Home

All Your Base Are Belong to us

RoxStar

Its...so...mind...numbingly...stupid...and makes me want to hang the translator! Thats so retarted. "Dur, all your base are belong to us" WTF DO YOU MEAN?? I JUST MOWED YOU DOWN!! WHO CAN'T DODGE A TANK MAN?!?! ALL YOUR BASE ARE MINE!! SPEAK RIGHT IDIOTS!!! ARGH!!!!!!!!

*throws grenade and runs*

Too...much...Halo...must...sleep...

Originally posted by IG-64

i still don't get it, so the translators just scerewd up and everybody just thought it was great?

Esentially.......apparently Blizzard found it funny too because that is their instant victory cheat for WC3 :p

and somebodysetusupthebomb is their instant defeat cheat

I just saw it on a Futurama episode!! Fry used a what if.. machine to see how the world would be like if it was more like computer games... so a lot of **** happens including Asteroids, Donkey Kong and so on, earth gets invaded because Fry couldnt destroy the last ship in a game of space invaders, lotsa old gaming people come out, among them is an green fellow wich I think is from robotron or something, says "all your base are belong to us" in a very robo-like voice

There was a car in my Dorm's parking lot with an All your base are belong to us bumper sticker. Me and my friend decided that the person who owned that vehicle was in fact a genious ;)

My guess is the translators for that game weren't so much translators as they were the japanese programmers, and they didn't have enough money to find a real translator, so they bought a Japanese-to-English dictionary :p

When I first studied French in school, I kept jumping ahead of the teacher and pulling new words out of the dictionary that I didn't know how to use yet...

I've said things even dumber than, 'You have no chance to survive make your time.' ;)

I always thought the humor behind AYBABTU was the poor english behind the revolutionary statements. 'All your base are belong to us?' It's every american's worst nightmare to wake up one morning and find a message like that on the computer screen. :D

Archived