Home

How'd ya make up yer name?

Doomie

Believe it or not, I discovered my name by accident in 1993, after a long drinking binge with some buddies. We were at that age, where we could turn any activity into a drinking celebration. One weekend was "Trilogy" weekend. We rented the Star Wars Trilogy, and the Evil Dead Trilogy.

My favorite character in the Star Wars Trilogy always was Darth Vader, and my favorite line in The Evil Dead Trilogy is when Ash first mounts a chainsaw where his hand was seveverd, looks up, raises and eyebrow and says "Groovy!" At that point we were too drunk to remember which trilogy we were watching, and the name Darth Groovy stuck.

Assorted freinds and realatives have been calling me that for years. Once I can afford too, I may legally change my name to Darth Groovy. :)

Hence once he can afford to. :D

As for my name, it comes from story characters. I've been making them up since I was 12 or so, and the first character I made up had the nickname "Redwing". In the story for this character that I developed later, I made the character a pilot.

So, when my brother bought the game Rogue Squadron and I played it, I decided to use the name "Redwing" for my profile. When I happened upon the Rogue Squadron forums, I registered under that nickname, and of course kept it when the RS forums were merged into Lucasforums. ^_^

My name has a long and colourful history behind it. It took a great deal of time and thought to decide upon it back in the year 2001, involving much research and such to find the most appropriate word to portray my character and personality as an individual..

I took the word "Freak" and changed the spelling.

Originally posted by Redwing

Hence once he can afford to. :D

Hey man, name changes are very costly. My Ex GF is going through the process of changing her name, and it's costing her alot.

Seriously though, out of respect to my family, I wouldn't change my name, though I always tease my parents that I will. The other name I tease them with is that I will legally change my name to my old band stage name which was "Taro". :D

Archived