Home

The Sims 2

legameboy

I got it yesterday (Opening day)

I would give it a solid 9 out of 10. Its like the addiction all over again.

And don't be fooled by the console version Sims, this is alot different. The Sims console was just the Sims in 3d, Sims 2 is a lot better.

If you liked the first one and got addicted to it, get it, if you hated it, don't get it!

The only reason Im not playing it right now, is because my brother and sister are playing it :D

Meh :D

Oh, and you are going to have a medium-high rig. At least a ATI 9600 XT or a FX 5600

But it uses a special technology, unless your moving the camera, it will only render the characters and moving objects, and will give you a silky smooth 40-50 fps (When moving, 20-25 fps)

Oh, the animations are so F*CKING GOOD! It blows away anything you thought it would be like. :D

***Warning***

If your parents don't like you seeing two Sims making out and rubbing eachothers asses when on the couch, watch out.

But if you like making the sims do perverted stuff, and watching two animated people do the "WooHoo" *looks at Insanesith* Go ahead :D

PS:

The insanity inducing music is gone, and has a more upbeat pop music soundtrack instead of a violin & piano song. Better custom soundtrack support, movie maker, story maker, better picture taking.... the list goes on and on

TiE

Im not comparing that. I mean The Sims 2 is also one of the most antipated games, and is a sequel to the best game of all time years ago (The sims was more popular than HL last time i think)

But Halo 2 and HL2 were more antipated and most ppl are into it. Thats why i think HL2 and Halo 2 and will sell more when it comes out.

Originally posted by |GG|Crow_Nest

Im not comparing that. I mean The Sims 2 is also one of the most antipated games, and is a sequel to the best game of all time years ago (The sims was more popular than HL last time i think)

But Halo 2 and HL2 were more antipated and most ppl are into it. Thats why i think HL2 and Halo 2 and will sell more when it comes out.

Haven't the Sims probably sold more copies both of those two games combined? At any rate, I couldn't give a rats ass about either of those, even though I play alot of FPS's. I'm getting Sims 2.

Who the hell cares about sales and anticipation? If its a good game, then play it. Don't base your gaming off how well it does in stores and the massive anticipation it recieves.

C'mon now boy! You're just digging yourself a bigger hole!

*takes IS's advice and pulls out wiffle bat and begins slapping it against the palm of hand*

Originally posted by InsaneSith

*stabs tie*

I want this game bad, but not because of the animated mini-people sex. I wanna watch mini-people grow old and die, being in total control of their lives >:]

I hate the idea of pop music in it though. I'll probably just turn off the music and listen to my own stuff.

I was checking out the settings earlier today, and menu music is changable to your specification :D

TiE

Ever thought of changing your name to Cap'n Irony?

EDIT: woops, that's supposed to be Cap'n Sarcasm. Gimme a break here will ya? It's special for kids my age to be able to write this well in english where i come from.

well, not really, actually. but screw that.

Originally posted by CapNColostomy

I'll be getting it for sure. Can you still add your own mp3's? Nothings better than watching Sims dance in cages and on a floor with lights in it to Goatwhore. Well, okay lots of things are better than that, but that's still pretty good.

Hah! That's awesome. I never thought you were a Sim kind of guy. Of course, I also get your personality and Kain's personality mixed up. :p

Oh, I'm getting the Sims 2 today! :D

Originally posted by ckcsaber

Who the hell cares about sales and anticipation? If its a good game, then play it. Don't base your gaming off how well it does in stores and the massive anticipation it recieves.

Hey cool down dude. I just said that The Sims 2 may not be that popular once HL2 or Halo 2 comes out. I didnt say it sucks or anything, i know its a good game since the first one was great so i think the 2nd one should be better too. I'm just not interested in it.

Hey cool down dude. I just said that The Sims 2 may not be that popular once HL2 or Halo 2 comes out. I didnt say it sucks or anything, i know its a good game since the first one was great so i think the 2nd one should be better too. I'm just not interested in it.

Yeah but Halo 2 and Half Life 2 will give you a rush and a sense of survival mode while the Sims 2 is just strategizing on how they live their lives, long or short, your in control, YOUR GOD!

Archived