Home

The biggest wtf evar.....

Lightsaberboy

kids dangle on meathooks for fun

Meat hook dangling craze mystifies police

Sunday, July 18, 2004 Posted: 6:54 PM EDT (2254 GMT)

MIAMI, Florida (Reuters) -- Law enforcement officials in the Florida Keys are mystified by a bizarre new pastime -- young people dangling themselves from meat hooks on a popular sandbar.

A U.S. Coast Guard spokeswoman said on Sunday that the Monroe County sheriff's office and Coast Guard were called on July 12 to the sandbar off Whale Harbor in Islamorada where locals say wild behavior is becoming a tradition.

They found that five young people had erected a bamboo tripod and hung meat hooks from it. A young woman, her feet brushing the surface of the shallow water, dangled from the frame, hooks embedded firmly in her shoulders.

According to a Coast Guard video, she did not seem to mind the hooks.

Lt. Tom Brazil of the Coast Guard told the Key West Citizen newspaper that a young man, who also had hooks embedded in his heavily pierced and tattooed skin, assured him the group was "just enjoying the afternoon."

A Coast Guard spokeswoman in Miami said the group had clearly done this before and intended to post photos of themselves on a Web site dedicated to "body modification" -- the ritualistic piercing of the body.

"It looked like a daily routine for them," she said, adding that the hooks had been inserted in the skin in a professional manner and had drawn very little blood."

"As long as they weren't creating any kind of ruckus or riot within a crowd they really weren't breaking any laws."

The Coast Guard passed the video on to federal justice authorities but no further action will be taken

what would be so fun about hvaeing a piece of metal stuck up your back?? -_-

Originally posted by Leemu Taos

Um......yeah. >.> The first thing that comes to mind is that fun little scene in Texas Chainsaw Massacre. :S

Remember a movie called "A Man Called Horse" starring Richard Harris?

The kids are probably reading up on ancient native american traditions where young braves used to pierce themselves and dangle for periods of time to show bravery, or something to that effect (damn, where is Skinwalker when you need him!?). I'm not saying this is something I would do, i'm just saying that this thing has been done before....several hundred years ago. I say leave em be. Whatever, as long as nobody get's killed.

Originally posted by Darth Tepe

In Ripley's believe it or not, a couple got married on a beach, hanged by hooks. Believe it, the ceremony usually takes about an hour...

Nothing more to see here...

<_<

>_>

*Runs away*

That's just gross :barf:

Holy Matrimony!

Originally posted by sabretooth

Exactly. Kids thse days...

It could be worse--they could be smoking crack and committing armed robbery to support their habit. These kids are only harming themselves. Still a frickin' weird thing to do to yourself, though. :confused:

Sudden Flash of light... room fills with smoke.

Out of the smoke walks.... SkinWalker.

Someone called? :cool:

What the Groovster is referring to is the Sundance.

The Plains Indians still engage in this practice as a rite of renewal. I've had friends with piercing scars on their chests... never done it myself (or even been to the dance), but I *do* know it still occurs and it's more than just a stunt.

What these kids are doing may or may not be related to that... I have to check the link.

Here's a link to an article that might also offer some more information.

The last Crow ceremony I participated in was the Sweat, which I poured for a bunch of juvenile delinquents.... Never did the Sundance, though I've thought about it a couple of times.

Hook Suspension is not uncommon where i used to live. In fact it's all to common.

and incase some of you were curious. the first time you suspend from hooks, it is a bit painful. not OMFG IT HURTS! painful, more like, I need a damn pain pill kinda painful. the second time is less painful and for me the third time i hardly felt it at all.

Never noticed you were gone... but anyway, i've found an even bigger WTF: REALultimatepower.net. Owned by a total retard, that was to be revealed as the starwars kid, who is aggressive, disrespectful and extremely stupid. No really, check it out, see for yourself... (ET and Tfighter: Don't bother complaining, I'm starting a propaganda campaign against him.)

Originally posted by SkinWalker

Sudden Flash of light... room fills with smoke.

Out of the smoke walks.... SkinWalker.

Someone called? :cool:

What the Groovster is referring to is the Sundance.

The Plains Indians still engage in this practice as a rite of renewal. I've had friends with piercing scars on their chests... never done it myself (or even been to the dance), but I *do* know it still occurs and it's more than just a stunt.

What these kids are doing may or may not be related to that... I have to check the link.

Here's a link to an article that might also offer some more information.

The last Crow ceremony I participated in was the Sweat, which I poured for a bunch of juvenile delinquents.... Never did the Sundance, though I've thought about it a couple of times.

Thank you Skinwalker, you always deliver on cue. Plus, I did not know how to Google Search on this particular subject, because it is not a "fetish" related stunt, but an old Native American custom. Point I was getting across, is that this thing is not necessarily done for kicks, but part of an ancient tradition. Now these kids MAY be doing it for kicks, but chances are, they read it in a book, and are acting on it. It's not necessarily a "fetish", but a ritual. Now as Skinwalker says, and I have to agree, wether these "kids" are actually engaging in a ritual, or doing it for kicks remains to be seen. Point being, it is a very old ritual, from which people DO survive. Also, you don't see the local police sitting in front of the local tattoo/body peircing parlor waiting to pounce on anyone getting a "tounge split", or a "prince albert". My verdict, leave the kids alone. ;)

Originally posted by iceman87

Hook Suspension is not uncommon where i used to live. In fact it's all to common.

and incase some of you were curious. the first time you suspend from hooks, it is a bit painful. not OMFG IT HURTS! painful, more like, I need a damn pain pill kinda painful. the second time is less painful and for me the third time i hardly felt it at all.

Ok, am I the only one that caught this?

:confused:

Originally posted by Doomgiver

Never noticed you were gone... but anyway, i've found an even bigger WTF: REALultimatepower.net. Owned by a total retard, that was to be revealed as the starwars kid, who is aggressive, disrespectful and extremely stupid. No really, check it out, see for yourself... (ET and Tfighter: Don't bother complaining, I'm starting a propaganda campaign against him.)

God, shut up all ready. Frikken loser blabs on about a site that he thinks is supposed to be serious and actually thinks that it's the star wars kid just because he put that dumb old video on his site and claims its himself which it obviously isn't. Seriously, if I see a site that I don't like I don't go posting along every second about how much I hate it. You need a tall glass of stfu and drop the frikken subject.

I have spoken. :p

Archived