Home

I love violent video games...

lukeiamyourdad

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Them dumb ass peoples noted Prince of Persia as a non-violent game! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

These people are the same people who are too preoccupied with trying to run other people's lives to actually take care of their kids and their own lives, thus their kids are deprived of attention and do stupid things to get it.

Seriously - if you don't like it don't support it. Quit trying to play Superman of the Media and deal with it. Its not going to go away because a few people say its bad.

Originally posted by Kain

Them dumb ass peoples noted Prince of Persia as a non-violent game! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

I was about to say that, damnit Kain.

Anyway, I bet the only reason why they put Prince of Perisa on the list is because you kill Muslim's zombies in it. And we all know that's A OK![/sarcasm]

In all honesty, they're just probably on another absolve-Earth-of-Sin-so-I-can-have-porkchops-in-Heaven binge.

And I hardly think Halo 2 is violent. It's about as violent as playing laser tag, really. 'course, you could say the same for any first person shooter.

Whats to debate?

Violent video games are not the cuase of violence, for there was violence since the begining of mankind. I say the costumer is always right. It's people like US that make violent video games profitable. If game companies want us to play violent video games then they better give us games acording to our taste. (by the way, they dont see US protesting aginst THEIR non violent video games do we?)

frankly, out persoal choices are action packed fighting games. another thing, If parents don't like them they dont have to play them. They have no right to control other people's personal choices.

I don't ahve a problem with a few of their recommendations, but most of them seem pretty silly and badly though out.

Their list is very odd as well... I'd have thought manhunt, postal 2 and gta should have been up top, and i wouldn't have said halo 2 was any more violent than prince of persia..

Wait till prince of persia 2 comes out...

then they won't be happy. :D

I feel that the ratings as they now are are pretty good, they give both good descriptions and got symbols to warn of content... better even than films.

The only relevant issues these days are the shops following the rules, and educating parents about the ratings.

Which is just what this sort of group could do. Unfortunatley as their list is full of errors and odd choices it seems they need to educate themselves before they can educate parents.

(In the UK they sometimes use the film rating logos on games (18, etc..) which is actually less informative as to content, but does have the added recognition among parents.

prince of persia and jak 3 made the list of recommended games???? stupid morons....

i still fail to see where video games actually cause violence. the only thing that studies have deturmined is that games increase your reaction time, and especially with an fps, increase your visual accuity. i'd have to call those pretty positive consequences if you ask me. :D

my guess is that halo 2 made the list because of the multiplayer (humans and aliens killing humans and aliens. oohh, and the red blood :dozey: ) these people are opposed to anything that might insight violence, and so far, its a really big "might" with video games.

Kids can handle video game voilence unless they're like 5 or less, "mentally challenged" or it's something truly extreme (Manhunt, Soldier of Fortune). If I had an 8-year old I'd let him play Max Payne anyday.

The whole rating system is screwed up. I mean, Leisure Suit Larry had to be censored to avoid an AO rating (later the uncensored version DID come out with an AO rating, BTW) but a super-gruesome game like Manhunt only gets an M and doesn't have to be censored. So seeying boobies is suddenly worse than someone having thier throat slit with some broken glass?! Same goes for movies. American Pie was censored to get an R but Return of the King had severed human heads but got by with a PG-13.

Here in the UK it's slightly better, but we've got a long way to go.

People say that the Columbine shooters were playing a lot of Doom. WTF?

Doom doesn't teach you to shoot (NOTE TO OVERSENSETIVE PARENTS: To fire a gun you must use a trigger, not a mouse), and anyone confusing the sh*t graphics for real life must be pretty messed up to begin with.

Also, could it not be that voilent people are attracted to voilent video games, rather than voilent games making voilent people? I mean, if a mobster goes into a video store, what's he gonna rent? Finding Nemo or Robocop?

Originally posted by Crazy_dog no.3

The whole rating system is screwed up. I mean, Leisure Suit Larry had to be censored to avoid an AO rating (later the uncensored version DID come out with an AO rating, BTW) but a super-gruesome game like Manhunt only gets an M and doesn't have to be censored. So seeying boobies is suddenly worse than someone having thier throat slit with some broken glass?! Same goes for movies. American Pie was censored to get an R but Return of the King had severed human heads but got by with a PG-13.

Here in the UK it's slightly better, but we've got a long way to go.

Totlely in agreement here!

I read a story somewhere about a teacher who showed high schoolers a movie with a "fleshy" scene in it if you know what I mean? anyway, they were going "gross". but when a scene with a battle came, they watched it as if it was OK. the teacher asked them "nudity is gross but war and dismemberment isn't?" they then had to do an essay about why carnage is OK and nudity isn't.

that shows it!

Originally posted by Crazy_dog no.3

People say that the Columbine shooters were playing a lot of Doom. WTF?

Doom doesn't teach you to shoot (NOTE TO OVERSENSETIVE PARENTS: To fire a gun you must use a trigger, not a mouse), and anyone confusing the sh*t graphics for real life must be pretty messed up to begin with.

Also, could it not be that voilent people are attracted to voilent video games, rather than voilent games making voilent people? I mean, if a mobster goes into a video store, what's he gonna rent? Finding Nemo or Robocop?

truer words have never been spoken! Here ia a story to go with this:

My mom tried to make me stop playing Warcraft 2: Tides Of Darkness once. My Best friend introduced it to me. one day He showed a "body Burnin scene" to my mom and she hated it! "If you don't like it, dont play it", I told her. She just wantet to be a cathlic control freak. It was wrong for her to control my entertainment. I fought with her for months to get my rights back. she eventualy gave in. It was horrible. they threatened me and yelled at me if I asked about it again. to me, It will forever be known as "The Warcraft Crisis".

I say he higher ratings are meant to say "not suitible for ADULTS":D

as one guy said "On one hand, the anti-violent video games people think games are turning kids into lazy couch potatoes. On the other hand they think they are turning them into psyco killers. fortunatly we'll find them easy to outrun:D "

It is so easy to blame video games, music or movies instead of bad parenting. I am 37 years old. My first "R" rated movie was Friday the 13th: Part II. That was roughly 22 years ago. I have sense never developed a desire to go on a killing spree.

The violent video games came around after I was an adult, but I see no difference between the video games and the music videos or heavy metal music that was around when I was growing up. At the time, Ozzy Osbourne and Blue Oyster Cult took a lot of heat for their songs.

I may be wrong, but I believe you have to be awfully weak-minded to let entertainment influence your choices on whether or not to commit violent crimes. It seems that every generation tries to blame the easiest target.

From what I've heard, the people that go crazy like at Columbine are already missing a few marbles. But people seem to have a bad tendency of assuming that if videogames, music, and TV can cause crazy people to go postal, then certainly they can cause sane normal people to do it too!

I've found these people shut up rather abruptly when I suggest we outlaw cars, hunting, cigerettes, medicine, owning domesticated animals, bicycles, household cleaners, religion, sex, and anything else that might be used by a crazy person to harm another.

... Parents should check and see what games their kids are playing instead of going out crusading... although I don't see why retailing couldn't make a rule about selling not selling M/AO games to minors, but then again I don't have that problem anymore :xp:

And they misspelled Mortal Kombat

I'm also sick and tired of hearing about these "video games addicts". They use video games like crack.

I keep hearing people saying it's not seen as a problem now but in 20 years it will and will become a social problem like cigarette and other drugs.

As if it was that one-sided and easy to understand.

About Colubine:

Ever notice how some Kids get cars and dates and fun, while othere get picked on? (when I was in school guys threw coins, broken crayons, clat and other things at me behind my back. I didn't know who was doing it. all this happening while OTHER guys get beutiful girls and all I ever get is bullies. It drove me crazy.)

I don't blame video games, I blame the social imbalance in teen society for the shootings. I also believe that there were chemical imbalance in their brains that also contributed to the mayhem.

Possible solution:

If we ever find some way to fix the obiesity crisis, and other things to make people look better(and there for people get treated better,) people will be hapier and less violent.

people are already working on a drug to "turn off" the reward system in the brain to end food and tobaco cravings to help people loose wight. there is also laser eye surgery so so-called "geeks" don't have to wear glasses".

to sum it all up, if we have more technoligy, to help us look better, we get treated better. if we get treated better, nobody goes insane and sprays the classrooms with 50 rounds of ammo.

Originally posted by InsaneSith

anyone else hoping these people die in some gruesome way... just for a laugh.

They won't have to even argue with you if you keep proving their case for them.

It's the same deal as with movies. They don't make people crazy, they just make the ones who already are crazy more creative. ;)

Well, I for one, try to be a very loyal Catholic.

That doesn't stop me from chasing helpless Grunts around and listen to the funny things they scream when they're scared. :D

I love Halo. And I think if parents do not want their kids playing violent video games, there is a solution: do not let your kids play violetn video games. But don't try to parent other people's children as well.

Halo and Halo 2 were hardly violent, and had an AWESOME story. I do not think MOST people would be negatively affected by it. I mean, I love Halo, but I love human beings and would never kill someone.

But say, I have an idea. We hate violence? Then let's ban the war in Iraq. That seems to be a lot more violent then then the 1s and 0s in our plastic-covered silicon chips.

Archived