Home

KotOR/TSL GUI Dialog Editor (DLGEditor) - Current Version: 2.3.2

tk102

Actually having 8 as a waitflag will do something. I changed the delay from 4 to -1 but left 8 as the waitflag and it just skipped the scene. I didn't investigate further so I'm not sure if having anything in the waitflag field with -1 in the delay field will always produce this or if 8 actually corresponds to a function. Just thought I'd mention it.
That didn't change anything in my game. I don't think OE have ever used a delay of -1 in a node that also had WaitFlags. Most of the time it was 0. If -1 can cause problems that would explain it. :)

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 6 months later...

Yeah so I have no clue how to operate the editor? I look for the dialog.tlk and its there, but when i try to open it through the editor it doesnt show up...It does show in the lower left pane, but I dont know how to open it so as to edit dialogue and such.

• 1 month later...

Yep! I've almost got the same error message (with Windows XP though, and I am running as administrator), and I tried to delete any "pdk-" folder from C:\, but everytime I execute DLGEditor, new ones appear and the program keeps failing... Any ideas to get rid of that bug?

Thanks in advance.

I've uploaded v2.3.2 to my website

http://mods.starwarsknights.com/tk102

See if it helps you at all. I changed the order of some declarations to prevent crashes in some (rare) cases and it's been recompiled w/ PerlApp 7.2.

Yea; It actually opened for me. *huggles tk102, then gives tk a full plate of his delicious brownies* Now, I can actually do dialog files (hopefully) without crashing. I'll have to fix my Hanharr into Jedi mod, then.

I can't thank you enough for this version.

• 6 months later...

Hi everybody i got a little trouble with my first mod, i post the problem in here, but nobody has ansewer it.

I'm creating various soldier npc and they're supposed to say just an entry but only one of them is working properly. The other five just show a blank line with no text in it. I don't know what i'm doing wrong cause i used the same procces to create the six dlg files so i can't explain what is happening. Why only one of my npc is displaying the dialogues and the others don't?

I'm using the same template for the six npc's but with different appearance for each one, of curse saving them with different utc names. The only doubt i have is if i have to change the field tag for each new npc, or can i use the same tag for all the six.

Hi everybody i got a little trouble with my first mod, i post the problem in here, but nobody has ansewer it.

I'm creating various soldier npc and they're supposed to say just an entry but only one of them is working properly. The other five just show a blank line with no text in it. I don't know what i'm doing wrong cause i used the same procces to create the six dlg files so i can't explain what is happening. Why only one of my npc is displaying the dialogues and the others don't?

I'm using the same template for the six npc's but with different appearance for each one, of curse saving them with different utc names. The only doubt i have is if i have to change the field tag for each new npc, or can i use the same tag for all the six.

If I understand your problem correctly, then there should be a field in the DLGEditor that lets you put the Speaker's name (or rather, the tag/resref of his utc file). See if that works.

Right before i destroy my monitor i've discover what was wrong. The problem was that my game is an international version so my dialogue must be saved in the language of the game, in my case spanish. It was a dumb problem but i spend all last night trying to figuered out.

Thanks for the reply Trigger, and sorry about my english but it's not my natal language.

• 1 year later...

Hi guys.

Recently I install TSL RCM and some restore mod's to clear KotorTSL.

But I have small problem. Some dialogues should be translate in dlg files as i understand. Not only in dialog.tlk.

But DLG editor does not support russian language. And it's not possible to translate all game with RCM.

Could someone help Ru community and rebuild tool with Ru lang support.

Please))

Sorry for my bad english)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Hey i need some help using this.

Couple of questions.

1. How do I put a script in to fire when a certian dialog node is used?

2. How do I put a voice over into my dialog? (You know so you have an actual voice speaking)

3. How can I use the animations in the editor?

Well that is it thanks.

Hey Harark!

1. Script insertion is easy! There are literally available fields on any node of dialog that are labeled for scripting, ie: Script that fires when conversation ends, script that fires if conversation aborts - these two are on the root node of your convo. After that each node has a Script that determines availability and a Script that fires when spoken field.

Into these fields, if you have made your nwscript, you would enter the name of your script minus the suffix ( no .ncs ) and that should be about it. Then test your dialog and scripts :)

2. This is more complicated, essentially you need to record the VO in the correct format, and then follow a very specific naming convention. You will then need to extract .lip files and apply some lipsync to your speakers. There is a tut made just for this question... I suggest you search for it :p

3. The basic animations of speaking, or combat animations? For stuff like laughing while speaking, shaking your fist, gesturing... that is all done with the DLGEditor. In the lower section of the editor, slightly on the right-hand side, are two boxes, labeled Current Animations (should be empty) and Available Animations. Drag from one box into the other, and that should be about it.

If you want more complex animations, you will need to script an in-game action sequence... you can see something along these lines explained in this thread.

Hope this points you in the right directions!

Hey Harark!

1. Script insertion is easy! There are literally available fields on any node of dialog that are labeled for scripting, ie: Script that fires when conversation ends, script that fires if conversation aborts - these two are on the root node of your convo. After that each node has a Script that determines availability and a Script that fires when spoken field.

Into these fields, if you have made your nwscript, you would enter the name of your script minus the suffix ( no .ncs ) and that should be about it. Then test your dialog and scripts :)

Um still confused. Where is the a script that fires when spoken field? What do you mean by script that "determines availbility"?

Archived