Home

Cantina 13: Rebellion

Deac

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

((Here we go, BD's back in the Jedi groove.))

*Flax approaches one of the entrances to the palace, a group of four Jedi in the uniform of Reletha's personnal Knights stand between him and the entrance.*

Jedi 1: You are the leader of the traitors, the Chancellor will reward us for your head.

Flax: The Chancellor is a Sith Lady, you must turn away before it is too late, or she will see you consumed.

*The Jedi smile.*

Jedi 2: We knwo what she is, she has shown us the true nature of the Force.

Flax: The dark side is a product of fear and hatred. It must be resisted in all its forms. You must turn back to the light, it is the only way you can be saved.

Jedi 1: Enough! Kill the swordmaster.

*The four Sith activate their red bladed light sabres and charge, two coming at Flax from the front, the others from the left and right.

Just as the Sith are about to reach him Flax rolls left, as he comes up his sabre slices the Sith to his left in two at the waist. Even as he rises he stabs, taking another Sith through the gut.

The two remaining Dark Jedi return to guard, now rather more wary.

Flax feints a latteral cut at one, only to drop his blade and cut up at the other, the Sith only just blocks and is left with burn across his chest. Flax deactivates his sabre, twists his wrists and reactivates, cutting the Sith's and off with a latteral cut from the left. The last Sith looks at Flax, then turns and flees.*

"Stormtroopers! There is a Jedi in the courtyard! Ugh."

*Flax sabre returns to his hand, he deactivates it and runs inside.*

Imperial Palace Throne Room

*Cracken easily dodges the chair, and ignights his lightfoil*

Cracken: Reletha Darkstarr, as Emperor of the Imperial State, I hearby place you under arrest, and sentence you to death for Treasonist Acts Against the Throne, Willlfully Breaking an Interstellar Treaty, and Undermining Imperial Law. For these acts, I Hearby sentence you to death, to be carried out immediatly. *Cracken gave a smile*

Goodby.... Darkstarr...

*Cracken launched himself across the space, and swings at Reletha...*

*Just as Cracken attacks Jammes enters from the west doorway.*

Jammes: Chancellor! The Emperor is.......... *He sees Cracken.*

DIE! SITH!

?????? ????: Not so fast, brother.

*Taklin Flax enters from the east doorway.*

Flax: She is a Sith, you know this but you have allowed your anger to blind you.

Jammes: My anger is justified, you allowed her to die.

Flax: Anger is never justified. Sophae was more powerful than either of us. She was killed by the monster that even now is on his way here, another Sith.

Jammes: Maybe Reletha is of the dark side, but you have allied yourself with a Sith willingly!

Flax: Willingly? Do you remember nothing of what we were taught. We did what was neccesary to save the Republic. I have no desire to kill you and we will have need of warriors in the coming days.

Let go of your anger, release your hate.

Jammes: Spoken like a true Jedi. *He draws himslef up.* I will not submit to you, I submit to the Council.

Flax: Very well, might I suggest you speak to the Jedi who follow you.

Jammes: Do not presume to tell my duty, farmer.

*Cracken and Reletha's sabers lock briefly, he takes astep back, then again swings with his lightfoil, trying to quickly disarm Reletha*

Cracken: Tsk, tsk, You forget Relentha, Family and apprentice line are stronger than want to be dictators, my Apprentice and daughter had rights before you!

*Reletha parries his attack, and tries to retaliate in kind, Cracken easily parries, and trips her in the process*

Cracken: As for treason, well, this war is evident of that, not to mention breakin and interstellar treaty.

*He relaxed, and sighed*

Cracken: Do you wish I go over EVERY charge in detail, or should I just kill you now, hmm?

Reletha: I know I won't live this day...but what about you? You wouldn't be here unless something was bothering you...and you don't want to steal Deac Starkiller's vendetta from him.

*Reletha moves for one final attack*

Reletha: But no...this is to be the end...I see it...

*Reletha drops her lightsaber, goes into force speed, and runs toward the window, screaming. She breaks through and falls to the plaza below*

---------------------------------

*Deac hears a scream, and looks up, to see Reletha's body falling and smash into the ground*

Deac: Looks like Cracken got to you first. B*stard. Well, Orthos, if you can hear me, it's done. No more Darkstars.

*Ten dark Jedi burst in, just in time to see Reletha fly through the window. The see Cracken with his lightfoil lit and stand agape.

In the confusion Flax slips outside, his comlink beeps.*

Flax: Yes, this is General Flax.

Sellenna: Tak, you know the widespread destruction around the palace?

Flax: Yes?

Sellenna: Well we've had some surrenders and we just found out what did it.

Flax: I'm not going to like this, am I?

Sellenna: SSD

Flax: They used orbital bombardment?

Sellenna: No, they crashed an SSD into the shield then detonated it above the planet, current civilian casualty rates are in the hundreds of thousands, and rising.

Flax: Ok, I'm headed towards the temple, can you gather all the Jedi there?

Sellenna: All of them

Flax: Yes.

*Flax leaves at a dead run for the temple.*

Outside the Imperial Palace

F. Irvine: <Malice, I want you to bring all your power to bear on Coruscant's surface. Do not cloak its extent this time. I want to ensure that Lord Cracken senses this. Every---->

*He breaks off, seeing Reletha plummeting towards the ground, and swears*

F. Irvine: I warned them...I was to kill Chancellor Darkstar! *switching back to telepathic communication* <Malice, do it now.>

*F. Irvine crouches, then leaps off the building towards the palace*

----------

Imperial Palace

*Starr and RH Irvine [and Alysara?] burst into the Imperial Throne Room*

Starr: Master! Have you defeated Reletha already?

RH Irvine: Father, my clone...do you feel him? He's heading here...

SSD Lucifer

Malice: As you wish..

*Malice concentrates and a beam of energy fires from her, focusing on Imperial City on the planet below.*

-----------------------------

Lucifer, Bridge

Comm: Sir! Massive energy beam coming from the cargo bay directed at the planet's surface.

Tech: Sir! Admiral Tojo wants to know what's going on

Stormbaltz: Shut down life support in the cargo bays! Have a squad of Darktroopers assemble-

General: Sir, they're all on the surface.

Stormbaltz: Very well, I'll deal with this myself.

*Stormbaltz heads to the cargo bay, remembering he stashed his sword in the outside cargo hatch*

SSD Executor

Admiral, we're getting a large energy spike from the Lucifer... It's headed to the planet!

Tojo: What? Get me Stormbaltz on the comm, NOW.

Aye sir!

*The tech worked furiously, then turned to Tojo*

They say Stormbaltz is taking care of it personally.

Tojo: Let hem know should anything happen to the Imperial Family, they will be destroyed.

The Imperial Palace

*Cracken looked at the ceiling, frowned. Alysara glanced at Starr, worried, and then moved to her father*

Alysara: What's wrong?

Cracken: Get down.

*He turned sharply*

Cracken: (shouting) Everyone get down, NOW.

*Cracken tapped deep into his new powers, praying that he wouldn't over extent himself, and did something against Sith nature entirely.

Protecting others.

Light poured from his eyes, and his mouth, as he let loose a might roar, and from his body, he projected a shield. It's white energy Expanded, passing through the Palace walls, through the walls of the skyscrapers surrounding the palace, covering Imperial and Rebel Troops. The beam of energy shrieked down on the planet, hitting the shield, fighting to break through.

Cracken raised his hands over his head, as he did, the shield turned upward, holding back the energy like water going into a glass. The cups closed, containing the energy withing, and the bubble of destruction went flying away from the star system, only to explode lightyears away...

When the light faded, Cracken was on his knees, gasping for breath, trying to recover for the fight ahead...*

Coruscant, Surface

*Deac sees the huge blast of energy*

Deac: What the hell was that...any casualites?

Officer: None sir.

*Deac gets on the comm*

Deac: Squad two, report.

Comm: We're getting slaughtered back here sir! Can you give us some cover.

Deac: We're on our way. MOVE OUT!

----------------------------------

Lucifer

Malice: Anything futher, master?

*The door opens, and Stormbaltz enters, Jar Kai duelling sword in hand*

Stormbaltz: I think it's time I cleaned this all out.

Malice: Sorry My Lord. Time's up for me.

*Stormbaltz deactivates the power generator, then cuts Malice from her cylinder, hacks off all the tubes connected to her body*

Malice: You're letting me live? Why?

*Stormbaltz doesn't answer at first*

Stormbaltz: If anything of Syrnl Darkstar exists in you you'll know why.

((Everyone prepare your cliffhangers [except Cracken, because I'm taking care of his, unless he want to do a space battle thing ;)] because I'm cliffhangering it next post. :)))

Lucifer

*F. Irvine's voice echoes in Stormbaltz' head*

F. Irvine: <You fool, what do you think you're doing? I could kill you with a thought. Yet I choose not to, because you do not understand what you are doing. However, harm Malice or any of her charges and I won't hesitate. Very soon you'll know where your loyalty should lie...>

*The thought connection breaks off*

----------

Imperial Palace

*The earth and air shiver. F. Irvine's power seems to expand and fill the atmosphere. Spiderlike cracks run along the walls, fragmenting paint and decorating transparisteel windows with webs of tiny fracture lines.

Starr looks at his hand. Somehow the colors of his flesh seem to erratically flow together and return to normal*

----------

Coruscant Underlevels, Renovated Living Structure

*Duncan retreats into an adjoining room and vanishes, deflecting projectiles. Raschel, being closest, follows him. As soon as she enters the room, a large set of spikes stab down, nearly impaling her before she jerks back*

----------

Coruscant Underlevels, Upper Room

*Slythe advances cautiously towards the murky tank*

Slythe: Target located.

*Cracken rises, slowly, looking about the Dark Jedi now sworn to his servitude, an unexpected turn of events, but his Imperial Guard just didn't seem to be adequite in these troubled times.

And he know the storm was coming...*

Cracken: Take Alysara, Starr, and Irvine, get them off the planet and to the Executor.

*He reahed for his comlink*

Cracken: Tojo, I think the Rebels can handle everything from here, recall all ground forces and pack up. As soon as Starr, Alysara and Irvine are on board the Executor, order the fleet to leave the System. Alysara will be in charge in my abscence.

*Tojo tried to say something, but Cracken threw the comlink against te ground, shattering it. ALysara walked up to her father, and hugged him. a small tear could be seen running down her face*

Alysara: Come home alive.

Cracken: I will try. *Cracken motions for them to leave* Now, get the hell off the planet!

*Alysara nodded, and motioned for the others to follow.

Cracken turned to the window, amongst the swirling turbulent energies F. Irvine was putting out, Cracken stood firm, his eyes narrowed, and seemingly un effected by F. Irvine.*

Come you little B@sterd. It's time to end these stupid science fair reject projects once and for all...

Space

*The Indepencance II hangs in the starlit void. On the bridge the crew are working at what might be considerd a calm rush. The Space side battle was all but concluded, most of the Seperatist ships were destroyed, disabled or the had surrendered. The Ground battle continued but without effective fighter oppostion the Coalition had attained effective Air Superiority and the infantry were advancing steadily.

Suddenly a light lit up on the communication officer's consel.*

Comm: Admiral, we have a message from the surface!

Ackbar: Activate the main viewsceen.

*The image of a man in the rather rumpled uniform of a full Fleet Admiral appeares on the viewscreen, he wears the badge of the Coruscant Defence Fleet.*

*He pauses and clears his throught.*

Admiral: Admiral Ackbar, I am Admiral Garan, Commander of the Coruscant Defence Fleet. Chancellor Relatha is dead, her body has been found. On behalf of the New Republic..... I surrender unconditionally. *He sags in defeat, then raises his head.* I cannot speak for the Jedi and I have been unable to contact Master Windrider but the military is at your mercy.

Ackbar: Your surrender is accepted Admiral. *Ackbar signals to the comm officer.* Order our ships to cease firing and recall our bombers. Tell out fighters to remain on patrol. *He turns back to the Admiral.* We have ceased our attack, Admiral. Our forces will not open fire unless they are fired apon.

Garan: Thank you Admiral, I have already ordered my forces to cease fire, by now the order will have reached my front line units.

Some time later

*The fighting is finished, the remaining Jedi, from both sides, stand at the entrance to the Jedi Temple, only a very few are absent. A list is being made of the Jedi present and those known to be elseware or dead.

*Flax reaches Luke Skywalker and nods.*

Flax: Luke, have you heard?

Luke: Cracken used a Super Star Destroyer to bring down the shields then detoned it in the upper atmosphere. I didn't think he was capable of something like this.

Flax: We were wrong, Luke. He's just as black as his father ever was.

Luke: What are you suggesting, Takilin? Breaking the Treaty.

Flax: Perhaps, I don't see how we can remain allied with someone who's willing to use a Super-Destroyer like that.

*Kam Solusar approaches.*

Kam: The Council is ready.

Luke: Then lets not waste any more time.

*The Three Jedi walk into the Temple, in the anti-hall eight seats have been set up. The remaining five Jedi of the Council are alreay seated.*

*Flax, Luke and Kam sit.*

Luke: Cracken and what we now know to be the clone of his son continue to fight at the Palace.

Kyp: Then that's where we should be, fighting.

Corran: Either one of those "beings" could squash the lot of us like a flit-nat.

Flax: That said we can't just sit here, what about when Cracken finishes with the demon? We can't just let him get away with what we did.

((How about now?))

NRI

*Deac charges back in, his second squad behind him, to see three dark jedi among the bodies of his troops*

Deac: Sith! Fall back to the imperial palace! I'll deal with them!

*Whilst his troops duck for cover and begin falling back, Deac moves toward the three sith*

Sith#1: Deac Starkiller.

Sith#2: Test tube jedi.

Sith#3: More machine than man.

Deac: I'll have you know I'm only 40% cybernetic.

*He begins duelling. Sith#3 is only an apprentice and goes down quickly. Deac takes his saber and begins using both*

-----------------------------------------

SSD Lucifer

*Stormbaltz drops to his feet as F.Irvine's voice echoes in his head. He rises slowly when it stops*

Stormbaltz: I hope Cracken guts you like a fish.

((Deac, shouldn't some *cough, cough* certain people be at the NRI? :)))

Coruscant Underlevels

Aren: *to Kioet, via suit comm* You're closing in on the Blades' location. Status?

----------

Coruscant Underlevels, Renovated Living Structure

*Raschel slices through the spike trap with her lightsword and kicks it in. Inside the room, Duncan has vanished*

----------

Coruscant Underlevels, Upper Room

*As the Blades approach the tank, with a rushing the faintly glowing liquid begins draining from its interior*

Nereli: Ready yourselves...

*The Blades raise their various implements*

----------

((OOS: Cracken, if you want Alysara gone, and BD, if you want the Dark Jedi gone, post and I'll edit. But Irvine and Starr are staying ;)

edit: edited ;)))

Imperial Palace, Throne Room

*Alysara and the Dark Jedi leave the room. Irvine hesitates, and Starr pauses before him. Before the two can leave, the doors of the room slam shut in their faces. Only one stays open.

Fused Irvine stands in the remaining doorway. His hair is black, rather than white, and the irises of his eyes are a subtly flickering yellow. He holds his lightsword at his waist.

Fused Irvine steps forward. A spiderwebs of tiny cracks appears on the floor where his foot lands. He looks at the upended Emperor's throne for a moment and then returns his gaze to Cracken.

The red-haired Irvine stares in a kind of shock at his clone. He opens his mouth to speak, but no words come out. The turbulent energies of his presence fill the room. To Starr, observing, Cracken's presence in the Force almost seems to shrink in contrast to the invisible storm battering the room, the storm in the Force that Fused Irvine had carried in with him. The power was ridiculous, beyond what Starr had imagined.

Fused Irvine stops in front of Cracken, lightsword held horizontal at his waist. For an instant, Starr feels a twinge of fear.

Then Fused Irvine kneels. At Cracken's feet, he bows.*

F. Irvine: Like you, Lord Cracken Palpatine, I have surpassed my father. I deserve the station that my blood, if not my birth, should grant to me. I am your rightful son, and my allegiance is to you!

Archived