Home

A quick question about PoP:Warrior Within

BongoBob

Does anyone know if it's possible to turn the blood off or turn it into sand? I was wondering this because on the commercials it doesn't show the blood, but instead the old sand effect.

Any help is greatly appreciated. If this is possible I can actually get this game.

Originally posted by BongoBob

*huggles gothix*

Thanks man, I now must go beg to my mom :D

And astro, you should try ultimate legends(I think it's called that). It's dynasty warriors...WITH GUNS!

are you talking about Xtreme Legends, the Dynasty Warriors "expansions"..... I have played them :D I really like Samurai Warriors. Great to play as those famous characters in Japanese History, Tokugawa, Takeda, Shingen etc. Hanzo Hattori is also a clever addition :D

mtfbwya

Originally posted by BongoBob

*huggles gothix*

Thanks man, I now must go beg to my mom :D

If you do get the game, just make sure she never sees that nearly naked chick that's one of the Prince's major antagonists. At least I think she's an enemy. I haven't played the game, so I don't really know.

Just a heads-up, as it would certainly offend my mother (or just about anyone else's mom).

I hate how POP: TWW has changed the genre from and awesome puzzle/action game into an ACTION/puzzle game.

All the people who love the original for what it is are expected to automatically love this, while they are changing it so that they can appeal to the masses who have no time for these puzzles, they must kill, kill, KILL!

Frankly it makes me sad and I probably wouldn't buy it, but I hear there's enough of the original hidden in there to make it worth my while.

I'll probably pick it up eventually.

Man it must be rough being a young gamer nowadays. When I was coming up, money was the only thing keeping me from playing on my Atari 2600 and NES. By the time things that might draw my parents attention were reaching gaming, it was the original Mortal Kombat for the Genesis. And I was lucky enough to have cool folks that knew I could handle my entertainment and not take it serious. Little did they know...

Originally posted by CapNColostomy

Man it must be rough being a young gamer nowadays. When I was coming up, money was the only thing keeping me from playing on my Atari 2600 and NES. By the time things that might draw my parents attention were reaching gaming, it was the original Mortal Kombat for the Genesis. And I was lucky enough to have cool folks that knew I could handle my entertainment and not take it serious. Little did they know...

Yeah, it's gotta be tough for both children and their parents nowadays when it comes to choosing the right videogames for the right age. Making a game with an "E" rating anymore is the equivalent to making a "G" movie; it's very risky since people will think that it's "kiddy" or something to that extent. Consequently, the market's saturated with "T" and "M" games anymore.

Like the Cap, I can remember the days when you didn't have to worry about getting videogames for young children. I'm a little too young to remember the Atari days, but I did grow up in Nintendo's "Golden Age" of the NES and SNES as well as when Sega was still a powerful voice with their Genesis system. With the exception of a few games (Mortal Combat, Doom, Wolfenstein and Duke Nukem), video games were something anyone from any age could enjoy, such as light-hearted adventures with an Italian plumber or a blue hedgehog. Like old silent movies, you didn't have to worry about material that may frighten children or offend parents.

With more realistic graphics and better technology however, things began to change. I wouldn't say that the change was necessarily good or bad; some of my favorite games are "M" rated. Still, the market has seemed to cater ever increasingly for the older crowd of gamers.

Though the rating system is pretty good for letting parents know which game is right for their child, I think that some of the categories are too broad. Take "T" rated games for example. Some "T" games are really pretty tame, something most parents wouldn't mind their ten year old playing (Super Smash Bros Melee comes to mind). However, there are others that are borderline "M" if they're particularly intense, leaving a disconcerting gray area for concerned parents.

Parents have to be very careful nowadays. The common misconception that video games are for "kids" simply doesn't apply anymore. Just as movies have explored more adult-oriented realms over the years, now games are also experimenting with mature themes and content. That's not necessarily a bad thing, but it's something parents have to keep in mind.

EDIT: dang that was a long post, wasn't it? :p

my 4 year old brother plays SSBM :D

I know exactly what you're talking about alegis. But there's something to point out here. I am officially 15 and a half on January 22(the only reason I know that is because I can get my permit that day) and not just feel, but not just KNOW that I am mature enough for M games, but also KNOW the difference between reality and video games. I own Halo and Halo 2 only because I told my mom that the blood is in a couple cutscenes and on the walls in one or two levels. But another factor is that if I had asked for it when X-Box was released I was only 13 and am alot more mature now then before.

But I am gonna hopefully go to blockbuster tomarrow or tonight and rent it.

yeah, its annoying that because a lot of people didn't understand that it was a platform/puzzle game that was trying to do something different (and only had combat as a pacing mechanism between the puzzles) they have ignored those that liked the original and made an action/combat game to appeal to the teenage masses...

If your game is too original for people... make it like all the other games...

originally posted by Mike Windu

Signs that you are old

1) You think Pong is the greatest game evar.

2) You are not attracted to shiny consoles.

3) You prefer the wood finishing of the golden day consoles.

4) You get frustrated when your games involve more than a joystick and a little red button.

5) You remember when games were 4 bit and not all this conflabbed 8 and 16 bit nonsense.

Had to do it. :D

I got POP:TSOT 2 weeks ago, I finished it and loved it, and everything basicly turned out pretty good for the Prince. What I don't get is what pisses off the Prince in TWW? I don't have the game (yet) but can someone please tell me!!??

TiE

What I don't get is what pisses off the Prince in TWW? I don't have the game (yet) but can someone please tell me!!??

Well, i haven't finished the game, but i didn't notice anything.

But in the demo of PoP2, i saw a cutscene with some vague flashbacks, with the prince and someone else (I think Farah, the sidekick from Sands of Time, but I'm not sure) fighting a band of demons or soemthing. Then the other person gets killed and the prince is sad. I think that's what got him very angry. That, and the magic time beast demon thingy that chases him, denying him a normal life. Also from a cutscene from the demo and from the official site.

Isn't that in the game? Or do you just skip cutscenes?

EDIT: i think this could be considered a spoiler...

Now this is the tale all about how

My life got twisted upside down

And I'd like to take a minute, just sit right there

I'll tell you how I became the prince of a country called Persia

In West Mesopotamia born and raised

On the battlefield where I spent most of my days

Killing out, slashing, stabbing all cool

And jumping off some wall inside the Castle

When The good ol' Visor who was up to no good

Started making trouble in my neighbourhood

I made one little mistake and my mom got scared

She said "You're cleaing up your mess in the dungeon in Persia"

I whistled for the dagger and when it came near the

Handle said "Badmotherf*cker" and had sand in the middle

If anything I could say that this sword was rare

But I thought naw forget it, "Let's kill in Persia"

I jumped up to a cliff about seven or eight

And I yelled to the girl "Yo, homie smell you later"

Looked at my kingdom I was finally there

To sit on my throne as the Prince of Persia

Originally posted by Doomie

Well, i haven't finished the game, but i didn't notice anything.

But in the demo of PoP2, i saw a cutscene with some vague flashbacks, with the prince and someone else (I think Farah, the sidekick from Sands of Time, but I'm not sure) fighting a band of demons or soemthing. Then the other person gets killed and the prince is sad. I think that's what got him very angry. That, and the magic time beast demon thingy that chases him, denying him a normal life. Also from a cutscene from the demo and from the official site.

Isn't that in the game? Or do you just skip cutscenes?

EDIT: i think this could be considered a spoiler...

I have the demo too, and I think its like, I dunno, his brother or somthing? Because he is the youngest son of his dad.

Well, Farah dies in POP:TSOT by falling to her death, but the Prince stabs the hour glass and goes back in time before starting of the battle at the begining of the game. So he goes to Farah, who is unhurt and doesn't know him. And you find out he was telling the story to Farah when he narrated during the game.

Well, he kills the vizer because he was evil and told the Princes dad to attack Farah's dad's place in the begining. So when he went back in time, he killed the vizer, saved Farah (though lost her love) and kept the dagger safe.

TiE

Originally posted by GothiX

There are levels where you actually have to run from this xxxx, those are awesome. :D

That is the only bit that sounds like a GOOD idea that they have added to the first one.

I loved the whole "storytelling" technique they used in Sands of Time, and the way it circled back in on itself.

Archived