Home

My VERY FIRST skin! (well, reskin) Woohoo!

I think the human female skins are kinda dull\boring, so I made this skin (my VERY FIRST one) for my own use and for some female regulars on my servers, but I decided to share it with the public in case people might want to see what we look like to ourselves.

Inspired by the television program Extreme Makeover, where average people have thousands of dollars worth of aesthetic (plastic) surgery, dental work, professional hair and makeup styling, and a new wardrobe, I gave Tavion an "Extreme Makeover": laser tattoo removal, hair and makeup styling, and some wardrobe "adjustments":

collage_sitting_redblue_640.jpg

Notice that her feathers, eyeshadow, and nail polish are team-color-coordinated!

shot0028_800.jpg

shot0023_800.jpg

shot0038_800.jpg

shot0117_800.jpg

shot0149_800.jpg

Programs Used:

MGI PhotoSuite 4 (got it free after rebate a few years ago

ModView Version 2.5 (from the free JA SDK)

WinZip 8.1 (free Evaluation Version)

A lot of that was from my messing around with the gamma and color saturation of the screenshots after they were taken. Many of the screenshots are recorded much darker than they appear on my screen, so when I brightened them it washed out the color. I tried to compensate but overdid it on a few of them.

Thanks for the encouragement, but that's the only skin I really wanted to do. I'll leave future ones to the experts:amidala:

Originally posted by Amidala from Chop Shop

Thanks for the encouragement, but that's the only skin I really wanted to do. I'll leave future ones to the experts:amidala:

Aww... Surely not! That is such a fine skin and you did miracles with Tavion. She looks far better in your shots than in the original game. Just look at Ragnos! Even he looks impressed by the three clones of your New Tavion posing in front of him :) . If that is your first skin (modification), you could achieve truly much if you kept going and doing more of them.

Originally posted by Autobot Traitor

wowzers. Looks like if she were to fight in that thing the strings would snap:D

Wishfull thinking, although it would work even better than Mind Trick for distracting weak-minded males:amidala:

Originally posted by Prime

Very nice!

Originally posted by Godzilla

Goodish all the way. (Is that a word? It is now.)

Thanks guys!:amidala:

Originally posted by lassev

Aww... Surely not! That is such a fine skin and you did miracles with Tavion. She looks far better in your shots than in the original game. Just look at Ragnos! Even he looks impressed by the three clones of your New Tavion posing in front of him :) . If that is your first skin (modification), you could achieve truly much if you kept going and doing more of them.

Well, you talked me into it!:amidala:

I think the next model in desperate need of an Extreme Makeover is the jedi_hf Human Female. This is what I was able to do on my first night messing around with it (I'll reskin the torso_c1 arms. I just wanted a quick preview of the concept):

wip2_800.jpg

I'll try to have blonde, brunette, auburn, blue, and red hair with both blue and green eyes. The new heads, torso, and legs will be available in the menu.

The hardest part will be getting all the skin tones consistent. I guess I will have to break down and install my Photoshop 5.5 that I have lying around and *groan* learn how to use it.

Any suggestions or tips for a beginner? Yes, this really will be only my second (re)skin.

Impressive! It's an early shot, granted, but still it's a very, very clear indication that you have a fine and clear vision and skills to achieve it. I think your new skin for the jedi_hf looks much more lively than the original one, and prettier...

The more I see these high quality works, the more I doubt I can ever modify or produce the female skin for my own SP project myself...

You seem to like putting the characters in bikinis...not so sure I like that in conjunction with the elderly-looking woman you've done there. :p Kick the gray hair.

You have done an incredible job with the face...compared to yours, the default one looks like she took one too many baths in Olive Drab paint.

Originally posted by wedge2211

You seem to like putting the characters in bikinis...not so sure I like that in conjunction with the elderly-looking woman you've done there. :p Kick the gray hair.

You have done an incredible job with the face...compared to yours, the default one looks like she took one too many baths in Olive Drab paint.

LOL, you'll notice that her ear and front of her neck are gray too (I haven't "colorized" those areas yet)! I made that image a grayscale so I could color the flesh tones first and leave the hair a neutral light color. Then I can use that image as a template for all the different hair color variations.

That's not a bikini top, that's a belly shirt! I might dupicate the oval cutouts in the back of her shirt on the front though (if I can make it look "3-D"). The Zabrak and Twilek females get to show their legs and not the humans? Cmon, it's not like she will have cellulite or varicose veins. Hmmm, that reminds me, maybe Mon Mothma could use an Extreme Makeover.

Originally posted by GothiX

Didn't Raven use a shader file for that?

Yeah. A shader entry like this:

models/players/jedi_hf/hair_03_alpha
{
cull	twosided
   {
       map models/players/jedi_hf/hair_03_alpha
       blendFunc GL_SRC_ALPHA GL_ONE_MINUS_SRC_ALPHA
       rgbGen lightingDiffuse
   }
}

But I believe keshire is right: It might work in game, if the alpha is still OK.

Looks remarkable! It's like a totally new person.

Originally posted by Amidala from Chop Shop

...It's a .png file with a transparent edge, but it is not transparent in ModView.

In ModView, click: "View" and check: ...usung Alpha Blend.

or Press Ctrl - A.

That enables the alpha channel (transparency) in the PNG file.

And if you want to enable it in Jedi Academy you need to write a .shader file with an alpha command for the .png file(s) with alpha channels...

I'd post a tutorial, but it's almost 5am, and I haven't slept... =)

Originally posted by Antizac

In ModView, click: "View" and check: ...usung Alpha Blend.

or Press Ctrl - A.

That enables the alpha channel (transparency) in the PNG file.

And if you want to enable it in Jedi Academy you need to write a .shader file with an alpha command for the .png file(s) with alpha channels...

I'd post a tutorial, but it's almost 5am, and I haven't slept... =)

Thanks Antizac, that fixed it!

jedi_hf_blonde_hair_800.jpg

Please get some rest, then when you are refreshed, I'd really appreciate it if you could teach me (and others) about that shader file, because I don't know anything about writing one. Thanks!

I added a shader file that fixed the hair problem. Thanks for the suggestion!

shot0018_640.jpg

I had to go back to the default lips because I discovered the interface of the upper and lower lips on this model is extremely critical. If the interface isn't placed precisely and if it isn't the exact correct shape it caused pixel-stretching that made her lips look awful.

Archived