Home

Imperial Walkers On The North Ridge

{xg}darthVADER

I like the look. The hangar cieling still looks a little bare (I just watched ESB, too, and I can't remember whether there was stuff on the cieling or it just faded into blackness). Also, the corridors could use a tiny bit more detail on the walls and cieling--little control panels and stuff, more pipes, wires, whatever. Add that and I'll think this map is on its way to greatness.

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

{xg}darthVADER and I did a beta test yesterday, and it went well. The only problems were that the turrets shot everyone, and the ground disappeared when flying a Snow Speeder. Those errors will be fixed. Along, with some very minor ones. The map is freakin' large. The AT-AT's need to be fixed...the sounds are too quiet, the view is freakin' far away, and the lasers are barely visible. I can fix this, yet {xg}darthVADER shall be using KBell's new AT-AT, which will rock as much as Duncan_10158's. I could make the effects, sounds, etc., better for this map, too, if wanted.

The architecture is awesome as well. I am an awesome pilot in JA, yet I crashed so much, as I am not used to flying in JA, as I have been playing too much SWBF.

{xg}darthVADER made a sweet enormous hangar for the Rebel Gallofree Transports (being made by Hatrus).

Overall, this map roxxors!!

Heh, back to school now...(I'm in lunch).

:fett:

• 2 weeks later...

hell this is huge!

I just ask myself how long will it take you to get from the spawn right into the battle?

And how will you prevent everyone from using aircraft instead of infantry cause they are simply lazy and don't want to walk.

Other than that:

awesome :p

The hangar reminds me of Shadows of the Empire... except this one here has got way more detail, you can leave the hangar through the gate and there's not just snowspeeders all around.

Will resume playing siege for this one :D

You still need to do something with the patches over the trenches. Snow doesn't do that. A smooth curve from the trench up to ground level, without the wierd bulbous thing, would look much better and more natural.

Also keep in mind that the snowfield in front of the Rebel base was far from deserted during the battle--they had all sorts of field equipment and weaponry out there.

the version you have still ahd the larger hanger i belive.

i kinda made it a little bit harder to get out of the hanger with the new size of the hanger.

but its still pretty easy for people who are good at flying

ive been considering adding a ship boundry so that you lift off and fly forward and automaticly turn the right way and fly out of the hanger but i want people who have some skill to play this map aswel and they might enjoy the latter more.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, as to the trailer...Jerk-O-Vision "spectator" cinemtography and you love shots of walkers sitting in one spot shooting way too much. On the other hand, I liked seeing how the Raven-made AT-ST's footsteps don't sync with its motion while the modded AT-AT's do. :)

For the map--I still think the snowfield is empty, but that doesn't look so bad with the giant vehicles running around in it. The puffy things on the trench lips are still really really strange looking, and there were some wierd patch sparklies in that arched tunnel in the snow--little things that could really be improved easily. After watching ESB, there's also a lot of extra "stuff" on the hangar floor--and I hope there's more to this map than just the snowfield and the hangar!

Definitely some kudos for the falling walkway and landing shuttle--interactivity is a BIG plus.

This just needs a little more polishing.

Originally posted by wedge2211

Well, as to the trailer...Jerk-O-Vision "spectator" cinemtography and you love shots of walkers sitting in one spot shooting way too much. On the other hand, I liked seeing how the Raven-made AT-ST's footsteps don't sync with its motion while the modded AT-AT's do. :)

For the map--I still think the snowfield is empty, but that doesn't look so bad with the giant vehicles running around in it. The puffy things on the trench lips are still really really strange looking, and there were some wierd patch sparklies in that arched tunnel in the snow--little things that could really be improved easily. After watching ESB, there's also a lot of extra "stuff" on the hangar floor--and I hope there's more to this map than just the snowfield and the hangar!

Definitely some kudos for the falling walkway and landing shuttle--interactivity is a BIG plus.

This just needs a little more polishing.

I concur

Archived