Home

Dear Micheal Moore.....

Leper Messiah

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by InsaneSith

how about you quit being such a fascist and shut up. He has a right to do this, noone is forcing you to watch his movie. To put it simply,

:)

no offense, can we still be friends?

I'm with ya brother...except for still wanting to be friends.

no. he voted to give bush the power to take troops to war, but only as a last alternative. Pay attention to what people say and do -_-

also, you do realize there are other things assigned to a bill right? things that don't have to do with the main part of the bill, you have to vote for the entire bill. So see if you don't like 1 thing in the bill you vote no. You like it all you vote yes. If kerry is guilty of "flip-flopping" so is EVERY SINGLE senator.

If Kerry pulls it off in this election (which, at 2:12 am CST is looking very slim), then I hope Moore continues to hold the President accountable. A Kerry administration would be as fair game for Moore as a Bush one. Assuming that they f*** up even partially as much.

But I find it fascinating that the right-wing nutters get all worked up and call "foul" when the left-wing nutters are harshly critical of their conservative pantheon of gods they call politicians. They bitch and moan about how someone like Moore is a fat liar and quote the well-rebuked "59 lies of F9/11" site verbatum without doing any of their own research. Then pick up their cellphones and call in to Rush Limbaugh (or some other am radio deity) and offer their "mega-dittos" and tough-talk in a ritual of ego masturbation, citing the ignorance of anyone who dares be critical of a draft-dodging conman that still appears to be pulling the wool over the eyes of a little over half of America. The ignorant half, no doubt.

If Bush wins this one, I can only hope that he doesn't screw it up for the next Republican who might actually be worth voting for. But by then, all the followers that currently refuse to consider that they might actually be misled (or vote only because they think a single person can influence grandiose issues like abortion or gay marriage) will be burnt by the mismanagement of the nation and the ever increasing death toll on our sons, brothers and fathers in Iraq as well as the fact that Bush & co. have to date failed to deliver on their claim to "make America safer" from terrorism. If anything, its more dangerous. AssWipes like Bin Laden need idiots like Bush to encourage increased membership in their terrorist organizations.

To all those pundits of Bush... his followers... be careful what you wish for.

Michael Moore is one white man I like :) and since when has anything in a documentary, news article been 100% unbiased....

I dont live in the US but from Bowling For Columbine it seemed Mike and those kids were successful in convincing K-Mart to stop selling ammo.... If that is actually true, then thats freakin awesome....

mtfbwya

dont mistake me with a Bush supporter or a right winger in any way, my point is that Micheal Moore's recent effort was full of crap.

Originally posted by InsaneSith

how about you quit being such a fascist and shut up. He has a right to do this, noone is forcing you to watch his movie. To put it simply,

:)

no offense, can we still be friends?

Originally posted by Kain

(quoting InsaneSith's above post)

I'm with ya brother...except for still wanting to be friends.

as to Sith's comment, I believe this comment by ZDawg is ample response:

Originally posted by ZDawg

If he has his right to make his movie, Leper has his right to say what he feels like

Others said i shouldnt watch/read Moore if i think he's full of crap. Well (apparently unlike Mr Moore these days) I like to keep myself informed as to whats going on. Ive also been quite careful to state that its only his recent work I have a problem with. people keep holding up Bowling For Columbine, a film with no relevance to my point since im discussing the recent work of Moore.

As for Kain's comment, try to be a little less childish. Im not your friend anymore indeed...

I wasn't so keen on the f9/11 film, but he has every right to keep on making those films.

Consideing the amount of hate and scrutiny every one of his films comes under it isn't surprising things turn out to be exagerated, or ignored or plain mistakes. If ANY of the stories in the paper was subjected to that amount of scrutiny it would probably have just as many errors in it. It just isn't possible to check EVERYTHING in great detail yourself, you sometimes just have to take people's word for things.

I'm always amazed by the sheer volume of hate this guy produces... which surely must be a sign that he is hitting close to the mark in a few places (even if he misses in others). Unfortunately his "quick soundbyte style" editing does throw up a lot of problems of balance and simplification.... but if he made dull in-depth documentaries then no one would watch them at all... he has to strike a balance between entertainment and fact.

That said, i think you could almost attibute a lot of the turnout and renewed interest of young voters to him stirring things up and getting people interested in what is going on.... Looks like not everyone agreed with him, but at least it might have made them think...

And in a country where both parties are very similar, very corrupt and very right wing... and the media is very right wing... it is kind of nice to know there is someone (even if it is someone annoying) running around and trying to stir stuff up. imho.

Originally posted by Leper Messiah

Dear Mr Moore,

I write to request that in the event of a John Kerry victory in the presidential elections, that we might have the benfit of the peace and quiet that would come from your shutting up and going home.

I am not a supporter of President Bush, I would like to see him voted out, but I could also do without films like Farenheit 9/11 based on the same kind of distortions of the truth that you so loudly accuse Bush of perpertrating.

thats what Moore dont cares, he dont care if republicants get ofended by the movie so ha, ha, haaa. Ops!, you are not republicant, you just want Bush win... althought unfortunatly we will have to see his stupidities this next 4 years because of the ****load of ignorant people in america who has voted him.

Originally posted by LightNinja

thats what Moore dont cares, he dont care if republicants get ofended by the movie so ha, ha, haaa. Ops!, you are not republicant, you just want Bush win... althought unfortunatly we will have to see his stupidities this next 4 years because of the ****load of ignorant people in america who has voted him.

You can't call someone ignorant just because they disagree with you.

Can I call you ignorant because I don't like the way you spell "offended" or "oops?"

Originally posted by narfblat

Can I call you ignorant because I don't like the way you spell "offended" or "oops?"

you can cuz im not english so i dont care till it is understood and i call them ignorant because many people just voted him because they like him more than kerry and things like that, also, what had Bush offers better than kerry ones? that he will ultraprotect america attacking other countries? anyway this dont care anymore.

Archived