Home

Who's finished the new Harry Potter book? (Possible Spoilers, use tags)

Originally posted by Aash Li

Umm... no one is forcing anyone to highlight those spoiler tags... :p

I have no problems with spoiler tags ;) this is what they are for. It's just that if you post spoilers, make sure you use spoiler tags as the book has just gone out :) (I've added a few ones)

now back on topic...

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I finished the book yesterday(work is slow), and was very impressed by it. It was more story driven rather than action, and the whole book had a darker tone to it. It was a thouroughly enjoyable book, best of the series. I did notice something tho:

the initials R.A.B. on the note in the fake horcrux: Sirius's death eater brother's initials

Originally posted by Darth Band

OMG! how did snape kill dumbledore? with a curse or potion? and what happened to HP?

Well Dumledore was weakened by drinking some water thingy from a goblet while trying to get the Horcrux. That's why it was so easy for Snape to kill him.

Eh, I've been already spoiled by somebody in the other forum that

Dumbledore is going to die.

Oh yeah, I have this theory, maybe....just maybe...I think the Harry is the last Horocrux. Albus hinted that a Horocrux can be put in living things. Also, Harry knows parselmouth and he shares the dreams of Voldemort. (Correct me if Im wrong with the HArry sharing voldemorts dream part)

Two more things, I think Harry's gonna die because of my Horocrux theory and, or, Ginny would somehow come in and die invoking Harry the courage to defeat Voldemort at last. I dont have any support, but its just a theory anyway.

Happy with the white colored thingies? :)

Well she could write more harry potter books after book 7, but they would mostly be like:

Harry Potter's Ghost and the Mystery of the Deep Sewers.

..or something. lol Not really sure if that needs spoiler tags or not...

yup, me too. i got it yesterday and finished it today(no i didnt stay up all night). ive just got one thing to say about the part when

snape kills dumbledore

I DONT BELIEVE IT!!!

overall the book was awesome but i couldnt make out the "The Other Minister" chapter. it was like trying to look at an ant on a floor in a dark room but i got some idea. im reading it again now and i cant wait for the seventh book. although, im not very keen on the title referring to snape(PROFESSOR Snape, Darth Band).makes it sound more like: "Harry Potter and Snivellus Snape"

The ending was quite a shocker for me.

I looked up online and found a list of where the other horcruxes could be:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Horcruxes

I still am having a hard time believing that

Snape would kill Dumbledore

That was just wrong.

:disaprove

Anyways, I can't wait for the Seventh book and the final showdown.

P.S - Is it just me or did JKR get alot of ideas from LotR. There are alot of similarities.

Originally posted by THE CLONE

P.S - Is it just me or did JKR get alot of ideas from LotR. There are alot of similarities.

I don't remember any. What were a few? I probably noticed them while reading, but I can't remember them now.

^^^^

Here's a few;

HP / LotR

Kreacher / Gollum

Buckbeak / The Eagles

Invisibility Cloak / The Ring

Heliopaths / The Balrog

Voldemort / Souron

Troll / Troll

Dementors / Ringwraiths

Dumbledore / Gandalf

Mirror of Erised / Mirror of Galadriel

Fred and George / Merry and Pippin

There's many many more. I'll post some later when I remember them.

Originally posted by Aash Li

What are heliopaths? Is that book 6? O_o

HP5 : The Order of the Phoenix

Excerpt from the book;

Hermione: The reason why Fudge gave us such a useless teacher was because he doesn't want us trained in combat. He's afraid Dumbledore will use the students to form an army.

*everyone is surprised by this*

Luna: Well that makes sense. After all, Fudge has a private army of his own.

Harry: What?!

Luna: Yes, he has an army of Heliopaths.

Neville: What are Heliopaths?

Luna: They are great big fiery creatures that can fly.

great big fiery creatures that can fly = Balrogs

Originally posted by StoneDragon

Oh yeah, I have this theory, maybe....just maybe...I think the Harry is the last Horocrux. Albus hinted that a Horocrux can be put in living things. Also, Harry knows parselmouth and he shares the dreams of Voldemort. (Correct me if Im wrong with the HArry sharing voldemorts dream part)

[/b]

I was thinking the same thing, but the Horocruxs have to be destroyed before Voldemorte. Harry can't kill himself, then kill Voldemort. Unless, he uses a curse powerful enough to kill them both at the same time. With the way the books are going, I could see Harry having to sacrifice himself to kill Voldermort.

This is only my opinion, but I'm not convinced Snape is not still a double agent. Dumbledore would not plead for his life. I think he told Snape that at some point, he(Snape) would have to kill him. Again, this is only speculation, but I think Snape will have a definite role in the death of Voldemort.

As to book 7th being the last. Sir Arthur Conan Doyle did not want to be known only for Sherlock Holmes. He killed off Holmes only to have to bring him back due to public outcry. J.K. Rowlings may fully intend to end the series at book 7, but unless she has success with another story, she may indeed be forced to write more Harry Potter.

Out of all the HP charas Luna is by far my favourite. :)

I put the following in spoiler tags just in case not everyone already knows about this...

Maybe Dumbledore is being set up for what Gandalf did in fellow ship of the rings. Hes supposedly killed by the balrog, but in the two towers he comes back from the dead.

:)

@ The Vigilante: that would be a cute suprise indeed. ^_^ I can just imagine her smug look when everyone finds out all her "stories" werent just flights of fancy. :D

Well, I would have to say Harry is my favorite characyer. Though the movie-Harry isn't as good as the book Harry. But I have a ton of 2nd-places, I like a lot of characters. Fred and George are up there, and Dumbledore was a good one...lots of well-written characters.

thats a hard one

heres one for ya

first off

was it the potion at the end that stopped their hands?

if so then

why did dumbledor drink it when it could be poured out on the ground?

and why doen't the wisarding world get that

Inferi

can be stopped by a shot gun?

oh and balrogs can't fly

Archived