Home

Want hardcore JA game play? (xmod2)

FK | unnamed

Okay, time for my take. I've played this mod for two days now.

The mod really doesn't do anything but add kick into the mix.

If you liked JO, then your in for a real treat.

However, since this mod makes katas the only real difference between JO and JA, I am curious as to why those who want competitive matches, don't choose to just continue playing JO. With this mod, it's the exact same game except katas. Oh, and now the pull throw doesn't work.

In the end, this mod is all about kicks. And if you have a modest knowledge of kicking from JO, plus a very low ping, then you'll do quite well.

If kick matches aren't your thing, then this is not your server.

• Replies 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply

its disabled by a cvar. =X= has always hated pull throw as a clan as have others, yet others just accepted and adapted. and you know what? those that accepted it were the top in jk2

as for why not stick with jk2? well no ladders and a community that went bye bye with the advent of 1.03 and 1.04, and you ask why?

Originally posted by .:Silver:.

I am curious as to why those who want competitive matches, don't choose to just continue playing JO.

Well I wouldn't consider myself a competitive player,

/snip *edit*

That's like asking why you bought a new car to replace your old one...kinda...another horrible example, I'm going to bed. Ignore this post, I'm delirious.

Originally posted by .:Silver:.

Okay, time for my take. I've played this mod for two days now.

The mod really doesn't do anything but add kick into the mix.

If you liked JO, then your in for a real treat.

However, since this mod makes katas the only real difference between JO and JA, I am curious as to why those who want competitive matches, don't choose to just continue playing JO. With this mod, it's the exact same game except katas. Oh, and now the pull throw doesn't work.

In the end, this mod is all about kicks. And if you have a modest knowledge of kicking from JO, plus a very low ping, then you'll do quite well.

If kick matches aren't your thing, then this is not your server.

Well, this is an early version of xmod2. Hex is planning to add a lot of other stuff into it.

Yes there were multiple updates of xmod for jk2, more to come for xmod2.

The best thing about xmod is that hex believes people shouldn't be forced to play how he wants. He adds loads of cvars to turn things on and off, thatway, everyone is happy.

xmod needed a small client file for script detection, but I dont think there was a way of script detection without downloading the small file. If a script was detected, there were three options: ignore completely, kick or don't kick but upload ip/info to a log file.

New in this version:

x_newmotd - New centerscreen MOTD cvar

x_newmotd_time - Time (in seconds to display this motd)

x_flipkick - Enable front flipkick

x_health_disable - Disable health items

x_shield_disable - Disable shield items

x_medpac_disable - Disable medpac items

x_powerup_disable - Disable powerups

x_black_enable - Enable the use of black in a name

x_pullthrow_disable - 1 doesn't allow push/pull while saber throwing, 2 makes the saber return

x_red_lock - Lock the red team

x_blue_lock - Lock the blue team

x_suicide_disable - 1 Disable The use of suicide, 2 smart kill award system

x_fallfadetime - Ammount of time it takes to fall to death

x_jawa_model - 0 disables the use of the jawa model

x_menu_model - 0 disables the use of the kyle & luke /menu models

-Fixed name color code back to the old xmod1 jk2 style

-Minor code adjustments to allow flipkick

as you can see, there is much more work to do.

side kicks are not in yet and quite a few tweaks that he put in JO, not to mention suggested tweaks he stated he wanted to put in for JA, have not made it in yet.

Keep in mind, he kind of snuck this one out the door real quick the day before Thanksgiving, so given the fact that he took time out of what ever personal/family things he had going on, to gave us a small teaser, was pretty cool.

How is that, it edits for you? Xmod :rock: Its hardcore? Do you have to double tap jump to kick then? I know for shizzy the answer will be yes. Its an FKs dream. Well, is it? You fks specialize in front kick, no are obsessed with it. Do you actually have a bind for it? I mean, holy **** you guys kick well. Absolute ****ing kick whores :D

Originally posted by razorace

I don't see the point in reinstalling the flip kick. The only reason why people liked it/used it was becuase it was unbalanced compared to the actual basic saber combat.

umm, no. Kick was put back in b/c its the most affective way to set your opponant up for a finishing move.

Originally posted by Rumor

yeah totally. kick was so powerful man. it had no counters or nothing.

it adds absolutely nothing to the game.

Yeah I kno d00d it did liek 20 dmg and it was so hard to avoid/counter unless you knew how to move out of the way or use pull within that small time period when the guy who kicked you is still in the air and then kick him back (which ofcourse was impossible to do)

hahaha g1 ;)

Originally posted by razorace

Yeah, from a fresh respawn!

dude you have no idea what you're talking about. Pipe down and learn.

Kick was essential to FF s/o CTF and made FF dueling a lot more challenging with the combos kick brought to the table.

Again, this mod is more targeted towards the competitive saber only full force community and the guys who simply liked kick and the kick-based combos in JO, while doubling as a very nice admin mod. You don't have to play it if it's not your thing and if you simply can't cope with kick and tactical play.

Archived