Home

Kotor Tool - v1.0.2210.16738 (2006-1-19 12:38)

Fred Tetra

Originally posted by Fred Tetra
A module consists of more that just the .mdl and .mdx files; there are also these files that determine the "walkmesh" for it. These indicate where you can and cannot walk, and no one has yet figured out the format.

Ah, I see...well is it possible to re-texture existing modules then?

As for TSL maps, we should be able to work with them just as for KotOR, I just haven't had the time to experiment, given the number of updates Kotor Tool needed just to perform the other functions most people depend on.

No problem. Us "module enthusiasts" seems to be the minority anyway, so you should focus on those other areas. :D

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Fred Tetra

You should be able to retexture any level just like one would for any other model in the game, I suppose. I haven't tried it yet, however.

Yes you can. Infact Gsccc mods Reign of the The Sith and his other world spanning mods he does just this process.

Well I just downloaded Fred Teras Kotor Tool and tried tp open it but ...

Finding needed file .DLL MSCOREE.DLL was impossible

(I'm translating from polish windows)

... popped out. Anyone knows what's the problem?

Originally posted by Captivus

Well I just downloaded Fred Teras Kotor Tool and tried tp open it but ...

... popped out. Anyone knows what's the problem?

It would be because you do not have the Microsoft .NET framework installed. You need to download and install this for KOTOR Tool to work.

New promblem :(

When I'm supposed to choose the path (source path?) kotor tool finds KOTOR 1 automaticly but can't find KOTOR2. I tried to click "..." icon but no window pops out .... whats wrong?

Basiclly I can mod KOTOR 1 but - for reasons unknown - not KOTOR 2

Fred,

Are there any limitations on creature hides (slashes, blows, etc) for TSL in the newer versions of KT? I tried adding a g_w_crslash (a new one labeled 013 to be specific) to Bao-Dur via KT and it doesn't appear to have taken hold. I've yet to try applying it via GFF Editor, so I can't confirm if the problem is application or mechanics, but I thought some input from you might help the process of elimination.

Thanks!

Hi, I want to start moding Kotor (I and II) now, too.

But I have the same problem as CorSton on the last page.

When starting the modul editor, after choosing the directory, I extracted it to, after choosing Kotor 1 and high res maps, I get the error-message

"Unable to load MapInfo.bfd file."

I downloaded it 4 days ago, so it should search for the file in the Kotor directory (where it is).

I don't really have a clue what I'm doing ;) so I would first guess I did something wrong. What could it be?

TIA Maraxus.

PS: I would not belief that a single person did this tool. And even as a hobby. Fred Tetra, you are great. :)

Originally posted by Mythos

Hi, I want to start moding Kotor (I and II) now, too.

But I have the same problem as CorSton on the last page.

When starting the modul editor, after choosing the directory, I extracted it to, after choosing Kotor 1 and high res maps, I get the error-message

"Unable to load MapInfo.bfd file."

I downloaded it 4 days ago, so it should search for the file in the Kotor directory (where it is).

I don't really have a clue what I'm doing ;) so I would first guess I did something wrong. What could it be?

TIA Maraxus.

PS: I would not belief that a single person did this tool. And even as a hobby. Fred Tetra, you are great. :)

While working on the Walkmesh issue, I came across the error you're getting and I have fixed it.

You should be able to work around the problem for now by copying the mapinfo.bfd file to your KotOR I folder. That's where the Module editor was (incorrectly) looking for the file.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, folks! While this might not be the right place to ask, I'm looking for a new logo for the Kotor Tool website. The one I have is pretty lame, I know.

I figured, after seeing some of the re-skinning work done by some of the folks here that someone would be able to do a better job.

The Kotor Tool logo? Gift from a co-worker. The web design? Courtesy of Darth Grandpa. The site logo... sad to say, mine.

If you think you can come up with something better, email it to me. The one I like best that uses the Kotor Tool logo and ties in the best with modding and Kotor Tool itself will be used and credited.

If anyone finds this request inappropriately posted, I will remove it (and cease Kotor Tool development... JK!)

Well, Fred it took me about half a day... lol had to get some good screenies and resize them quite a bit, anyway let me know what you think, and if you have any suggestions by all means tell me :D

Kotor Tool Header

Credits:

Echani PC Head: Darth Melignous

Alien PC Head: Darth Melignous

HK-47 re-skin: svösh

HK-47's Gun: Mono_Giganto

DL-44 Blaster: Mono_Giganto

Stormtrooper Helmet: Prime

Lightsaber Hilt: Me

The Official KT Icon: You ;)

Well Thats It!

Edit: @ Hive, I know what you mean, I tried to put in a lot of various mods, but the good thing is that it is better to have more than less because it is very easy to remove, versus add on ;) and that is the point of the first draft, see what you want or don't want and move from there.

To be honest, I find this suggestion to be a bit... too much. I think a more "simple" approach with less graphic and colours would be much better.

Now of course, I don't have skills to make one myself - so perhaps I should just shut up...:D

Originally posted by maverick187

Well, Fred it took me about half a day... lol had to get some good screenies and resize them quite a bit, anyway let me know what you think, and if you have any suggestions by all means tell me :D

Kotor Tool Header

Credits:

Echani PC Head: Darth Melignous

Alien PC Head: Darth Melignous

HK-47 re-skin: svösh

HK-47's Gun: Mono_Giganto

DL-44 Blaster: Mono_Giganto

Stormtrooper Helmet: Prime

Lightsaber Hilt: Me

The Official KT Icon: You ;)

Well Thats It!

Edit: @ Hive, I know what you mean, I tried to put in a lot of various mods, but the good thing is that it is better to have more than less because it is very easy to remove, versus add on ;) and that is the point of the first draft, see what you want or don't want and move from there.

nice job

JIC (Just In Case) you don't want a pic you can copy on your site or just wanted something a little different try this:

Clickie Clickie

It has a couple of sabers in it that change out to give you a "neutral" feel not sith or jedi :D

And I'm waiting for some design files to upload so I thought I'd make this really quick in addition to the other two jpg's

Archived