Home

KotOR/TSL GUI Dialog Editor (DLGEditor) - Current Version: 2.3.2

tk102

v2.3.0

- Fixed bug where undoing an add of a reply to a reply or an entry to an

entry would not undo the creation of the implied entry or reply. Thanks to Dashus for this.

- Fixed bug where Edit: Delete All Orphans was not enabled right after a File: Open command (again, thanks Dashus)

- Animations can now be added without having to select from the list. They can be typed by number by right-clicking the Animation List and using the context menu. (For Pavlos)

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Apologies in advance for being such a noob at this.

How do I use DLGEditor 2.30 to change words in a dialog entry? I want to change reply 144 and reply 145 in baodur.dlg to use the word Sentinel instead of Guardian. Unfortunately it doesn't seem like I can do that in DLGEditor itself.

I downloaded DLGEdit from pcgamemods but it crashes as soon I try to go to the replies list. I'm thinking maybe DLGEdit doesn't work with TSL .dlg files?

I can make the changes I need in KT but when I save the file it creates a bunch of orphaned entries.

How do I use DLGEditor 2.30 to change words in a dialog entry?

I downloaded DLGEdit from pcgamemods but it crashes as soon I try to go to the replies list. I'm thinking maybe DLGEdit doesn't work with TSL .dlg files? I can make the changes I need in KT but when I save the file it creates a bunch of orphaned entries.

Never edit standard TSL DLG files with KotorTool, it will mutilate them by stripping out 75% of the data fields on all Entries and Replies that were added to the format for TSL. All script parameters will be lost, along with secondary Conditional and Action scripts, among other things. You will notice that the file size of the DLG file drops significantly if you re-save it in KT. KotorTool's dialog editor only works with KotOR1 DLG files.

As for the DLG Editor, it works to edit TSL dialogs with. To modify the text of a standard game reply, click the node in the treeview to load it into the lower panel. Then copy the existing text in the textbox, change the StrRef field above it to -1, paste the text back into the box and make your change. This makes it use an ExoLocString in the DLG file to store your modified text instead of fetching it from the dialog.tlk file like it does with standard game text.

(Keep in mind that the side effect of this is that your modified reply will not show up properly in non-English language versions of the game. You can add text for all the locales to the ExoLocString if you want, but unless you happen to know all those languages or have a dialog.tlk from each to copy/paste from that reply would be in english all of a sudden in the dialog. Though most people don't seem to bother with localizing their mods and are satisfied with making them work with the game with the English language setting.)

I downloaded DLGEdit from pcgamemods but it crashes as soon I try to go to the replies list. I'm thinking maybe DLGEdit doesn't work with TSL .dlg files?

This utility was the "ancestor" of DLGeditor so no, it doesn't work with TSL files. It lacks a bunch of useful features too. The latest versions of tk102's tools can only be found at swk.com. For the rest, Stoffe said it all :)

• 4 months later...

I'm having the same problem that Wrongo had. I am editing on a computer that doesn't have either game installed. When I start DLGEditor nothing happens. My working cursor comes up for about 2 seconds and stops. No screens or pop-ups or anything. I checked my computer for dlgeditor.ini file and found it nowhere. Is there anything I can do to get this to work.

EDIT: Nevermind, I got it to work by creating the dlgeditor.ini file from scratch using the instructions from Darth333 above. Thanks a lot!!

• 2 months later...
Anyone know how to make a certain entry fade to black at the end?

You'll need to attach a script to the branch using the SetGlobalFadeOut function. If you're planning on resuming the conversation, the following might work:

void main() {
 ActionPauseConversation();
 SetGlobalFadeOut(1.0, 3.0);  
 DelayCommand(4.0,SetGlobalFadeIn(2.0,2.0)); 
 DelayCommand(8.0,ActionResumeConversation());
}

You can play with numbers in that script to get the timing to your liking.

• 3 months later...

sup minion lol jking...........ok im new to the mod stuff and dialoge items but haveem downloaded....but i have 3 files all made by differ editors and 1 is bastila and revan kissing(visable) and 2 is bastila says she'll b ur lover if u go to the darkside, will those b deleted together cuz i wanted a perfect romance thing with my pc and bastila

and the 3rd is bastila darkside reskin will that also conflict with the game or no

sup minion lol jking...........ok im new to the mod stuff and dialoge items but haveem downloaded....but i have 3 files all made by differ editors and 1 is bastila and revan kissing(visable) and 2 is bastila says she'll b ur lover if u go to the darkside, will those b deleted together cuz i wanted a perfect romance thing with my pc and bastila

and the 3rd is bastila darkside reskin will that also conflict with the game or no

I can't understand your questions. Could your ask them again and make mention of what problems you are having with DLGEditor? :) Please also check the dlgeditor_readme.txt and also this recent DLGEditor tutorial thread written by Pavlos.

Ah ok. You'll have become fairly versed with how dialog trees work particularly the ones you're trying to merge. Then you'll need to decide how you imagine the new dialog tree to branch. At the node you want to branch from, you'll place a conditional script. Please consult the sources I mentioned for more details. :)

• 2 weeks later...
Does anyone have a list of the integers that the "FadeType" function supports and what those integers do?

While I'm asking questions... I don't suppose anyone knows what the "WaitFlags" field is for...

FadeType:

3: make a fade in

4: make a fade out

By itself this isn't useful since the fade won't last long. You also need the fields FadeLength, FadeDelay and FadeColor fields. FadeColor is optional. If it isn't present then the game will do the standard black fade out/fade in. You can't add these fields with DLGEditor, so you'll have to do that with KGff. FadeLength and FadeDelay are of type FLOAT, FadeColor is a VECTOR.

WaitFlags:

1 - Delay node until animated camera is finished.

4 - Wait for DLG animation to finish (should not be done with a looping animation :D )

I don't know if other values for these fields do something.

I don't think WaitFlags 8 or 10 do anything in that cutscene. The game goes thorugh the nodes without a noticable delay. After removing the WaitFlags the cutscene played the same as before.

I didn't notice a change either but well they were there... I thought someone must have put them there for a reason. Silly me...

Actually having 8 as a waitflag will do something. I changed the delay from 4 to -1 but left 8 as the waitflag and it just skipped the scene. I didn't investigate further so I'm not sure if having anything in the waitflag field with -1 in the delay field will always produce this or if 8 actually corresponds to a function. Just thought I'd mention it.

Archived