Home

Good News Concerning the Forum Closure!

Boba Rhett

Congrats on the prank guys and gal, you've succeeded in rounding out the worst day of my life.... long story, and lets just say that I'm 99.99999% sure that the worst part of my day wasn't an April fools joke... I am going to call life quits and sit on the couch eating donuts for the rest of my life.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Darkkender

I for one Have yet to laugh about it.

I've got enough legal and financial troubles the last I needed was another one. I was seriously considering trying to change some of my profile settings to cover my A$$.

LMAO Nice............ (laughing with you not at you) :rolleyes:

tk,

I wasn't really offended (personally).

Since I basically post only here, my shortcut leads me directly to Holowan. So I was typing a lengthy reply, hit submit button... and voila - "you don't have persmission to post in this forum".

First I thought I might have been banned and that was kind of funny.. :rolleyes:

Then I thought there was something wrong w/ my browser when I saw lock on the forum.

Thankfully, when I got to actual announcement, I realized it's a joke. (no offense, Darth333).

So, my first reply in the other thread was actually positive one. However, when I later saw how most people reacted and generally felt bad, and also knowing that this is pretty serious issue (considering LucasArts' history) and y'all persisting with this gag, this just wasn't funny any more. Sorry.

:disaprove Well, aren't you all just 'special'...

We should have known better!

I'm going to have to do a special WWF: TSL Admin & Moderator Smackdown Mod just for you guys. :p

J/K Rhett & Co.! :D... Or Not! :eyeraise:

@ Xcom, kudos for calling this what it was first... you have a very good nose for pranks. ;)

@ Mav, there is an old saying "Don't let the turkey's get you down."

Originally posted by Xcom

Thankfully, when I got to actual announcement, I realized it's a joke. (no offense, Darth333).

I take no offense. This is definitely not a letter I would have sent in reality: it was for a joke and the content had to be adapted to involve everyone, including toolmakers, not just the site owners or a specific modder (contrary to what happens normally). Of course, all this had to be done in a short and general letter which led to some inconsistencies and what I would call an "expansion of some legal priciples" (but I won't elaborate on this as I refuse to discuss legal stuff on public boards.) Despite that, it was pretty efficient :D

Originally posted by Fred Tetra

Never trust anyone over 30 ... posts.

:)

I think I may cease Kotor Tool development, just in case the real joke is that there isn't a cease-and-desist letter.

Ack if you did that Fred then modding of the game would cease. And I don't think anyone wants that.

Originally posted by Shadow Blaze

Ack if you did that Fred then modding of the game would cease. And I don't think anyone wants that.

On the other hand, you all could contribute to my "legal defense fund" to ensure development.

Fred - Worried modder

:stick:

On the other hand, you all could contribute to my "legal defense fund" to ensure development.

Fred - Worried modder

I wouldn't worry about it Fred. Legal defense fund huh? Well I can donate what I have... nothing. That was easy:D

<sarcasm>What? You didn't specify how much.</sarcasm>

i so just, really want to.... umm..... crap.

that was just way too elaborate. it worked though. i so would have been the laughingstock of the Gamespot forums if i had posted what i was trying to post a couple hours ago (i was trying to post an announcement about Holowan closing up).

i think i'll go crawl back in my nice little hole now.....

I have to say I thoroughly enjoyed this. :) I mean, come on, us mods have to have fun once in a while. Nice to see that so many of you were fooled...

hwpwned.jpg

I was quite willing to keep on lying for a couple more days. In fact, I may be lying right now! :D

Fred - Worried modder

I already have Fred, I already have:D

Wha..... Defence fund?!?! $10 isnt enough for that!!! Sorry Fred:p

Umm.. yeah, seeing as it's 2:50am and I just woke up (don't ask about my freaky sleep schedule)...

Happy Belated April Fools Day! :p

I noticed I've some catching up to do, but I'll try to make it as quick as possible.. heheh

When I saw Boba's announcement, it was just too good not to take advantage of it (thank goodness it was a joke)..

@Darth333

I copied an old letter because I didn't want it to look too authentic. I wanted there to be an obvious "loop" in case you masterminds of the original prank thought I was actually getting shutdown (didn't want it to backfire on you guys and gals)...

@Xcom

damn man, you pretty much busted mine right off the bat... so I had to go looking up IP's :fist: I figured for most that didn't understand mailserver IP headers, that a normal DNS web IP would be enough to fool the more common "I'll Google the number to see if he's lying" people heheh

Great prank everyone! Thank goodness it was a prank!! :D

Archived