Home

Kotor Tool - v1.0.2210.16738 (2006-1-19 12:38)

Fred Tetra

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Fred Tetra

The next version has the ability to maintain two sets of path information and also lets you work with both games at the same time.

When editor windows are opened for a given file, they also indicate which game they are from.

Excellent. Thank you!

Hey- please ignore this if this question/problem has already been dealt with. When I try to use KOTOR tool for TSL, I get an error message saying that my "chitin.key file appers to be corrupt. You may want to reinstall KOTOR to fix this." Problem is: I have reinstalled it and gotten the same message, and the game runs fine, and KOTOR tool works on .2da's at least just fine. So I am wondering if this is just a bug in my version of Kotor tool(vers. 1.0.1768.1782) or if my copy of the game is messed up. Also- everytime I start KT up it asks whether I want to install the newest version: when I click yes, it goes through the installation, and the vers. number doesnt change, and it asks again the next time I boot it up whether I want to install the newest version, which I just did. Any help would be appreciated.

Originally posted by Bimmerman850CSi

Hey- please ignore this if this question/problem has already been dealt with. When I try to use KOTOR tool for TSL, I get an error message saying that my "chitin.key file appers to be corrupt. You may want to reinstall KOTOR to fix this." Problem is: I have reinstalled it and gotten the same message, and the game runs fine, and KOTOR tool works on .2da's at least just fine. So I am wondering if this is just a bug in my version of Kotor tool(vers. 1.0.1768.1782) or if my copy of the game is messed up. Also- everytime I start KT up it asks whether I want to install the newest version: when I click yes, it goes through the installation, and the vers. number doesnt change, and it asks again the next time I boot it up whether I want to install the newest version, which I just did. Any help would be appreciated.

Are you using KT to edit Kotor 2 files or Kotor 1 files. Because if you're using it for K2, then the error is normal, because KOTOR tool doesn't fully support TSL. At least not the version avaible to download.

Anyways. Great job Fred! I'm getting more and more excited to get my hands on it. :D

I was using KT to edit both KOTOR 1 and 2 by manually changing the paths when I wanted to switch from one game to another. This only happened when I was editing K2, so if you say its a common error b/c KT does not fully support K2(I didnt know that) then I guess i dont have a problem after all. Thanks for the help.

I was testing this version of Kotor Tool and I think it still has that problem older versions had with some made robes/armors.

It wont open them

It also said my chitin.key appears to be corrupt, it says it was altered from the official version tho I havent installed anything on my game yet.

Also, where can I find that old .GFF editor that modders used before Kotor Tool could be used to modify items?

there is no need to worry about the chitin.key that is just because KotOR tool isn't fully compatible with TSL yet and you can get the old GFF editor by, actually checking the useful tutorial sections and stickies, but I'll do it ofr you this time :)

click here

read section 2.2 c.

I am having a problem opening the .2da files. If I click on one in a folder I get a message saying that "there is no editor available for that file type". If I try to open one from inside kotor tool it doesn't do anything at all. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

AL

Originally posted by wolverine66

I am having a problem opening the .2da files. If I click on one in a folder I get a message saying that "there is no editor available for that file type". If I try to open one from inside kotor tool it doesn't do anything at all. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

AL

To open 2DA files, either click the 2da shortcut button on the toolbar or choose "Open 2DA file editor" from the Tools menu.

You can select and open the files from within the editor.

Just an update:

I think I have finally figured out a way to handle two cases that never worked right in Kotor Tools Item Properties editor - Disguises and Traps.

Both are unique in that they have a Property and Subtype but no cost table. I somehow missed this in my initial development of the editor.

I *think* I have it working correctly, as an item I made, when equipped, makes you look like Bastilla. I haven't figured out a good test case for the Trap property yet....

Archived