Home

Please, laugh at EA now

lukeiamyourdad

Originally posted by Lynk Former

do what everyone else is doing... blame it on the "casual gamer"

aw, cmon what the hell is that supposed to mean. Someone who has a xbox/ps2/GC and only plays it once a week is just as valuable to the game Co.s as someone who plays everyday. They still fork out for the console and games. Which = money(or in the case of the GC - their parents money ....JK Lynk, dont start sobbin again !)

mtfbwya

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by ET Warrior

Yes, the company who has caused me to instigate my first ever boycott. :)

I delight in their suffering! Long live WoW :D

.....If you boycotted EA then why did you get Third Age...you said it rocked the socks like five months ago...don't tell me you made it because of that game....btw I love EA....when I see a sweet release I hope its EA!....*Walks to stand beside Astro and CapN*

Who would ever think a MMORPG would swallow so many casual fps gamers (at least for that included month).

If you boycotted EA then why did you get Third Age...you said it rocked the socks like five months ago..

I don't think EA bought those licenses that long ago.

Hopefully this boycotted their plans to take over the EArth

Originally posted by Astrotoy7

ET, put your monopoly money where your mouth is and linky us to some news source refs about EA mistreating their employees. Sure it might be true, but you dont expect us to take your word for it, you are after all a tad biased on this issue :p

Actually, this is in fact true. It has been in the news in several places. For example:

http://www.kotaku.com/gaming/business/ea-faces-class-action-suit-025524.php

http://www.livejournal.com/users/ea_spouse/

http://www.gamespot.com/news/2004/11/11/news_6112998.html

http://www.jaani.net/view/2005/02/23/ea-employees-class-action-lawsuit

http://news.com.com/Electronic+Arts+faces+overtime+lawsuit/2100-1043_3-5450316.html

http://biz.gamedaily.com/features.asp?article_id=8323

Meh. Everyone has their own personal opinion about what games suck, so not bothering to comment on that.

As for the employee mistreatments. I could care less if all they're doing is crying on LJ. I believe there are certain labor laws, and if EA is breaking them, it's the employees' job to do something about it. So I could really care less about that until they do something.

As for the comment about "If the monopoly can't win, who will" comment in article.... we need to beat them with a hose.

Frankly, companies don't always win-win all the time. They're bound to hit some snags on the way. Of course, I'm betting the moola they forked over for the sports contracts, and then having other companies still release certain sports game isn't helping their wallets get bigger.

EA and UbiSoft don't really make that many games... they produce them. So they are more like Fox and Universal in the movie industry.

Its their own fault. The games industry has become like the movie industry... where they rely on a few MAJOR hits to make all their profits. Most movie blockbusters don't make a profit (until the video and dvd stage anyway) and they rely on getting one or two huge hits (spiderman, lord of the rings etc..) to make all their money.

So even though there is such a massive industry with so many customers and so much money involved profit and loss becomes a lottery of hoping for that ONE BIG HIT.

Which is why loads of apparently successful studios have gone down the drain.

they can't be going down, i've paid so much money to try and get a scolarship for them and try to work there.

STOP LAUGHING AT THEM! I hate it when people think that EA is crap, they aren't, they have great games and reat graphics, they make the best NHL games, they use actual players and what not.

Originally posted by MTV2

they make the best NHL games,

I actually think Sega's ESPN NHL 2k5 was just as good as NHL 2005, and it was 30 bucks cheaper. The NHL series has been the exact same freaking game for the past 4 + years, with a slight boost in graphics and a little showy addition that doesn't really affect anything.

Their James Bond games have sucked since day 1.

The Third Age was a pretty cool game, but it was also pretty short, no replay value, and the ending was so ridiculously stupid I almost vomited.

So not ONLY do they treat their employees like hell, and use their money to put the other companies out of business instead of putting that money into developing better games, the games they DO make are carbon copies of games they ALREADY made.

EA games can rot in fiery hell. :p

The problem is that EA isn't responsible for Warcraft or The Sims or any of its other games, it just absorbed the companies who make the games so then they become EA games.

If I painted some paintings and people liked them, but then I sold out to Sithy and suddenly I was creating paintings but Sithy was getting the credit for it, I don't think my fan following would be very happy with that.

This whole EA hating thing doesn't occur just cause people have nothing to do, people have their reasons and not everyone has the same reason. So then suddenly have A LOT of people who have something in common.

Originally posted by ET Warrior

EA games can rot in fiery hell. :p

they cant, but u can:mad:

whoever laughs at EA is a discrace to video games.

i know people that work there and theres nothing wrong about EA.

ESPN 2k5 was 30 bucks cheaper? 30$? well if u take an extra 5-10 minutes(depending on where u live) u can go to the EA place and get there games there for $19.99cnd brand spanking new.

i hate it when people criticise companies when they dont even know how it works, or how much effort they put in to try and making great games.:mad:

they use the real things(nascar,nhl,nba,etc.) for there games, i dont see microsoft doing that, or rockstar or any other company.

they cant, but u can:mad:

whoever laughs at EA is a discrace to video games.

I'm no Mod but your insults aren't welcome here.

i hate it when people criticise companies when they dont even know how it works, or how much effort they put in to try and making great games.:mad:

I hate it when people speak through ignorance as if they know about such things. You, sir, must not have much knowledge of the gaming industry and how EA is abusing it with their monopoly.

If you read and understand the complaint that former-EA employee posted on the internet which was linked to at the Swamp or the Senate (or both?), you'd understand why the way EA runs behind the scenes is unacceptable. How would you like your job to basically be your life, getting up in the morning, going straight to work, and going home right to bed, rinse and repeat, no weekends or anything?? And don't just say "well they should quit if they don't like it," because if you do you apparently have no idea what it's like to get and hold a job. You have to get food on the table and a roof over your head. It's not so easy to do that when you're out of work, and can't just walk into a building and be offered a job. And not to mention that there will always be more people willing to work for EA as long as their empire stands, not knowing what the future holds for them.

they use the real things(nascar,nhl,nba,etc.) for there games, i dont see microsoft doing that, or rockstar or any other company.

So because a company doesn't make games about sports, they aren't as good? WTF? Are you saying that if a company doesn't make their games about sports then they're not as good as EA?

:confused:

Originally posted by TK-8252

So because a company doesn't make games about sports, they aren't as good? WTF? Are you saying that if a company doesn't make their games about sports then they're not as good as EA?

:confused:

they use real players, sounds, movements for there sport games and other games

What about ET's insult on EA? Hows that different from my insult? same thing isn't? same insult.

Oh. and BTW, i know the game industry well, very well on EA.

ESPN 2k5 was 30 bucks cheaper? 30$? well if u take an extra 5-10 minutes(depending on where u live) u can go to the EA place and get there games there for $19.99cnd brand spanking new.

Um... are you talking about going to an EA building and buying the game in the company store? If so.... not everyone lives next door to EA you know. Yes, 30 bucks goes a long way towards buying more games. It's called competition and EA doesn't seem to like competition.

Again, not comenting on EA employee treatment. If they don't do anything about it for themself, why should I care?

Um... RockStar may not "use real things" but GTA is far superior to any EA released game. Halo doesn't use real things either, but guess what.... apparently it works. EA execs are whining about losing money to the other companies - their competition.

What about ET's insult on EA? Hows that different from my insult? same thing isn't? same insult.

How's it different? Well let's have a look at the Forum Rules and Code of Conduct:

Rules

1. You cannot, in any way, insult (or "flame") someone else on the board. People may not be insulted just because their opinion differs from your own.

Was ET's insulting of EA against someone on this forum? No. Were your insults against people on this forum (ET and anyone who dislikes EA)? Yes. kthxbai!

Oh. and BTW, i know the game industry well, very well on EA.

Your posts have proven otherwise.

Originally posted by TK-8252

How's it different? Well let's have a look at the Forum Rules and Code of Conduct:

Was ET's insulting of EA against someone on this forum? No. Were your insults against people on this forum (ET and anyone who dislikes EA)? Yes. kthxbai!

Your posts have proven otherwise.

Okay guys, take it from me, cause I know that messing with the rules will get you in bigger trouble than you could think of >_>

So just stop, so we can all laugh at EA's whininess when it looses some money.

M'kay?

TiE

they can't be going down, i've paid so much money to try and get a scolarship for them and try to work there.

If EA is such a great company, then I must misunderstand your quote, because it seems to me that you're PAYING MONEY, so that they'll give you a scholarship and / or and internship? I know of no other company that would actually charge you money for such things.

Perhaps your money isn't going to EA...but then who is it going to?

And please, I'm a disgrace to video games because I don't like a company who is as devoid of innovation as can be possible, and who seems to do anything and everything they can to make sure that competition (Which, by the way, is what really brings about improvement in any field) doesn't exist?

"What's this? Sega is making games as good as ours? And they're 30 bucks cheaper? And they might outsell us in the next couple years? Well, I don't want to invest the time or money or effort into coming up with ways to actually compete.....lets just put them out of business"

Lets see, I'm not really sure where EA games is located in relation to COLORADO..but I know they aren't IN the state. Ergo, I'm goig to have to drive a MINIMUM of 3 hours in a car, which, at the current cost of gasoline, will cost me around 20 - 30 bucks. Then I have to come back.

Or I could just walk over to Target and buy NHL 2K5 or whatever for 20 bucks......decisions decisions.

Archived