Home

Who's finished the new Harry Potter book? (Possible Spoilers, use tags)

Originally posted by The Shroud

first off

was it the potion at the end that stopped their hands?

no, but there was an enchantment on the potion to stop their hands and the spells which dumbledore described.

why did dumbledore drink it when it could be poured out on the ground?

i was thinking exactly the same thing, dumbledore could have conjured up a cauldron and poured the potion into it.

and why doen't the wisarding world get that

Inferi

can be stopped by a shot gun?

two reasons,

(A)

They dont have blood, nerves or brains.

(B) Shotguns are muggle rubbish.:D

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by The Shroud

thats a hard one

heres one for ya

first off

was it the potion at the end that stopped their hands?

if so then

why did dumbledor drink it when it could be poured out on the ground?

and why doen't the wisarding world get that

Inferi

can be stopped by a shot gun?

oh and balrogs can't fly

Well, balrogs do have wings so I guessed that they could.

@Ash Li

That would be the best thing that can happen.

Imagine a scene in which Ron, Hermione, and Harry start fighting a White Wizard but get defeated and find out that it was really Dumbledore.

:eek::D

However, I think JKR might get sued for copyright (as the scene was very much like the scene in LotR).

:(

Anyhow, I already discussed this with EmpDev, and he says it would take really dark magic to come back to life, and since Dumbledore isn't dark, he's not coming back.

:o

Originally posted by Lion54

This is only my opinion, but I'm not convinced Snape is not still a double agent. Dumbledore would not plead for his life. I think he told Snape that at some point, he(Snape) would have to kill him. Again, this is only speculation, but I think Snape will have a definite role in the death of Voldemort.

That could be true. I can imagine a Star Wars: Ep 6 ending: Harry getting tortured by the Crutaius Curse by Voldemort. Snape sneaks up behind him and throws him into the central core of the Second Death Star :deathii:.

YAY!!!

:D :D :D

I never liked the fact that JKR didnt include some sort of ressurection spell that wasnt evil. Every fantasy setting Ive ever read had some sort of ressurection spell. Im not sure about LOTR though. Hey, even the bible has ressurections taking place that are the work of evil magic.

Of course I can see why JKR didnt put in "good" ressurection spells though...

Oh, and the fact that you cant protect yourself from the avra kadavra spell is another idea that just smacks of bad story design.

These are just MY opinions though.

Originally posted by Aash Li

I never liked the fact that JKR didnt include some sort of ressurection spell that wasnt evil. Every fantasy setting Ive ever read had some sort of ressurection spell. Im not sure about LOTR though. Hey, even the bible has ressurections taking place that are the work of evil magic.

Of course I can see why JKR didnt put in "good" ressurection spells though...

Oh, and the fact that you cant protect yourself from the avra kadavra spell is another idea that just smacks of bad story design.

These are just MY opinions though.

Well JKR originnally had a way to escape the avada kedavara curse. She had even posted it on her website but it never made it into the book (Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire).

Here's the way to escape the curse:

Remember the muggle that died in the first chapter of the book? Well he was originally to survive and give testimony of Lord Voldemort at Harry's trial in HP5.

The way he was supposed to survive was by not believing in magic.

It was made as a way to protect muggles from magical death. If you didn't believe in magic, then you couldn't get hurt. If you did, then you were wiped from the face of the galaxy (as Darth Malak would say). Anyways, she decided not to include it for some reason.

Originally posted by THE VIGILANTE

Remember the muggle that died in the first chapter of the book? Well he was originally to survive and give testimony of Lord Voldemort at Harry's trial in HP5.

The way he was supposed to survive was by not believing in magic.

It was made as a way to protect muggles from magical death. If you didn't believe in magic, then you couldn't get hurt. If you did, then you were wiped from the face of the galaxy (as Darth Malak would say). Anyways, she decided not to include it for some reason.

[/b]

Thats good, because I dislike that idea to protect against magic even more than I dislike the other two concepts.

Originally posted by Aash Li

Thats good, because I dislike that idea to protect against magic even more than I dislike the other two concepts.

Then you probably hate Hagrid (since he is protected from magic).

PS -

Did anyone else find the idea of Harry as the "Chosen One" greatly reminiscent of Anakin Skywalker?

Originally posted by THE VIGILANTE

Did anyone else find the idea of Harry as the "Chosen One" greatly reminiscent of Anakin Skywalker?

Well, I thought of it, but I don't think she got that phrase from star wars. The Chosen One is pretty easily thought of as a title of power.

But I dont think that JKR said giants are resistant to magic because they dont believe in it...

But anyway, not liking a concept and not liking a person are two different things. I happen to like Hagrid a lot, especially the movie version of him. Also think Gary Oldman's Sirius is awesome. :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

I preferred the Edgar Cayce writings, not only are they loaded with twists, magnificent and terrible earth-changing events, answers to ancient mysteries, and visions of future events, it's non-fiction, thats right, NON-Fiction. It's fascinating reading, Edgar Cayce died in 1945, but he had a vision of the future all the way to the year 2100 and beyond. I read his works many years ago, and he foretold of the Earthquakes in California, and there are more coming, he foretold of the Twin Towers attack, the Tsunami, the slight shift in the earths north and south poles and what thats going to cascade into. He foretold of the buildup of greenhouse gasses, the gradual depletion of oxygen in our atmosphere, global warming, the rising of Atlantis out of the ocean in the Carribean area.... you want something fascinating, try his works

Aww. For a second I though that advance copies of the final book had snuck out there.

I dunno, I thought with the last few books JK Rowling has gotten carried away with herself a tad too much. I think her editors became scared of editing her, and just let her throw everything but the kitchen sink in Goblet, Order, and Half-Blood Prince. What are essentially children's books are becoming these massive doorstop tomes, so of course the movie versions are going to just be a small chunk of the content. It was a laugh to see that puberty really hit Draco Malfoy like a ton of bricks in Goblet, though. The former little perfect wizard Hitler Youth has landed in this gangly, gawky phase where he looks like the autogyro pilot in the Road Warrior.

And killing Dumbledore just plain sucked. He better come back in the last book through his own Horcrux or be a spirit like Obi-Wan in Empire or Jedi or something. "Use the force, Harry!"

^

Totally agree...

The whole way of writing was...sucky imo.

It was to hasty, to lame, and just...not cool.

In the normal books, the plot evolves. In this onne,

The find something strange about Malfidus. The ignore it, start bullying other people. And in the end, malfidus kills Dumbledore. Woopidoo. What a plot evolvement!

I really didn't like it. Harry in the bullying fase...sheesh...I always thought he was like the 'Hero who doesn't want to be one.' But in the latest book, he obviously overestimates himself, which results in some 'plot thingys.'

Anyways,

I hope the last book will be a whole lot better. I really don't like the latest one.

I have to disagree with you there. The Half-Blood Prince was my second favourite book to Prisoner of Azkaban. The Goblet of Fire (Both book and movie) were the worse and the Order of the Phoenix was boring after Chapter 20. The Half-Blood Prince showed us Voldermort's past and Dumbledore's death isn't that back. There must be a reason why Rowling has decided to kill him off. Perhaps there is a reason for this in the final book.

Agreed! Enven if this is not a sw game thread, please use spoiler tags as the book is very popular and there is no point in ruining the story for those who have not finished the book yet.

Except it's asked who has finished, so why bother coming in here if you haven't finished it? Stuff like that, we refer to as common sense. So if they come in here expecting not to find spoilers then they probably need to start wearing a protective helmet at all times.

Anyway, I've read my fair share of the books, and I still maintain that the movies are better.

Rowling's a pretty ****ty writer when her editing staff doesn't do much work.

Archived