Home

14-year old invents a virtual world and kills himself

Sabretooth

why didnt he just kill himself? much easier.

Originally posted by BongoBob

idiot kid.

You have to admit that the "John" guy was smarter than the avarage egg-plant

that reminds me, where is Darth Eggplant? havent seen him around in ages.

Originally posted by Herminator_64

why didnt he just kill himself? much easier.

Some people like to do this kind of thing. Sounded like John liked to create fictional characters and events and was suicidal at the same time, might as well make it cool.

that's so freakin' sick I'm literally mentally disturbed. That "John" was a sick kid anyway. And let's just say I'm praying for "Mark" The whole situation is why my parents are so leary of the Internet. I understand that sentiment quite well now. NO, the MI5 agents were not real. They were more figments of John's imagination. But Mark was an idiot to think that all that was really happening to him. People in general are too stupid for the human race to survive a whole lot longer.

Astro - dude, you're nuts. Same to you, Prime. Just nuts.

I do hold a grudging respect for the suicidal t**t:

a) Think of the co-ordination all those aliases would require. You'd either have to be genuinely schizophrenic, or a fantastic organiser. Points to him if he was just organised. :thumbsup:

b) I couldn't pull that off, I get drunk too much and I'd get the characters confused :xp:

Apart from that, sounds like he deserved to die from a stab wound. It's just a shame about the poor kid who's technically got to take the blame...

Mind you, you'd think Mark would have realised that all his online buddies had the same IP address ;)

B.

If that had happened where I grew up (the middle of nowhere in Texas), his attempted suicide would have been blamed on 1) the music he listens to, 2) the computer games he plays and/or 3) roleplaying games. The (probable) lack of involvement by his parents would never be brought into question, especially if they went to church every Sunday.

don't worry.... in the UK it will be blamed on the internet. Just like everything else. Internet is evil btw :D

I think i saw a headline about this. I think it said that "john" was the first guy ever to be charged with conspiricay to murder himself. Although i don't get the point in charging him if he is dead.... maybe i misread it.:confused:

Originally posted by Jed

Supports my theory that as technology progresses, the youth of the world will become exponentially more stupid.

That's ****ed up. Really, REALLY ****ed up.

I'd chalk it up to mainstream society, which of course involves technological progression, before I would decide to just bait on one key factor.

It's sort of like the age old question, "Who do we blame for a high school shooting?"

Originally posted by Rad Blackrose

I'd chalk it up to mainstream society, which of course involves technological progression, before I would decide to just bait on one key factor.

It's sort of like the age old question, "Who do we blame for a high school shooting?"

well, we could blame guns. And that blame isn't that far off base. Or we could blame commercial selling of guns.

Originally posted by InsaneSith

well, we could blame guns. And that blame isn't that far off base. Or we could blame commercial selling of guns.

That's like blaming drunk driving fatalities on the commercial sale of alcohol, though, which just won't work (since you could use that same argument to say that there would be no drunk drivers if they were no automobiles offered for sale).

Originally posted by sabretooth

Listen, Kale, you shouldn't double-post. You can edit your current post by clicking the tiny little Edit button at the lower-right corner of each post. You can double-post only if your message has become too long...

I know how to edit posts so there was no need to be pedantic. Further, I was unaware that 'double-posting' is the term to use in this case (since traditionally it means accidentally posting the exact same message twice due to slow server response).

Regardless, I'll heed your 'command' in the future.

Archived