Home

Multiplayer ???

Darth Phonos

Howdy everyone,

I have a question that might have already been awnsered but im new here so i may as well see if anyone can help me out.

Im wondering if in the future of the KotoR series they are going to put multiplayer into the game? i am asking this because i loved KotoR2 so much i played it till i got passed it and i would love to get passed it with a friend or friends,(i was at a LAN party as well :confused: ).

Me and a friend were just having a chat about a mods and i would like to also know if there is any mods worth looking at for KotoR & KotoR2.

Originally posted by lukeiamyourdad

No offense but GOD NO!

I hope they never make KOTOR an MP game. Ever.

The world is lacking a lot of good SP RPG's driven by incredible stories(except maybe for Jade Empire that's coming out soon enough).

Originally posted by Darth333

I second that!

Originally posted by FiEND_138

Thirded.

Motion carried... :smash:

Seriously, how would that work? This is a story driven RPG where dialogue has a lot of importance, maybe more then combat in a way.

Since you won't spend 90% of your time whacking enemies, what will happen to your friend when you are busy talking to some NPC in order to get quest information?

This isn't Diablo 2, nor World of WarCraft. Those games are adapted for MP(well, WoW is an MMORPG but anyway). Neverwinter Nights also works ok but I can't see a KOTOR MP unless they change some of the core gameplay mechanics and that's like killing the serie.

IMO, any MP would be tacked on only to appease a few people.

Note: A duel and kill everything mode might be put in if MP is an option but like I said, it's nothing more then tacked on with no other goal then:"Hey, we have MP!"

Originally posted by Darth Phonos

All im saying is a multiplayer *option* could be put into the 3rd Kotor to experience your adventures with a friend, and that doesnt mean that if they have multiplayer single doesnt have to be included.

But with a finite budget and timeframe, adding MP would mean less time and money to work on SP. So I say hell no!

Originally posted by Prime

But with a finite budget and timeframe, adding MP would mean less time and money to work on SP. So I say hell no!

I agree with Prime, he makes a veyr good point. We don't want a repeat of TSL...

Archived