Home

Kotor Tool - v1.0.2210.16738 (2006-1-19 12:38)

Fred Tetra

Originally posted by Fred Tetra

A new version of Kotor Tool will be posted today.

If you're manually downloading, check that the version number is the one below.

v1.0.1900.40262 (2005-3-15 23:27)

Features/updates:

• Simplified the Path Manager interface
  • Added support for NwnNSSComp 1.02 to the Project Manager
  • Project Manager now reports error when script compilation fails and gives option to continue or quit.
  • Fixed bug in window size persistence code
  • Added Widow Size and Location persistence for Project Manager

The instructions for using the Project Manager for compiling scripts are here

Good news...I can finally compile fine from the project manager. Loaded up my "test" project and clicked buld and it all worked.

Earlier I created the test project using v1.0.1900.17897 and it gave me an error.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by mortis42

Good news...I can finally compile fine from the project manager. Loaded up my "test" project and clicked buld and it all worked.

Earlier I created the test project using v1.0.1900.17897 and it gave me an error.

I'm glad to hear that it worked for you!

This feature didn't make it in the last release due to time constraints, then I unexpectedly had more free time and finished it!

One problem with writing software is balancing how many new fixes and features to include in a release versus how often to release; work on 25-30 things but only release once every three months or ... :)

I've gotten a few requests over time for the ability to copy and paste a row between two different 2DA files, and I have gotten it working where you can do that, plus paste a row from MS Excel in as well. (Excel sends you a MemoryStream (!) instead of a string, even though the clipboard indicates "Csv" as the data format. Different, eh?)

I was wondering how many people would use a feature whereby you could select several rows to copy and paste, both within a file and between two different ones as well.

Any interest? Would this be useful?

I was wondering how many people would use a feature whereby you could select several rows to copy and paste, both within a file and between two different ones as well.

I think just about everyone would use it as you have tons of mods using .2da files... This would cut the time necessary to make mods compatible with each other by 10 (more or less :D ).

PLEASE! :D

I'm not above begging, pleading...or public embarrasement (moreso than usual) if you could make this feature available ;)

I've gotten a few requests over time for the ability to copy and paste a row between two different 2DA files, and I have gotten it working where you can do that, plus paste a row from MS Excel in as well. (Excel sends you a MemoryStream (!) instead of a string, even though the clipboard indicates "Csv" as the data format. Different, eh?)

Uh I feel this is necessary to say this way.

Hell YES!! This would be useful. :D

Forgive me Darth333 but I had to express this for all of us.

That would be fan-tas-tic!

Very useful indeed...

By the way, Fred, whenever you get around to making that appearance head wizard, send me a PM, I'm pretty sure I could do quite a bit of the work for you. ^^

Originally posted by Shimaon

That would be fan-tas-tic!

Very useful indeed...

By the way, Fred, whenever you get around to making that appearance head wizard, send me a PM, I'm pretty sure I could do quite a bit of the work for you. ^^

I have more than a bit of it going, but I've been so busy bug-stomping... :)

Perhaps now we can resume the design. What I need iswhat we call at work, "business logic"; that is, the rules that the code has to follow to automate an otherwise manual process. As I am not a domain expert when it comes to appearance heads, I'll need a lot of help with those rules. If you want to outline a process, email it to me and I'll see about jump starting the wizard.

Originally posted by envida

Now that you have put it out there for people know its possible to do this, there is no way back but to implement it :D

I do have the single row copy/paste working, it's the multi-row version that needs some thought-time. There are some cases, like people pasting 4 rows starting 2 rows from the end, that need special treatment to deliver the best user experience.

Originally posted by Hive

I was fiddling around a bit with the module editor, and was wondering whether it would be possible to use a custom made Gmax environment as a module in KotOR?

Unfortunately, we cannot create all of the data structures needed to implement entirely new levels at this point. We're limited to working with the ones in the game. If you have a particular "map" that you'd like to work with that isn't already supported, just ask.

I do have the single row copy/paste working, it's the multi-row version that needs some thought-time. There are some cases, like people pasting 4 rows starting 2 rows from the end, that need special treatment to deliver the best user experience.

Is it possible to convert 2da to its ascii v2.0 form and then back to v2.b?

I mean copy-pasting should be much easier in Notepad.

Unfortunately, we cannot create all of the data structures needed to implement entirely new levels at this point. We're limited to working with the ones in the game. If you have a particular "map" that you'd like to work with that isn't already supported, just ask.

Hmm... I don't suppose the old NWN module editor could help give us some clues how to do a similar editor for KotOR?

Also, does your module editor work for KotOR II? If so, I'd love to be able to edit the Telos map...

Hmm... I don't suppose the old NWN module editor could help give us some clues how to do a similar editor for KotOR?

Also, does your module editor work for KotOR II? If so, I'd love to be able to edit the Telos map...

As with the models, the other structures are likely as different. Also, there doesn't seem to be nearly as much interest in module making as there is in coming up with the umpteenth robe/lightsaber/etc. :) so not much headway has been made.

As with the models, the other structures are likely as different. Also, there doesn't seem to be nearly as much interest in module making as there is in coming up with the umpteenth robe/lightsaber/etc. :) so not much headway has been made.

Ahh, but Fred the Padawan's must first learn to crawl before they walk. The ability to make custom lightsabers is a way of honing the skills required to craft custom map models eventually.:p That and the fact that we are still limited on what we can do for crafting area models to only really being able to retexture the maps. I'm sure once you and Chuck get together and break more of the hidden formats people will be all over that bandwagon as well.:cool:

I have just come over a problem not sure if its on my part or the program.

When I edit character files (utc) and change the portrait property and save it, it wont hold the changes? When I open the utc file again it has the old portrait? I tried changing it again a saving but when I open the utc file again it has the old portrait again?

Any ideas as to why. Am I doing something wrong?

Originally posted by envida

I have just come over a problem not sure if its on my part or the program.

When I edit character files (utc) and change the portrait property and save it, it wont hold the changes? When I open the utc file again it has the old portrait? I tried changing it again a saving but when I open the utc file again it has the old portrait again?

Any ideas as to why. Am I doing something wrong?

This has been a bug/glitch in some of the older versions of kotor tool since Fred updated it to TSL. This has been one of many glitches Fred is aware of and is working on.

A matter of difference in tastes, I guess. I would personally much rather have new modules/planets than a bunch of sabers and robes from the movies, but eh... maybe that's just me.

I don't suppose you could use MDLops to first convert a K2 module into the K1 format, then edit it in your module editor, and convert it back?

A matter of difference in tastes, I guess. I would personally much rather have new modules/planets than a bunch of sabers and robes from the movies, but eh... maybe that's just me.

I don't suppose you could use MDLops to first convert a K2 module into the K1 format, then edit it in your module editor, and convert it back?

It's the same with me; as I've said in the past, I think what folks have done in those areas is quite amazing, just not for me.

A module consists of more that just the .mdl and .mdx files; there are also these files that determine the "walkmesh" for it. These indicate where you can and cannot walk, and no one has yet figured out the format.

As for TSL maps, we should be able to work with them just as for KotOR, I just haven't had the time to experiment, given the number of updates Kotor Tool needed just to perform the other functions most people depend on.

Archived