Home

If you were George Lucas...

Furball

Im talking about things that *can* be done with a little CG and restoration of deleted scenes. Its silly just to say "I wish..... " and say how you want to get yoda to beat up a wampa etc

Ep I :

*Put the anakin greedo fight back in

*Edit Jar Jar out quite a bit, but not fully, and re-do his voice, which was by far the most annoying thing.

Ep II :

*some of those deleted scenes were nice.

*seeing the little side mission of ki-adi mundi etc that was deleted

EpIV :

*Alderaan, interaction with Bail Organa before it gets blown up

*Chancellor Palpatine abolishing the senate, thereby becoming emperor

Ep V :

*not much to add. Maybe except seeing the drop ships that land the AT ATs coming down

*wampa at echo base scene restored

*Seeing a bounty was placed on Hans head, it might be good to see some intearaction b/w fett and jabba, even via holocomm

Ep VI:

*see the upcoming DVDs, they will fix the ending celebrations a little and include Naboo as well...

mtfbwya

- Hire a seasoned and well respected dialog writer.

- Defer directing to a seasoned and well respected director.

Lucas seems to be much better at coming up with great concepts, settings, character types, and so on (i.e. Star Wars content), and less adept at the dialog (but that in part is the style he wants which emulates the old seriels) and getting good performances from actors.

Operating in a system similar to ESB would be idea IMO.

i would get me some body guards and dress them in stomie armour then i would give max rebo and make a different set for the cantina, it was ok but could have been better, then write some EU cuz he should write some exept if he wrote it, it wouldn't be EU. then i would kill Hayden. and that is my day/year/lifetime in the life of george lucas

Originally posted by Astrotoy7

Im talking about things that *can* be done with a little CG and restoration of deleted scenes. Its silly just to say "I wish..... " and say how you want to get yoda to beat up a wampa etc

Ep I :

*Put the anakin greedo fight back in

*Edit Jar Jar out quite a bit, but not fully, and re-do his voice, which was by far the most annoying thing.

Ep II :

*some of those deleted scenes were nice.

*seeing the little side mission of ki-adi mundi etc that was deleted

EpIV :

*Alderaan, interaction with Bail Organa before it gets blown up

Ep V :

*not much to add. Maybe except seeing the drop ships that land the AT ATs coming down

*wampa at echo base scene restored

*Seeing a bounty was placed on Hans head, it might be good to see some intearaction b/w fett and jabba, even via holocomm

Ep VI:

*see the upcoming DVDs, they will fix the ending celebrations a little and include Naboo as well...

*restore Sebastian Shaw(old anakins) ghost

mtfbwya

agreed. the only thing i would like to add besides the wonderful stuff in this post im quoting is an extra hour of leia in the metal bikini. ok ok.... maybe 2 hours.

• 11 months later...

Ep V :

mtfbwya

If the dropships were added, then it should only be the drops ships landing that you see. Hold off showing the AT-AT's until they appear out of the fog. :)

That's how they should be introduced.

Ep VI:

*restore Sebastian Shaw(old anakins) ghost

:wstupid:

I dont see any probs bumping this thread. Since it was made before EpIII release, people can add their ep3 wishlists :)

Episode III

*restore 'Rebel Sentaors' scene into film. Its on the DVD, but perhaps just as a deleted scene.

*Restore Anakin killing Shaak-Ti

shakti.jpg

*Have Vader fall to his knees after breaking free from 'Frankenstein' table. Might make the 'Nooooooo' a bit more dramatic.... or perhaps replace the 'Noooooo' with 'KHAAAN' !! :p

mtfbwya

Shaak-Ti's death occured in the entry of the Jedi Temple... Right ?

um, No......it was on a love seat in a funky coruscant niteclub...the picture proves it !!! :p

the more I read about the DVD deleted scenes, it seems that this one may be lost to the ages...tis a shame, Shaak Ti was a fave character of mine after watching the CW series, too bad she doesnt do much in the films :(

mtfbwya

I believe that Palpatine became Emperor the moment he declared that the Republic was reorganized into the Empire. Also, Tarkin mentions that it was the Emperor that disolved the Imperial Senate, confirming that he was Emperor before that point. :)

What I would change in the films:

The Phantom Menace

- Make Anakin a bit older when we meet him. Perhaps 14 or 15, like Padme (and so making the future romance less creepy). This allows for a more mature character (and actor), as well as make the pod-race/final battle scenes more believable, and not having to make the whole thing and accident. It also eliminates the "need" to have childish dialog with the likes of "Yippee".

- Make Jar Jar less of a bumbling/comic relief character. I do think he serves a purpose in the film. I would have been much happier with him if he wasn't so silly and bumbling by the end. I think it would have been a nice character progression if in the end battle he had come into his own as a soldier and leader of his people, and made a solid contribution instead of goofing his way through the whole thing. At least the Ewoks were made to seem capable.

Attack of the Clones

- Hire a writer with some experience in romances. I do believe that "teen love" in real life is probably just as corny and groan-worthy as in the film, but no one really wants to watch that. Better writing would make these scenes much more bearable, especially since they are so key to the plot.

- Make Anakin less whiny and more brooding/dark. I recently read that this is exactly how Hayden wanted to play it, but George asked him to play the whiny teenager and save the darkness for Episode 3. I think the darker version would have been the way to go, even though, again, the whininess is probably more realistic. I think the whining alienates older fans to some extent and makes him less appealing.

- Less C-3P0 slapstick comedy. I'm a fan of that character, and that stuff annoyed me. He is much better comedically with his banter with R2 a la the OT.

Revenge of the Sith

- Make Grevious a stronger character to match his EU portrayal and give him a better death. He is such a cool concept, it was disappointing to see him go out like a punk.

- Add back the deleted scene of Padme, Bail, Mom Mothma, and others discussing how to politically oppose Palpatine, and essentially give birth to the Rebellion. This is a major event in the SW saga and should be covered, and it also gives Padme something to do. I believe it will be added on the DVD.

A New Hope

- More Porkins!

- Greedo shoots first, for reasons that have been discussed a thousand times.

The Empire Strikes Back

- Expand the Battle of Hoth. Walkers for the win!

Return of the Jedi

- Replace the Ewoks with more threatening/believable primitive warriors. Something like wookies would have been great.

- Bring back Shaw. It just makes more sense to me for some reason...

That 'Nooo' that Vader let loose at the end of Ep3 was so horrible.
I actually didn't think twice about until I read about people's complaints. :confused:

AND I was under the impression Vader killed more than just a buncha younglings.
He did. He cleaned out the entire temple, which had more than a few experienced Jedi. That would have been another good thing to add to the film.

Archived