Home

SW:GaLAXIES YES or NO

Venom750

Star Wars:Galaxies Buy it  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Star Wars:Galaxies Buy it

• YES
    • NO

I think Galaxies is designed to trap unknowing parents of little kids into huge financial outlays. The notice on the box doesn't even describe how much money, and seems like it could be part of the esrb rating. I was given it as a gift from someone who knew I liked Star Wars games and had no idea it was like that, and I returned it for Kotor.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Originally posted by Siv

in future McCusto could you edit your first post instead of triple-posting, thanks :)

Galaxies doesn't really appeal to me and i haven't heard enough good things about it to convince me otherwise

I respect your thoughts but the bad reviews were about the demo because that did suck but the game is worth the price:)

Originally posted by McCusto

Get the game #1 RPG!!!

Stupid fools! Have you even played the game for more than a week!?

lol ALOT of money? It is only $15 a month lol!!!

Lets say the game costs 60 dollars that is 240 for the first year, but I'll assume they give you a month free so thats 225 for the first year. Let's say you play for 2 years thats 545 and once you stop playing you lose your character + Lucas is rolling around in your cash. If you have the money go ahead, it is YOUR money after all but for $545 dollars you could buy about 8-9 Good RPG's that could keep you entertained far longer than SWG can.

I say if you're going to get it now is the time. For a while there wasn't much to it, but now things are finally getting to where the devs want them. I really feel that SOE/LA rushed them into releasing that game way ahead of schedule. I reccomend getting it. It's been a lot of fun for me. :)

Yes, only 15 dollars. Yes, we all need a car, but why do we need a awsome, shiney, hotrod of a car? Enjoyment. You might place such a car above an MMORPG, but you shouldn't. The need for a car period is above one, perhaps, since you NEED one to live today. But haveing a expensive one, wich is mostly becouse it looks good, is just as trivial. So why not spend 15 dollars for SWG?

Well, seeing as most people struggle for every Dollar they make, they wouldn't spend it on a hotrod, but on stuff like FOOD and BILLS, instead of those 225 bucks for a year of playing a game... Yeah, it isn't THAT much, but it's still quite a huge sum...

Ok i'm sorry but that game was horrible. I had the game for a few months and iwaws good for the 1st month. Then you realize... I really don't have 5 hours a day to level up my character:mad: It takes too wasy too long to do anything in this game. You have to buy all of your equipment(not so bad) when you finally get enough money to get a so-so tool/gun you realize that you need to level up your character for like 5 more hours NON STOP. Cause if you don't you can't use the equipment. :mad: Then after you step back a secoind and notice how much running around you do and say to your self"i haven't done anything fun yet". Wanna beome a Jedi? GOOD LUCK Pffff...... The game id not fun and i a semi-complete waste of money. I feel sorry for all who have bought the game and saw for them selved that it doesn't even desevre the title of Star Wars.

I'm REALLY sorry about this mods and admins, but Talak Halon, for SWG Stratics, and SWG official forums, STFU noob!!

*cough* Again, I'm sorry, but I really had to say that. Talak, do yourself a favor and never play another MMORPG, becouse SWG has one of the easiest level treadmills. You can reach the Master level in a week if you really grind it, no other game lets you do that. If you bought the game to be a Jedi, then don't complain, its clear by spending two minutes on any SWG boared that becomeing a Jedi is the hardest thing within the game.

Also, yes, you have to level up your character to use the best stuff, otherwise it would be EQ in space, and everybody would pimp up every noob that walked into the game, and there would be no challenge. Atleast, for all the hundreads of sets of comp armour I see, I know that most actually earned them. As easy as it may have been. I'm sorry Talak, if you can't use cheat codes in SWG, but it is one of the fastest MMORPG's around.

Five hours? Five hours is nothing. Five hours gets you a pint of Ale in Everquest. And you must be doing something wrong there becouse I can gain several skills in five hours. You just have to know what to kill. Take a moment to learn the ins and outs of the game, find yourself a good guild. You might actually find it fun if you show some patience.

Again I'm sorry for my somewhat agressive post, but it just pisses me off when people want everything to be SO easy...

Edit: Also, you probably played back when the game first came out. Of course it was buggy and unfinished, all MMO's are buggy and unfinished when they come out. They can't help that. Things have really gotten better. You have Speeders to get you around really fast now.

Archived