Home

Spaceballs: The Animated Series!!!

Monkey Mania

Link

"Plans are under way in Hollywood for a TV version of Mel Brooks' 1987 sci-fi spoof "Spaceballs," Daily Variety said Thursday.

Brooks will team with MGM, which owns the rights to the movie, and the German company Berliner Film Co. Plans call for an animated TV series that will send up current sci-fi and fantasy movies such as "The Lord of the Rings" trilogy and George Lucas' "Star Wars" prequels.

The project is envisioned as a prime time show, either on network or on cable, said Variety, with a an hour-long pilot and 13 half-hour episodes."

Sounds cool to me.

oh yea, like the survival rate of TV shows is anything to write home about. this will fail miserably and the exec's will go 'whew' and pat each other on the back. But if they'd made a movie, im sure it prob wouldnt have mopped up at the box office, but a spaceballs sequal would sure sell alot of rentals and dvd's.

• 1 year later...

Spaceballs was just "OK" in my eyes. Though it had many, many great scenes. My favourite one: "I've lost the creeps, I've lost the sweeps, and I've lost the creeps!"

If only the art of the cartoon is any good, and not like the other current cartoons.

Anyone remember the old Disney movies? Or Animals of Farthing Woods? The beutiful scenery, the great animations, the plot:)...

Now compare that to Dexter's Lab and the other current cartoons. Sad.

Archived