Home

I'm so avoiding Kentucky.

GothiX

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

do you think in 30 years or so people will look back and realise that 9/12 was the day the terrorists won? Or will we be so far down the 1984/Starship Troopers route to controlled populations that no-one will ever know?

Thats the problem with deciding that normal rights don't apply to terrorists (as the UK and US and many other countries have now done)... once you get defined as a terrorist it is almost impossible to prove that you aren't, as you no longer have any rights... and the government doesn't have to tell anyone (including you) why they think you are a terrorist anyway.

FUD

It is like the Medieval times. If you are called a witch everyone goes insane. "BURN HER!" I wonder if it is any more civilized today with the terrorists now. I can just see this kid from the middle east sitting in school and says something that has to do with terrorism and all the american kids go whacko and scream "TERRORIST!" then the authorities come and he is arrested. And exactly how do Zombies who are dead and don't exsist link to Terrorists who are alive(the ones we haven't killed yet) and do exsist?

This just in...a suspicious man was seen running around town in artic camo. He was repeatedly pulling out his gun, swirling it, and then pulling out a knife while jumping around. He was carrying a suspicious tan rectangle box and was constantly saying "Go! Go! Go!" as he ran around main street. Authorities have been alerted, but havent arrived on the scene yet. Their using Counter Strike, a popular video game, to learn tatics of various Terrorist orginizations so they can better combat them IRL.

not sure what i think, not quite enough info on the actual story. if it is a fictional story, cops would be able to tell on how it's written. So, yeah, I think he is guilty. why can't people use a lie detactor and get it over with?

atleast he didn't use the classic "That's not mine."

Originally posted by InsaneSith

Gotta love Lewis Black yo. :D

Huh? Who's Lewis Black? :confused:

And people, like the president are "faareeking oout" thinking that the "terrorists" has a nuke, when the only things they have used are grenades, and 30 yearold motar shells

Terrorists:

Camo suit ($50)

AK-47s ($300)

Soviet Grenades ($50 each)

Home-made bombs ($250)

Machetes ($30)

Toyota pick-ups ($10,000)

1 used soviet tank ($75,000)

TNT used for suicide bombs ($150)

RPG-7s ($450)

Two Way Radio System ($1000)

Allah on their side (Priceless)

US Army:

M16A2s ($1000)

M4s ($950)

Missle Launchers ($1000 - $6000)

Bombs (10,000kg kind) ($100,000 - $250,000)

M1 Abrams ($1,000,000)

Motar Launchers ($6000)

Hummves ($50,000)

Body Armor ($1000)

B52 ($250,000,000)

Cruise Missles ($1,000,000)

Guidence Systems ($1000)

Black Hawk Helis ($2,000,000)

Subs ($20,000,000 - $100,000,000)

Air Craft Carriers (God knows how much, $10,000,000,000?)

250 Nuclear bombs (Priceless)

TiE

Originally posted by TiE 23

And people, like the president are "faareeking oout" thinking that the "terrorists" has a nuke, when the only things they have used are grenades, and 30 yearold motar shells

And AK-47s.

But besides that, those weapons can still kill. Regardless, the people being freaked out is purely the result of the news media and nothing else.

It wouldnt work as well without the media to overexagerate and blow everything out of proportion.

Seriously, a 30min-1hr long discussion on how and why the terror alert level was raised is the biggest waste of time I've ever seen.

They kinda go hand and hand.

Originally posted by XERXES

It wouldnt work as well without the media to overexagerate and blow everything out of proportion.

Seriously, a 30min-1hr long discussion on how and why the terror alert level was raised is the biggest waste of time I've ever seen.

They kinda go hand and hand.

Which is why I pointed out the goverments were also to blame because your earlier post made it seem like you were laying it completely on the media.

Ya, better to have the guy who we can count on to actively screw things up then the guy who would've (could've?) just sat around and watched other people screw things up.

Oh wait.

Well anyway, anyone who knows anything about media, marketing, etc is that the best way to get people to look at/think about something is to highly exaggerate it. Otherwise it slips off their scopes. Do you notice this sentence right off the bat? OR DO YOU NOTICE THIS SENTENCE. And make no mistake. Electing a president is all about marketing.

Originally posted by Redwing

Do you notice this sentence right off the bat? OR DO YOU NOTICE THIS SENTENCE. And make no mistake. Electing a president is all about marketing.

the 2nd sentence, gotta be the 2nd sentence.

Originally posted by VikingLarz

Well I am glad i'm not old enough to vote yet. It would be so hard to choose between an idiot and a sissy. :D No really that is hard.

when you are old enough, just kick back, relax, and laugh at the people who do vote.

Originally posted by tags

when you are old enough, just kick back, relax, and laugh at the people who do vote.

Well, if that's your choice, then you have absolutely no room to complain about the state of affairs in the country, since you choose not to participate in the democratic process.

Archived