Home

Post thine desktop! (56k = death)

ET Warrior

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

*Shrugs* Sorry guys...

Always works for me... and avoids all that nasty mucking about in the registry like with Regedit. The program does a LOT of other REALLY useful things as well. It's always one of the first things I install.

You didn't accidently download the 64-bit version did'ya Grooves? I did that once by mistake.

If you ever do happen to get it working, then you just have to go into the program, click on the "Explorer" tab, then to "Shortcut" and set the "Shortcut Overlay" to 'None.' No more arrows! :)

Originally posted by edlib

*Shrugs* Sorry guys...

Always works for me... and avoids all that nasty mucking about in the registry like with Regedit. The program does a LOT of other REALLY useful things as well. It's always one of the first things I install.

You didn't accidently download the 64-bit version did'ya Grooves? I did that once by mistake.

If you ever do happen to get it working, then you just have to go into the program, click on the "Explorer" tab, then to "Shortcut" and set the "Shortcut Overlay" to 'None.' No more arrows! :)

When I do that, it just freezes up on me, and the working in backround hourglass just goes on forever....and yet the arrows don't come off...wtf?

Hmmm... dunno.

Maybe there's some system-wide security setting that this conflicts with. Maybe shut off any real-time protection stuff (like Norton SystemWorks or something similar) temporarily when you try it. Sounds like something's keeping you from writing a new registry value.

Are you on as an Administrator account when you try it?

I've never had a problem with it at all on a bunch of different computers.

Very strange...

Originally posted by edlib

Hmmm... dunno.

Maybe there's some system-wide security setting that this conflicts with. Maybe shut off any real-time protection stuff (like Norton SystemWorks or something similar) temporarily when you try it. Sounds like something's keeping you from writing a new registry value.

Are you on as an Administrator account when you try it?

I've never had a problem with it at all on a bunch of different computers.

Very strange...

I finally made it work. I dunno how or what made me think of this, but I basically deleted all but a few of my icons, ran it, then restored my original icons. Then it worked. Looked so good, I wound up pimping my desktop for a couple of hours. Check this out now, and note my groovy new winamp skin!

Originally posted by InsaneSith

Weeee...

I have an unhealthy obsession.

its not unhealthy until you start take her dog and demand a meeting with you...then it gets weird

"The restraining order says 'No, no', but her eyes say 'Yes, yes'."[/Comic Book Guy]

Archived