Home

Demo... for the Xbox

Devilsfanatic

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Oh well, atleast I'll get to play it at my friends....

I hope this doesn't mean RC will be made for XBox, and just sent to the PC. I'd prefer if it was made for the PC, that way it would be more compatible (like new things to edit, etc)

The rumor about a demo with KOTORII seems to be true aswell as demo in the UK Xbox magazine.

From TFN:

As well as being on the Sith Lords XBox CD, a playable demo of Republic Commando will also be in the UK's official XBox Magazine.

It will be on the disc that accompanies the next issue out December 30th. Thanks to Darth Exodus for the alert.

Originally posted by JDKnite188

So will LEC also pull a stunt like. . . .

1. Release a Xbox demo with another product.

2. Add a notice that a PC Demo will come out on the game website.

3. Take it away a few months after the game's release.

Seems so. :( Do they honestly think people will actually buy XBox just for a demo? I mean, I want to play it badly, but I won't fork over 200 dollars to play it when I could just wait about 4 months instead.

Demos for PC got much more competition. They wouldn't stand out there ;)

But look on the bright side. At least there's one for XBox and you'll get a lot more information on how the game plays from those who have the demo.

It's better than nothing, right?

Well, I played the demo yesterday.

It was really enjoyable, although short. I like how they let you put your squadmates into position with just a press of a button.

I'm looking forward to this game now. It looks like it will be a nice change of pace from all the other SW games.

Originally posted by ckcsaber

Well, I played the demo yesterday.

It was really enjoyable, although short. I like how they let you put your squadmates into position with just a press of a button.

I'm looking forward to this game now. It looks like it will be a nice change of pace from all the other SW games.

Good to hear! Graphics on the box good? :)

Demos you have to pay for by buying other products. How lame!

Oh well... I hope this doesn't mean they're going to wimp out and never release a demo for the PC.

And I hope this doesn't mean that RC will be a console game, ported over to the PC as an afterthought, like SWBF was.

PS: Somebody who has the demo want to submit a review to RC.net? And whoever has access can post it when they get a chance. Or host it on your own site and send it to the news to get posted.

After playing it about 5 times, I think RC could be the "Halo for Star Wars." That's what it feels like to me.

The AI are pretty smart, they don't stand around like idiots, and the commands are pretty cool.

One thing I don't like is the number of shots it took to kill some enemies...

• 2 weeks later...

Archived