Home

Favourite commercials from childhood

Bob Lion54

I just saw the "how many licks does it take to get to the centre of a tootsie pop" commercial on T.V. I didn't know that was still in circulation. It got me feeling nostalgic. Does anyone want to share there favourite commercials or television shows from when they were younger?

You're not serious about this I hope. I can't mention a commercial that is running RIGHT NOW, even less a commercial that ran YEARS ago. Why would I clutter my mind with useless bull**** like a fricken commercial?! So no, I can't remember remember a commercial from my childhood and good riddance I say, to that.

I know I sound harsh but it's not against you Lion54, it's against the very nature of commercial which I loathe, so please don't feel flamed or antagonised because it is not my meaning. Ok?

^^^^

:lol:

i guess not everyone around here enjoys sometimes good advertising. :p

anyways, i always did like the original Gieco commercials from about 1996-1999. those were good.

and i still remember the Budwieser frogs from sometime. i just don't remember the year. :rolleyes:

Damn, you got me on that one stinger. I DO remember a commercial, although it was from only a year ago or something and not my childhood...

I think it was a Miller lite commercial about a catfight between two gorgeous looking models, they really backhanded eachother. One screamed "GREAT TASTE" the other one "LESS FILLING" and they even fell into a fountain and ripped off eachothers clothes so they fought in underwear and they even fell into a cement blender that was convienently put right beside the fountain then they mudwrestled for a bit and it ended with one asking the other "Shall we make out?".

I actually have it taped. Yup that's true! I had a geeky girlfriend back then who thought the sexy cat-fight was the sh**. So when we "you know what" we often started by watching said commercial...

Ooooops! There's something called TOO much info montnoir, you moron! I know, I know, but it had to be said.

peace

* is glad montnoir isn't his boss *

I make commercials BTW :lol:

Nostalgia.. hmm...

I always liked the old Tootsie Roll commercials.. with that snazzy little "everything I see becomes a Tootsie Roll to me" jingle ... hehehe

Though there is one commercial today that for some horrid reason I find myself stop channel surfing just to watch...

I think it's for Burger King, and there's this cowboy singing a jingle and all the women in the spot are "yummy". :naughty:

The whole concept is so ridiculous that it's entertaining.. :D

Originally posted by ChAiNz.2da

Nostalgia.. hmm...

I always liked the old Tootsie Roll commercials.. with that snazzy little "everything I see becomes a Tootsie Roll to me" jingle ... hehehe

Though there is one commercial today that for some horrid reason I find myself stop channel surfing just to watch...

I think it's for Burger King, and there's this cowboy singing a jingle and all the women in the spot are "yummy". :naughty:

Yep, I love the cowboy one too ChAiNz! :)

I believe the cowboy is the front man for Hootie and The Blowfish. The song is of course a parody of "Big Rock Candy Mountain" from O' Brother Where Art Thou. I sing that one in my head for an hour after I hear it. :D

Originally posted by montnoir

Why would I clutter my mind with useless bull**** like a fricken commercial?!

I have asked myself the same question many times.... for some reason, my brain recorded all the television I watched between 1977 and 1983. I have no idea why I can remember such useless things as when a old Irishman widdles away a portion of Irish Spring soap declaring "It has two deodorants!" while a jig plays in the background...

I think it has to do with my audial memory ... I "hear" memories first and "see" them afterwards. And so many commercials have catchy jingles.

Pepsi - "Catch that Pepsi spirit, drink it in, drink it in, drink it in"

Juicy Fruit - "Juicy Fruit, it's gonna move ya, the juice is soft, it gets right to ya!"

Coke - "I'd like to teach the world to sing in perfect harmony..."

7Up - not really a jingle but Geoffory Holder, (reminiscent of James Earl Jones), is in a white suit on a tropical island with the "Uncola". His deep voice was unforgettable.

Parkay - "The flavor says butter" where butter had a silly muppet voice.

Bully Bowl Liquid Toilet Cleaner - "Don't be bullied by your bowl, bully your bowl instead!"

And lastly, I remember in high school, a psychology teacher asked "Have you ever bought anything because of an advertisement?" The class thought in silence. Someone raised their hand and answered "I bought some M&Ms before a baseball game. I ate a green one so that I could hit a home run." :)

I think it was a Miller lite commercial about a catfight between two gorgeous looking models, they really backhanded eachother. One screamed "GREAT TASTE" the other one "LESS FILLING" and they even fell into a fountain and ripped off eachothers clothes so they fought in underwear and they even fell into a cement blender that was convienently put right beside the fountain then they mudwrestled for a bit and it ended with one asking the other "Shall we make out?".

Ahh the memories...:)

Originally posted by Darth Melignous

"My bologna has a first name it's Oscar"

"My bologna has a second name it's Meyer"

"Ooh I love to eat it every day, and if you ask me why I'll say"

"That Oscar Meyer has a way with B-O-L-O-G-N-A"

:D

no no no *melody fills my head* I hated that comercial I like the budwiser frogs and of cource the superbowl comercials

This isn't one from childhood but how about the:

"DUDE!!! Your gettin' a Dell!"

I hated that series of commercials but the hook stuck :) I'd hate to think I had Dell's budget for advertising and come up with only that though :rolleyes: (FYI-Dell is the highest advertiser of their products through media advertising out of the pc group)

OOH how about???

The Six Flags theme parks general commercial with the old dancing bus driver man :D That is hilarious and is a current commercial. That one has enough hook to it to become another memorable one.

Originally posted by Darth Melignous

This isn't one from childhood but how about the:

"DUDE!!! Your gettin' a Dell!"

I hated that series of commercials but the hook stuck :) I'd hate to think I had Dell's budget for advertising and come up with only that though :rolleyes: (FYI-Dell is the highest advertiser of their products through media advertising out of the pc group)

OOH how about???

The Six Flags theme parks general commercial with the old dancing bus driver man :D That is hilarious and is a current commercial. That one has enough hook to it to become another memorable one.

Dude I was totally about to send a nuke to that guys house an watch it blow him up cuz man did they suck and by the way I hate dell

and the six flag's ones are funny as hell and I laugh at them all the time

Everything tk102 said I recall as well...

But my all time favorite...

------------------------------------------------------

Red Chocolate M&M: He does exist!!!

Santa Claus: They do exist!!!

*Both Pass Out*

Yellow Peanut M&M: Santa?

Nuff said! :D

Originally posted by ChAiNz.2da

Nostalgia.. hmm...

God that commerecial scares me!

Originally posted by RedHawke

Everything tk102 said I recall as well...

But my all time favorite...

------------------------------------------------------

Red Chocolate M&M: He does exist!!!

Santa Claus: They do exist!!!

*Both Pass Out*

Yellow Peanut M&M: Santa?

Nuff said! :D

dude I love that comercial

You guys are bringing back some great memories.

I heard the Dell Dude got fired because he was busted with weed, by the way.

montnoir, no problemo buddy.

School House rock!!!! I acually saw the "I'm just a bill, only a bill. Justa siting here on capitol hill" commercial on TV about a month or two ago. It's amazing that some of these are still in circulation.

Damn, now thats going to be in my head the rest of the day. At least I probably got it stuck in someone else's head too. :devburn:

Archived