Home

Kotor Tool - v1.0.2210.16738 (2006-1-19 12:38)

Fred Tetra

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by kessno11

I really enjoy you KOTOR tool Fred, I'm glad someone finally made one! I've seen a lot of talk around lately about a Hex Editor? What is it for??

Thanks,

kessno11

It's also used by us old fogey hackers who would rather hex edit something than use an easy utility like mdlops. :p

Same here...apart .mod and .erf files and dialog.bif, the following files have been updated with the patch:

Patching File chitin.key

Patching File dialog.tlk

Patching File data\Scripts.bif (nwscript.nss has not been modified but I wonder if it will be when the international patch is released)

Patching File swconfig.exe

Patching File swkotor2.exe

Originally posted by svösh

Here is my second attempt at the web header as always anything can be changed ;)

http://svoshsphotos.fotopic.net/p13851202.html

svösh

Your first was better :) to much goin' on in the title header. And if you put a current date thingie in there you'll have to keep updating on a regular basis.

I do like the design though :elephant:

You folks are going to make it hard on old Fred to decide, aren't you? :D

Don't stop! :)

I, too, like how you incorporated the KT GUI into it.

Maybe I should allow some extra height, perhaps another 25-75 px, so that folks can put in what they want without it getting to crowded; what do you all say?

Originally posted by Fred Tetra

You folks are going to make it hard on old Fred to decide, aren't you? :D

Don't stop! :)

I, too, like how you incorporated the KT GUI into it.

Maybe I should allow some extra height, perhaps another 25-75 px, so that folks can put in what they want without it getting to crowded; what do you all say?

If it doesn't hinder your site, definitely! :D

BTW Fred, do you perchance have a "master" file of the KT icon? Otherwise it's hard to resize without re-building it... just a thought.. otherwise we'll just have to get craftier ;) hehehe....

Yep, all of our submissions look good I think ChAiNz so I agree.

@Fred,

Even though they are all good I would URGE you to not use any of the final submissions and appoint the one you like best to do one for you per your specs. I've never had a client like something without changes. So from a designer standpoint I'd recommend havin' the winner do one per what you'd like to see ;)

If you like elements of several you could always encorporate them into one final one. Most of us (I know me) submitted it to you to "pay homage" to you for your (I can't even say how good) contribution to ALL of us in modding worldwide.

Just my two cents

ooh, ALSO from a design standpoint I would also recommend Flash for the format for your final design that your gonna post. It is "slightly" less compatible than a .jpg but 99.9% of everyone has Flash player installed through IE and it would assure that your final choice stays "your choice" and isn't copied for other sites out there. Trust me they will copy :D

Didn't say Svosh's TH didn't look nice just said too busy and there is a difference ;) Svosh is well aware of what I think of Svosh's work ;)

Fred, I'm having that problem as well "Your Kotor chitin.key file appears to be corrupt or is a non-US version."

Hope you get er' fixed man, but NO HURRY! You could take a year off and still have already done more than your part for us all :D

Originally posted by Jennaida

I dunno...svosh's second submission looks nice to me. Not 'too busy' as another said :) They all look nice to me, though. :)

Is the modified chitin key being much of a pain in the butt to work through, Fred?:)

It probably won't be, but I am FINALLY taking everyone's advice and playing TSL. I just arrived at Telos. (I don't want to say more so as not to spoil it for anyone, though if you're reading this thread, you're either just like me <hehheh> or you've finished the game)

Oh, and I have been working with CChargin to figure out a bunch of things so we can get animations working in the models. Now don't go pestering him as to when; he's a busy guy IRL! :)

Also, I have made some significant Walkmesh discoveries recently which have been sucking up my time; an update will be made in the related thread later.

Originally posted by Fred Tetra

The drive to fix bugs and to improve and add new features to Kotor Tool is very hard to resist, but I want to finish the game before KotOR III comes out! :)

I here ya when in school I still fix bugs on projects that I handed in

Archived