Home

Gamer's Rush

te27ch

This is an interesting phenomenon that I know most/all of you have had. It's when you get so absorbed into the game world and control that you just become a part of it, your computer controls are just an extension of yourself.

If this sounds nerdy and stupid, perhaps you might need to try it for yourself. Here are some of my tips that might help you get the ultimate experience, feel free to post.

1. Get some really insane game. It's hard to acheive this in any JK series games, theyre not as fast. I recommend Quake III, or some deathmatch game at a skill level that is very difficult, yet not impossible for you.

2. Music. One of my favorite tracks for getting "in the zone" is from Unreal Tournament 2003/2004. For those of you that have it, it's the music for the "Tokara Forest" map. It's sort of a slow techno-trance, very calm, and very interesting in the cool dark forest trees and peaceful dim grasses (stained with gibs, of course...)

3. It helps if your room is dark and quiet, and also if you're a bit tired. The effect is almost instantaneous if you're extremely tired and it's late at night. Of course, if you're too tired, then you acheive another state of mind known as "falling asleep".

That's all for me, and any comments/other tips/experiences would be appreciated.

me and my bro listen to our favorite band,HeD (PE), when we play...and we play all thru the night until dawn and sleep for about 4-6 hours and then start playing again....and we've been playing DOOM III lately....before it would be just me and him playing TEAM Fortress.....fun when its only two cuz only one of you will be leaving the fight......but its almost like a euphoria when you get the right conditions.....:xp:

Originally posted by te27ch

1. Get some really insane game. It's hard to acheive this in any JK series games, theyre not as fast. I recommend Quake III, or some deathmatch game at a skill level that is very difficult, yet not impossible for you.

heres where u lost me, maybe you havent been playing the same JK games as the rest of us :D jk1 is one of the faster games ever. while jk2 and ja arnt quite as fast, ff gun ctf is especially fast paced. its easy to outdistance q3 in terms of pure ups since force speed allows u to travel fast in JA.

as for music, i only listen to it playing if im goofing around or spectating, othewise if i m playing hard i wanna hear the ingame sounds :)

Hehe, good ole MotS. I never played it on that 'Zone' , but my friends and I have soem sort of annual LAN-party, in wich we play mots. I totally own them with soldier and Jedi.

Gotta love it!

anyway, i did get 'into' the game, so to speak. I racked up kill after kill, dodged shots fired (Or sabered) away, and i was number one in no-time.

I think one for me was when it was like 4 in the morning and I did the 343 Guilty Spark level on halo for the first time. I was freakin out with the captains messagem the killed covenent I didn't kill, and the soldier that was shooting at me and freakin out. Then when I got to the flood, I almost shat myself. More specifically when the combat forms showed for the first time and leaped at me.

Tiredness really does enhance it doesn't it :D

Originally posted by InsaneSith

at least you make it to the bathroom in time. I made a mess when I went on a UT binge. :(

Uuuuughh!

Err.. Gamers rush? Like an adrenaline rush or something? :xp:

If so, then nope, never had any of those when playing a game. I'll have plenty when playing Halo 2 for the first time.

I just had one.

Playing battlefront, galactic conquest, rebels last stand agains me at hoth. I killed 79 rebels without dying. I would have gotten more, but some idiot in a chicken walker stepped on me :mad:

But I couldn't believe it. That is now my favorite game. I am gonna play that all day tomarrow and the day after that. in fact, every chance I get until I have to take it back to blockbuster :(

Archived