Home

The PS2 demo thread

ZinC°hda

Originally posted by Spyder777

is there like little boxes or something where u can restore health or ammo like in battlefield 1942 ???

They have droids at spawn points that you stand next to and get ammo, health, and granades. Dead soldiers also leave behind ammo, and pilots can drop ammo boxes also.

• Replies 606
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I been watching the starwars battlefront stuff on the previous opm and disc and bobby said that there were no ragdoll effects on charicters, however I saw someone shoot a droid and it blew up there by proving him wrong. Now I hope they didn't take that out to save memory just like th 'sniff' the spy and imperial officer. (can someone answer my Q on the last post page 5 plz?)

Originally posted by Wardog1368

I been watching the starwars battlefront stuff on the previous opm and disc and bobby said that there were no ragdoll effects on charicters, however I saw someone shoot a droid and it blew up there by proving him wrong. Now I hope they didn't take that out to save memory just like th 'sniff' the spy and imperial officer. (can someone answer my Q on the last post page 5 plz?)

That was a contradictory statement. If the droid blew up, how can it prove the there are ragdoll effects? And it was stated that what looked like ragdoll effects were actually animations.

Can some one plz answer my question? this is the fourth time I typed it

1. How long does it tka efor the enmy AI to find you if your hidden in the flora?

Also I'd like these answered

2. how fast can u fire the sniper gun?

3. can u see enemy snipers easily? on the radar?

Originally posted by yaebginn

I misspelled kashyyyk, so I edited my grammar with star wars words. some parts of naboo will be the sameas yavin. the field part, but the city part wont. Yavin seems alot like rhen var to me. cause they both got ruins, and the surrounding terrain is different, though. hoth is more like geonosis. watch the naboo vid on the official site, and u can see how it has fields and stuff.

I hate botherin you guys by wanderin off topic but I gotta settle this.

yaebginn, what I mean is the planets I compared have the same weather-y stuff. Tatooine and Geonosis are both deserts. Endor and Kashyyyk are both heavy forests. Yavin IV and Naboo are both light jungles.

See?

yaebginn, what I mean is the planets I compared have the same weather-y stuff. Tatooine and Geonosis are both deserts. Endor and Kashyyyk are both heavy forests. Yavin IV and Naboo are both light jungles

Can we say anal?:rolleyes:

LOL j\k!:)

I still stick with my thought: Star Wars fans are the most anal people on the face of this earth!:p

Theres still a little speculation that its Kashyyk (whatever I don't care how you spell it) none of the devs have come right out and said it, so don't say its confirmed. Because we just all agreed on altogether that it might be the planet.

Well the answer to this is_____ Well you can make up your own guess, I am not saying it is and I am not saying its not :)

Well Kashyyk is definately in the game and I can't think of any other episode 3 levels unless of course you count Tatooine :band:

Your answer to this is that the effect on the battledroids isn't a rag doll effect, the droids just blow to bits. All the human characters are as I said before hand animated.

bobby's helmet,

does the XBOX share PS2 textures or do they have their own build?

ie...XBOX is not a port of PS2 is it?......it seemed that clone wars--(which pandemic developed ) had a very ps2-ish look on the XBOX

thanks for your time !

Well this one is easy, We did the textures as large as possible so that they would easily port down, but we developed PS2 first. The thing with the XBOX is that we were able to add stuff like bump maps and specular maps and all sort of fancy effects to the levels to get them looking awesome.

ALL IN A WEEK TOO, thanks to Lucas's FANTASTIC scheduling :eek:

Yeah it said on some preview that 90% of the textures on x-box were straight from the ps2, by the time they tested it, so I think there's still some converting to do. Well I don't really care since I'll be playing the best version anyways ( PC version ;) ).

On the Rag doll effect, I believe what the person who asked the question ment was, that you could see people flying around from impact of a strong laser cannon etc. This is indeed true atleast one of the gameplay movies confirms this ( Republic trooper gets shot and falls down then gets up )

Bobbys Helmet, is it confirmed that the Galactic Conquest mode is for multiplayer aswell, I've seen many previews that say it is, but one also states that it's for consoles only. What's this about it would have been a perfect game mode for clans, which mostly play the PC version. There was rumour that this stuff could be implemented to PC with an expansion, buyable or downloadable?

:cool:

Originally posted by THE BADGER:

Can we say anal?:rolleyes:

LOL j\k!:)

I still stick with my thought: Star Wars fans are the most anal people on the face of this earth!:p

yes, yes we are. now to be even more anal and prove iwntevenbother wrong.

endor is a forest, not a jungle. flimed in california, and there arnet jungles there. weatherwise, it doesnt matter. it matters what you play on. and what u play on is very different the nwhat the sky looks like. try going down and playing among the tree bottoms on kashyyyk. ull fall.

Bobby,

Which version would you recommend for having the least amount of slowdown when numerous people and explosions are on screen? Ps2 or Xbox? I ask this because it has effectively ruined Socom 2 online due to horrible framerates when a lot of stuff is happening on screen.

thanks for your time!

Can some one please answer my question? this is the fifth time I typed it

1. How long does it tka efor the enmy AI to find you if your hidden in the flora?

Also, you guys are going off-topic, this is the demo thread, and I'm trying to be patient, but no one answering my questions is getting me pissed :mad:

Originally posted by PhireStorm

Can some one please answer my question? this is the fifth time I typed it

Also, you guys are going off-topic, this is the demo thread, and I'm trying to be patient, but no one answering my questions is getting me pissed :mad:

Although I don't have the demo, I'll try to answer the questions to the best of my abilities.

1. Depeneds, there really is no time for how long. They may spot you despite the camoflouge, and sometimes they may ignore you.

2. I don't know what type of answer your looking for but 1 sec in between shots sounds about right. This video has an Imperial Sniper who shoots twise.

3. Depeneds on the situation. It may be easy to spot an Imperial scout, but rebels may have a hard time being spotted. Also the level stracture may change this. The radar is also relative to how many people show up. If it was just 1 one 1 then it can be easy, if its alot people vs. alot of people there be too much chaos on the radar to know which one the sniper.

Bobby,

Which version would you recommend for having the least amount of slowdown when numerous people and explosions are on screen? Ps2 or Xbox? I ask this because it has effectively ruined Socom 2 online due to horrible framerates when a lot of stuff is happening on screen.

thanks for your time!

Well this one is easy, PC has the least slow down, followed by XBOX, then lastly its the poor old PS2.

Its been pretty good so far with frame rates on all platforms. the programmers have done a great job. :band:

Originally posted by THE BADGER:

Who is Bobby?

Bobby was one of the Lead Artists on Star Wars Battlefront.

the XBOX is a port from the ps2 in terms of grahpics?

You people need to read more. He mentioned that the X-box version has better graphics that the PS2. They did port the PS2 to the X-box but optimized it with such things as bump mapping.

And I'll restate my question, just in case.

I have a question, Bobby:

What can we expect with the system requirements? Can you compair it to any other game thats out on the market?

Wow, you guys post too fast!

Originally posted by Jaden Malip

bobby, I know this is random beyond belief but: Is it too late for my name to be put in the credits for some reason? It would just be so cool!

You'll live if you aren't in the credits. Besides, name one thing you did to help the devs in making this game?

Bobby is a guy who posted that he was one of the Lead Artists on Star Wars Battlefront.

proof please...until then...

Oh I see you edited out the liar part, but have more faith in this guy. Everything he said appears in check and accurate. He hasn't mentioned anything that would throw his name sake off. I know we shouldn't trust people on the internet, but what would the guy gain from lieing? Whatever, I trust his word.

his more of it depends from person to person question but, do you pay enough attention to the radar to notice that a rebel sniper is hiding in the bushes next to you? (or better yet) Are there so many dots you really can't tell where he is?( I know I'm reposting it but I think no one read it sense it was on the last post of page 5.) I really don't see how sniping could be fun if they see u on the radar unless their too cooped up in killing a guy not to notice u hiding in the bushed. Bobby plz explain how this could work out... thanks

concerning the "DEV"...

i knew a lot about the game before some people and even had people ask me if i was involved with it some how. i could could have said,"oh yeah i worked on it." and i've seen people pull that stuff before so if he is involved somehow tell us something we don't know.

Archived