Home

A Touching Christmas Story

obi

I just thought I'd post a heartfelt Christmas story, being that time of the year.

I was doing my last minute shopping at the mall today for my friends. The mall was crowded, with all types of people. I noticed, on a bench, a small child. He had his hands on his face and he was crying. The child looked like he hadn't had a decent meal in a few days, or a bath. Despite that, I walked up to the boy and put my hand on his shoulder.

"Whats the matter, son?" I asked the child.

"Well, let me explain." He said. "My dad is a real mean drunk, and my mother is in a wheelchair, and my baby sister is too young to go off by herself, so my dad gave me two $100 bills to do the Christmas shopping for my family. So, I came here."

"Well, why are you crying?" I asked him.

"Well.." he replied, "Just a moment ago, I was robbed. A man took one of my $100 bills." He said, and then began to cry again.

"Oh my lord, son!" I exclaimed. "Didn't you cry out for help?" I asked him.

"Yes sir, I did." He said.

"Well, how loud did you yell?" I asked him.

He said: "Like this.." and then he let out a really small yelp that couldn't even be heard by the best listener on the planet.

"Is that as loud as you can yell, son?" I asked him.

"Yes sir, it is." He said, with a frown.

So I took his other $100 bill.

Obi- Its that reason why you deserve to be a super mod. How you asked that boy what was wrong and gave him a $100. That takes a special kind of person to do that.

*rereads thread*

Woah! Obi you are so cool! If I had a great story like that I would post it in a heartbeat. But sadly all my stories are "normal" and would be considered "boring" for you "normal" LF "members".

:p

Originally posted by obi-wan13

Tesla is referring to the pic Groovy or Rhett(don't remember which) made of me from my superman suit. Check the "Yoda's Swamp Cartoon" thread.

C'mon, I know some of you guys have some interesting stories:D

Ok, here's one of mine- it's just so hartwarming and speshul.

I am driving along a dirt road in my ford truck, and I saw a fisherman. He said that all the fish were at the bottom of the pool, and he was very hungry. So, being the good citizen I am, dump some cyanide into the pool. Instantly, the fish came rising up in the dozens. The man thanked me and gleefully took a bite off one of the fish. I nod and walk on.

I am still driving along the road, and it was raining. I see an old man struggling to walk on a hill. I ask him what was wrong, and he said he needed shelter. So, being the good citizen I am, make a sleigh for him. I tell him to get onto it, and he does. I then push him off the hill into a cave. There wasnt any crash sounds, so he seemed to have gotten into it safely. When I got back into my truck, I saw some wolves come out of the cave licking themselves, so I knew he had some warm company to have dinner with.

Driving along the road, it's now night, and I notice a man trying to light a fire. He seems to be having some trouble, and I come by. I say hallo, and he asks me if I could make the fire for him. I remember the ancient proverb, so I gladly follow it. Instead of lighting the fire for the night, I'll just light the man up and keep him warm for the rest of his life. I dont know why he's running like a lunatic when I did do the kind deed, so I just climbed into the truck and rode home.

:D

Originally posted by Tyrion

Ok, here's one of mine- it's just so hartwarming and speshul.

I am driving along a dirt road in my ford truck, and I saw a fisherman. He said that all the fish were at the bottom of the pool, and he was very hungry. So, being the good citizen I am, dump some cyanide into the pool. Instantly, the fish came rising up in the dozens. The man thanked me and gleefully took a bite off one of the fish. I nod and walk on.

I am still driving along the road, and it was raining. I see an old man struggling to walk on a hill. I ask him what was wrong, and he said he needed shelter. So, being the good citizen I am, make a tobbacan for him. I tell him to get onto it, and he does. I then push him off the hill into a cave. There wasnt any crash sounds, so he seemed to have gotten into it safely. When I got back into my truck, I saw some wolves come out of the cave licking themselves, so I knew he had some warm company to have dinner with.

Driving along the road, it's now night, and I notice a man trying to light a fire. He seems to be having some trouble, and I come by. I say hallo, and he asks me if I could make the fire for him. I remember the ancient proverb, so I gladly follow it. Instead of lighting the fire for the night, I'll just light the man up and keep him warm for the rest of his life. I dont know why he's running like a lunatic when I did do the kind deed, so I just climbed into the truck and rode home.

:D

Woah, nice story. You know, you and Obi aren't really setting good influences to the 12/13/14/15/etc. year old kiddies in these forums. You should slap a warning or something on those stories like "do not do this! It is not christmasy!"

Originally posted by snowman21

Woah, nice story. You know, you and Obi aren't really setting good influences to the 12/13/14/15/etc. year old kiddies in these forums. You should slap a warning or something on those stories like "do not do this! It is not christmasy!"

Those are all ages where someone should know what the hell they're doing.

Should we put the disclaimer, "Don't be an idiot", on the forum entrance as well?

Jeez.

As a side note, I second what Eets said. :D

Originally posted by Jed

Those are all ages where someone should know what the hell they're doing.

Should we put the disclaimer, "Don't be an idiot", on the forum entrance as well?

Jeez.

As a side note, I second what Eets said. :D

Woah, I was joking...sorry i guess. Now I'm upset and its an hour till christmas. :(

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

man that was so funny.

(and anyone who knows obi, KNOWS his values

so they would not be freaked out by that.

or should not be, although it did surprise me)

cause I did not think he had a sardonic bone

in his body 'until now that is' :)

Merry Jiggly Everyone!

<edit>

hey what are all those little star war dudes on Eets post?

are they smiley's? they look neat.

</edit>

Archived