Home

My Friend's First Amendment Rights Were Violated.

Kurgan

Originally posted by Darth Groovy

The thing you have to remember, and I cannot STRESS this enough, is that High School is only one small episode in your expanded life. Once you graduate, and enter the real world, the **** that bothered you so much in High School, becomes that which it is...pure ****. Eventually you can look back at High School and laugh, because the **** that High School preps you to beleive that is so damn important, becomes pure nonsense. Knowing what I know now, I would not have taken High School quite so seriously.

Seriously though, long before the Columbine incident, I had very vivid dreams of killing my classmates and teachers with a Vicker's Machine gun in vivid detail, but that was Junior High. I did not act on it, and since Junior High was so terrible for me, High School became a breeze.

The problem that parents and socialites never see, is that even the teachers who are exposed to clicks and popularity phases surrounding the High School, become as big a part of all of it, as the students themselves.

What SHOULD keep you going Kain, is "what will happen AFTER High School. This is where you really reap the benefits. You watch "Jocks" become trash collectors, you watch "snotty girls" become "single mothers" and you see how the real world makes High School look like the mound of pure **** that it really is.

Trust me on this one, I graduated in '92, and saw first hand what became of all my classmates. Once you graduate, the clicks are gone....meaningless, and real life sets in. I saw the Prom Queen who went to Anapolis (High Profile Naval Academy) and wash out, only to wind up working at Champ's Sporting Goods at the local Mall. :p

My only advice to all those in this thread that are still in High School, is to join in some clubs that interest you, and make the most of it, because eventually, you will miss the "simplicity" of life in High School! This is once chance you have at life to make freinds that you will have forever! The more friends and support you have, the better off you are!

Summary: it's all a big joke, laugh it all off in private, play the game, and you will be FINE! ;)

Whatever Groovy! My school pretty much lets me do whatever I want within reason if I finish my school for the day. Since I can do that in >3 hours, it's very nice indeed... :cool:

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Darth Groovy

What SHOULD keep you going Kain, is "what will happen AFTER High School. This is where you really reap the benefits. You watch "Jocks" become trash collectors, you watch "snotty girls" become "single mothers" and you see how the real world makes High School look like the mound of pure **** that it really is.

HAHA! Yeah what he said. I can't think of very many things I find funnier than checking the DOC website or local gossip rag (newspaper) and seeing that one of the spoiled, football/rasslin'-all star assholes, who drove his brand new car/truck to school, got all the "hot chicks", and generally thought he was King **** 10-15 years ago, has gotten himself landed in the pokey for 10-15 years from now for running a meth lab or some other crap. I bet Bubba on D-Block is really impressed with the letterman jacket, and all the signatures in your yearbook, asshat.

Originally posted by CapNColostomy

HAHA! Yeah what he said. I can't think of very many things I find funnier than checking the DOC website or local gossip rag (newspaper) and seeing that one of the spoiled, football/rasslin'-all star assholes, who drove his brand new car/truck to school, got all the "hot chicks", and generally thought he was King **** 10-15 years ago, has gotten himself landed in the pokey for 10-15 years from now for running a meth lab or some other crap. I bet Bubba on D-Block is really impressed with the letterman jacket, and all the signatures in your yearbook, asshat.

XD

Holy **** that's funny. Your title suits you well Cap'.

@Grooves and Capn:

My thing isn't so much that I held high school in contempt, I just didn't like it how instead of treating us as STUDENTS, they treated us like INMATES.

I already laughed at the popular people: I knew way before they'll ever know that they're going to be the ones most likely to be found face down in a ditch, and I also know that the WORST students where going to be found face down and a ditch, so I gots me a chuckle any time I seen some guy with all the ladies. I couldn't help but think 'Man, he's gonna be dead in 20 years from STD's'. The jocks: 'Man, when they find out that college ain't no joke, steroids are gonna be there, and so is a 6'3" box of oak'. The gangstas: 'Shootout gone bad, 1 cop injured, all criminals apprehended or killed'.

They may be popular when they can impress or intimidate peers, but when reality hits they're the first to fall.

Its awesome to have wisdom...more importantly its awesome to have common sense; something lacking in most of the youth of America to day.

Originally posted by Kain

@Grooves and Capn:

I already laughed at the popular people: I knew way before they'll ever know that they're going to be the ones most likely to be found face down in a ditch, and I also know that the WORST students where going to be found face down and a ditch, so I gots me a chuckle any time I seen some guy with all the ladies. I couldn't help but think 'Man, he's gonna be dead in 20 years from STD's'. The jocks: 'Man, when they find out that college ain't no joke, steroids are gonna be there, and so is a 6'3" box of oak'. The gangstas: 'Shootout gone bad, 1 cop injured, all criminals apprehended or killed'.

I often find myself laughing at the goths because I know they're going to commit suicide by the age of 30 :o {End sarcasm}

Originally posted by KBell

I often find myself laughing at the goths because I know they're going to commit suicide by the age of 30 :o {End sarcasm}

Kbell, that time we pissed off Kain was alright, but this time you've gone too far. You're really going to have your head kicked in.

Seriously, he'll find where you live and kick your head in.:p

Originally posted by KBell

Really KBell? You think I'm going to commit suicide by 30? Well you know what I THINK?! I think your an over-assuming ******* who speaks from his ass because he has his head so far up his ass all he knows are stereotypes and what the media tells him. So basically: YOU ARE IGNORANT.

I feel the need to make you less ignorant now, so pay attention and read this word for word.

Gothic, as a lifestyle, is not the hating of life and feeling sorry for yourself because the world around is all the same: anyone who does that is nothing but a posuier who needs to get some common sense beaten into their thick skulls. The gothic style takes the things that seem miserable and depressing and finds a sense of beauty in them. In the gothic sense, the night isn't something to fear. Instead, the night casts a seductive spell on those willing to wander and explore. The morbid and the tragic can seem romantic, even sensual, for those brave enough to look into the eyes of the things they fear most. It embraces the decadence of the modern world and cherishes the strength it takes to do so. Squalid surrounds can drive the weaker man insane, but the crumbling ruins of a once-thriving town are somehow comforting in the gothic aesthetic. To look into the eyes of destitute is almost blissful because there is strength there, strength that the ordinary person doesn't have. The gothic ideal finds a fascination with the macabre and has an affinity for all things dark. Darkness means more than a simple lack of sunlight. It is the overriding attitude, especially in the gothic sense. Unlike the rest of society, those embracing the gothic style do not fear the dark side nor do they pretend that it doesn't exist, and they sure as hell don't hide from it. The gothic attitude is an acknowledgement and an acceptance of the darkness. It does not mean acting upon the urges that the dark side of human nature sometimes brings, but it does mean seeking out a better understanding of why the urges are there in the first place.

What may seem like a preoccupation with death is actually a celebration of life. It isn't about suicide or murder, but it is a realization that an appreciation of death gives an appreciation of life. Comfort is found in the icons or images of death. Graveyards and crosses provide a dark ambience to what could otherwise be a boring backdrop.

Really KBell? You think I'm going to commit suicide by 30? Well you know what I THINK?! I think your an over-assuming ******* who speaks from his ass because he has his head so far up his ass all he knows are stereotypes and what the media tells him. So basically: YOU ARE IGNORANT.

I feel the need to make you less ignorant now, so pay attention and read this word for word.

Gothic, as a lifestyle, is not the hating of life and feeling sorry for yourself because the world around is all the same: anyone who does that is nothing but a posuier who needs to get some common sense beaten into their thick skulls. The gothic style takes the things that seem miserable and depressing and finds a sense of beauty in them. In the gothic sense, the night isn't something to fear. Instead, the night casts a seductive spell on those willing to wander and explore. The morbid and the tragic can seem romantic, even sensual, for those brave enough to look into the eyes of the things they fear most. It embraces the decadence of the modern world and cherishes the strength it takes to do so. Squalid surrounds can drive the weaker man insane, but the crumbling ruins of a once-thriving town are somehow comforting in the gothic aesthetic. To look into the eyes of destitute is almost blissful because there is strength there, strength that the ordinary person doesn't have. The gothic ideal finds a fascination with the macabre and has an affinity for all things dark. Darkness means more than a simple lack of sunlight. It is the overriding attitude, especially in the gothic sense. Unlike the rest of society, those embracing the gothic style do not fear the dark side nor do they pretend that it doesn't exist, and they sure as hell don't hide from it. The gothic attitude is an acknowledgement and an acceptance of the darkness. It does not mean acting upon the urges that the dark side of human nature sometimes brings, but it does mean seeking out a better understanding of why the urges are there in the first place.

What may seem like a preoccupation with death is actually a celebration of life. It isn't about suicide or murder, but it is a realization that an appreciation of death gives an appreciation of life. Comfort is found in the icons or images of death. Graveyards and crosses provide a dark ambience to what could otherwise be a boring backdrop.

*claps*

I agree, KBell, you're allowed to have your own views, but stop being a stereotypic *******. I know you made itclear you were bein sarcastic, but that doesn't make it any better or take away the cruelness of it.

Kain, I agree with you in the Goth part, but you do seem a tad bit hypocritical in regards to this. You're calling Kbell ignorant and over-assuming, while you're doing the same to jocks and popular people. Tell me what's different between the two cases.

Originally posted by Tyrion

Kain, I agree with you in the Goth part, but you do seem a tad bit hypocritical in regards to this. You're calling Kbell ignorant and over-assuming, while you're doing the same to jocks and popular people. Tell me what's different between the two cases.

I actually thought about that after I posted it, but I didn't bother editing to make myself seem less hypocritical, and heres why:

In my town, you know who's bound for what. Its that easy. They do **** thats going to catch up to em some day, no matter who mommy and daddy are. Whore's ran rampant through through my school, while condoms did not, nor did the pill: pregnant bellies as far as the eye can see. Even the rich kids are doing more drugs than I have the patience to list and every party I've heard of that **** happening has been busted up by the police, yet they continued. Rich kids also having ****-fests every weekend and STD's running rampant(think I'm lying? Ask Selene). Our jocks(most of which were also 'gangstas) have been shot for doing petty things like talking crap to the wrong person, and those who haven't are already in the gutter or they married their sweetheart and are now miserable. But never, ever ever ever EVER once have I heard of any 'goth kid' commiting suicide, as the stereotype would dictate. The only 'pity goth kid'(y'know, the stereotypical ones) I've ever seen have been the ones that would be sad, depressed, and suicidal one day and happy-go-****ing-lucky the next.

So I'm not stereotyping and being hypocritical: I'm speaking from life-experience.

So I'm not stereotyping and being hypocritical: I'm speaking from life-experience.

And so, who says that Kbell isn't speaking from life-experience about Goths?

and STD's running rampant(think I'm lying? Ask Selene)

Wait...why would Selene know? :naughty:

Originally posted by Tyrion

And so, who says that Kbell isn't speaking from life-experience about Goths?

Good call, he just may be. Of course nobody called him out on it...

Wait...why would Selene know? :naughty:

We know one of the disease bags...

Originally posted by CapNColostomy

ROFLMFAO!!!!

:rofl:

:worship:

I dunno, my high school seems to be different than everyone else's.

If you're popular, you're also smart. If you do sports, you're smart.

You're basically smart at my school.

I love my school. Only thing I hate about it is it's a bit clicky, and blacks don't hang out with whites much.

<--- the asian guy that's cool with everyone.

I know, I'm stereotypical too. @_@

Originally posted by Mike Windu

Well, nobody wore short shirts at that middle school.

I come from ze South :)

What middle school was this? We didn't have to have our shirts tucked in at SMS.....

Dress code at my new school sucks... We can't wear shorts! That's about it though... :p

(Mike - Huston Sucks :p)

(J/K)

Originally posted by Lil Killa

What middle school was this? We didn't have to have our shirts tucked in at SMS.....

Dress code at my new school sucks... We can't wear shorts! That's about it though... :p

(Mike - Huston Sucks :p)

(J/K)

The shirt tucked in rule didn't happen till AFTER we graduated :)

BTW: Germantown sucks, it's spelled Houston, and your new school sucks :xp:

Archived