.

Kicking is fine.

Do you see kick being used allot in the movies, NO. They just added kick to protect yourself and use to do damage every now and then.

It takes skill to kill people with the saber and im sorry you dont have that (noob?) but thats still no excuse to be a kick whore.

I respect the FK as well as allot of other players. But its anoying when JA fixes the kick whoreing, this mod brings it back.

9!?!?!? Holy cow! Mr. Popular here! I bet all the girls in 7th grade want you, and all the little boys want to be like you.

Hell! I wanna be you!

edit: God im such an @sshole :D

please dont flame.

I have no interest in your personal life.

Kicking is fine.

Yup.

Because it doesn't suit your gamestyle, it's not ok for you so i guess it shouldn't be ok for everyone else, right? WRONG. We (competitive players) took advantage of the fact that kick was very powerful and indeed can beat anyone who doesn't take advantage of the chainable kicks.

Maybe. Or maybe because it was of whiners like you.

The saber is why you and some other people play jk2/ja.

But kick was used and we see it as a useful thing. Do you think they purposely included the ability to rocket jump in quake3? No, but it was possible.

Maybe, but this isn't a movie. It's a game and it's entirely up to the gamer what he/she chooses to use.

Wow. Bold statement. How about a 1v1 FF duel in JK2? It may take "skill" to kill a guy from the competitive ff duel community with a saber but that really will never happen because force-based combos rape sabers in many ways.

I don't think you're clear about why this mod brings it back. It's because it was an essential tool in JK2 ff s/o CTF and literally matches between ex-jk2 ctf players end up in a complete stalemate without kick. Plus, FF Dueling with kick and force based combos was awsome. If you want more info about why kick was needed, do a search on these forums.

Glad we got that clear.

That'd be a good idea because you obviously don't know jack about JK2 gameplay dynamics.

lol@screed

Originally posted by Rumor

haha.

in cs i'm called that faggot who warps in and shoots you and is gone by the time the bullet hits. aka The Faggot Experience (inside LAN joke w/ my best friend, you're on the outside so don't try flaming)

Unlike certain people, I'm not an opportunity flamer... I can also agree that the kicks are annoying as people use them agressively and alot, just ruins the feeling and annoys me IMO. Ok, now this is my LAST post in this thread. I hope.

and plazma, that ''not seen in the movies'' is just what honor-haters say as well. ''Did you see bowing in the movies? did you see them saying good fight?''. Well, did you see them spam matrix kicks in duels? now IMO a game shouldn't be based on a movie too much, because details like that can be left out or put in. It's all about sacrificing realism of a movie/book/whatever for gameplay, I believe...

please dont flame.

Kicking is fine.

ok so you choose how everyone else plays? do what you said and stfu now please.

Originally posted by Master William

Unlike certain people, I'm not an opportunity flamer... I can also agree that the kicks are annoying as people use them agressively and alot, just ruins the feeling and annoys me IMO. Ok, now this is my LAST post in this thread. I hope.

and plazma, that ''not seen in the movies'' is just what honor-haters say as well. ''Did you see bowing in the movies? did you see them saying good fight?''. Well, did you see them spam matrix kicks in duels? now IMO a game shouldn't be based on a movie too much, because details like that can be left out or put in. It's all about sacrificing realism of a movie/book/whatever for gameplay, I believe...

no you just bait everyone to flame. keep your trap shut and try just reading if you don't have constructive input. we can go around and aorund about how kick is "bad" or "lame" or whatever. its all about weather or not you are willing to adapt to something that is beating you, or even adapting to USING it.

as for the second thing you are taking that way out of context.

personal foul, 15 yard penalty, loss of down and possession.

the thing that honor people are all about is "being honourable jedai from teh movaiz" so we use the fact that they never bowed and how it was always a fight to the death with sabers in the movies against those who bow and do teh sabar down = peas.

I really hope this is sarcasm, because this is pure frustrated newbie dribble 101 I'm hearing once again.

So if in a full weapon FFA I don't ever whip out a melee weapon and I just blast people, that's a bad thing?

:rolleyes:

psst... when some people play video games they try to get "the high score".

past it on.

I gave Master Hex my wish list of admin functions, and he was very responsive, as some of you have said. Admin functions will be greatly expanded in version 2.1, which he will release in the next few days. Details here:

http://x.fragism.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=2540&highlight=#2540

It also has a bugfix that prevented use of "sets" information cvars http://x.fragism.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=429&highlight=

What most of you guys don't realize is that without kick, there is no way of killing anyone good ever especially in ctf or 1v1. PEople say FK can't play without kick. Thats a wrong statement, they can play and they would still beat most other players in 1v1 ff duel or ctf ff, it just would be pointless. The reason why its pointless is simply because each duel would last forever and in ctf one would not return the flag easily and technically a good player can avoid death for the whole 20 minutes in ctf and probably avoid death for an hour in 1v1 duel without kick. However, most of you who antipathized versus users of jk2 kick, lacked knowledge of the fundamentals of drain and how it works (you probably only know that its cheap and you can't escape it). FK could still dominate most players simply by draining after every special saber attack they use until their opponent has 0 force. Most other players would try to drain completely which would make their force pool go down faster than their opponents (if they have high FPS).

Some of you guys complain that their is a lack of counter vs kick. There are many counters vs kick, but you could only know them well if you played jk2 ff s/o alot. You could simply run backwards and kick back (when the approacher misses or comes too close) or you can drain back every bit of health you lost.

The only gametype that would make any sense without kick is ffa. Even then its still a game style taking much skill. I can almost always take lead by running around with double sabers and lv3 rage and backstabing everyone. Thats using about 7 keys alone, (4 for movement, one for primary fire, one for jump, and one for rage), thats 3 keys besides movement keys. While in a true 100% effort ff fight with kick one would need something more like 14 keys to win, near twice as much as without kick. One would use 4 for movement, 1 for jump, 1 for pull, 1 for push, 1 for duck, 1 for alt attack, 1 for attack, 1 for grip (optional), 1 for drain, 1 for lightning, and 1 for saber stance change. 14 keys VS 7 keys, which one takes more coordination and skill?

Did I say you are using keyboards? I only said keys not keyboards. If you are talking about mouse than I misstated and I include mouse into my description, but if you are talking about a gamepad or anything, the user of the gamepad is limiting themselves to even less buttons and slower turn speeds. But no I did not mean to limit my thesis to keyboards alone, I meant keys as any sort of button or output.

Originally posted by FK | unnamed

I really hope this is sarcasm, because this is pure frustrated newbie dribble 101 I'm hearing once again.

So if in a full weapon FFA I don't ever whip out a melee weapon and I just blast people, that's a bad thing?

:rolleyes:

psst... when some people play video games they try to get "the high score".

past it on.

OMFG, thats not what we are talking about!!!

If you abuse kicking like allot of people did in jk2 its KICK WHOREING!!!!!!!!

Kicking every now and then is FINE but if you think the saber is useless like some pathetic noobs out there that cant use it, you put the saber away and kick everyone all the time!

at least disable pull kicking...

And kicking takes NO SKILL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The ONLY reason why most people dont kick is because unlike the saber, if you have low fps you cant kick for ****!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ITS RETARDED!!!!!!!!!

HE IS no noob its you that is the noob.

I played lots of fk, they coudnt kill me at all if they didnt use kick, or when I got them to low health they would start kicking me again and say "OH SORRY I FORGOT!!!!!!" and **** like that.

Kick is rediculous. YES it should be used but NO if it gets whored and unfortunently thats all everyone does!!!!!

**** this IM GOOD I KNOW HOW TO KILL PEOPLE HAHAHA I KICKED YOU TO DEATH HAHAHA YOU SUCK HAHAHA crap!!!

If you use kick all the time, you have no skill, no pride, no honor, no SKILL. And you are a tottal crapy noob.

Didnt want to flame but sometimes you have to to get the point across. ;)

OMFG, thats not what we are talking about!!!

If you abuse kicking like allot of people did in jk2 its KICK WHOREING!!!!!!!!

Kicking every now and then is FINE but if you think the saber is useless like some pathetic noobs out there that cant use it, you put the saber away and kick everyone all the time!

at least disable pull kicking...

And kicking takes NO SKILL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The ONLY reason why most people dont kick is because unlike the saber, if you have low fps you cant kick for ****!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ITS RETARDED!!!!!!!!!

HE IS no noob its you that is the noob.

I played lots of fk, they coudnt kill me at all if they didnt use kick, or when I got them to low health they would start kicking me again and say "OH SORRY I FORGOT!!!!!!" and **** like that.

Kick is rediculous. YES it should be used but NO if it gets whored and unfortunently thats all everyone does!!!!!

**** this IM GOOD I KNOW HOW TO KILL PEOPLE HAHAHA I KICKED YOU TO DEATH HAHAHA YOU SUCK HAHAHA crap!!!

If you use kick all the time, you have no skill, no pride, no honor, no SKILL. And you are a tottal crapy noob.

Didnt want to flame but sometimes you have to to get the point across. ;)

I think this post is gonna get the crap beat out of it.

Archived