Home

Final Staes of TC: Permission from the People Never Seen

Night4554

As a few of you know, I'm contacting authors regarding a TC called Knights of the Force . There's been quite a bit of hype about it, and it's been quite a bit of work for the past several months about it. I'm finally in the home stretch.

I've gotten permission to use approximatly 75 Models/Maps/Skins/Mods.

At this stage I'm trying to get permission regarding the final two dozen or so items. I was hoping you would be able to help me.

Models/Skins

Maps

Mods

What am I asking for from you? Well Any one of the following would be killer!

• You are one of these people! Contact Me!
  • You know how to contact one of these People! Post or Contact Me!
  • You know one of these people wouldn't mind having their item used in the TC. Contact Me!
  • You as a community can agree that these items could be used in a TC where full credit is given without explicit permission from the author due to the fact that they're AWOL

Darth Maul - Adam "Cheshire" Lee (tried his @attbi.com email)

I think real life has gotten the better of him. I know that he had a busy time as it is with his full time job, wife and kids. This was more or less a hobby for him. the last time I spoke with him was around september of 2002, and the last thing I've seen him post was about 6 months after that.

I don't think he would have had any problem with you using his work, just be sure to use it as is, and not make modifications/changes out of respect.

Yeah, I'm still around. Been doing things for other games(some paying, most not). It's kinda sad though, that most of the people I've worked with (Toonses, Arco, Cheshire, Kinja) Have pretty much all dissappeared. :(

I stick around to see if somebody will ever get my Samus and Plo Koon finished. That, and the occaisonal tidyying up on the few forums I mod on here. Especially the mapping forum, sinc you know I'm the mr. Know-it-all when it comes to mapping...

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks guys, you've let me check off many people. I'm reposting who I have left

Models/Skins

Maps

Mods

I'm hoping at this point that you're an old friend of one of these authors, or worked with them and can tell me that they won't mind it being in the TC so I can move forward and get this hosted finally.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Tom,

Don't forget to check the Readme files on all the wanted items, as some may already give permission in the readmes for their re-use, so long as certain criteria are adhered to (no x-rated mods, due credit etc).

JP

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

about the Battledroid model, I'd suggest using the version made by Prophet. I think it's the best modeled version out there and it has the most skin options as well. You might have more luck contacting that guy as well.

a quote from the readme file:

You may distribute this model file, provided this readme and the zbattledroid.pk3 file remain intact. Whenever possible I\'d like to be notified if you\'re distributing this, but I don\'t mind. It may not be edited in any way or used for any purpose other than a user-made modification for Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast without asking me first. I have skin maps available to anyone who wishes to skin it.

http://www.jk2files.com/file.info?ID=4786

• 1 year later...
  • 11 months later...

Archived