Home

Avatar/Sig Pic Request/Discussion Thread (Read First Post)

RevanA4

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
You'll need to apply an alpha channel to it for the black not to show.

- Star Admiral

ok well on gimp when I apply black to alpha channel it turns practicly the whole planet due to the fact there is so much black on coruscant.

EDIT: Got it

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, I'm really glad I noticed this thread because it's already December 16th and I still don't have Santa hats on my avatars :( I'm desperate.

Firstly, I've got my lovely Weighted Companion Cube:

companioncubecs6.jpg

However, I don't really want it to just be a tacky red Santa hat tacked on there. I want it to conform with the artistic direction of the image itself. That means no red or white, but rather black and very light gray in accordance with the image. This probably means someone is going to have to draw the hat. If that's asking for a lot (I have no idea, I rarely request anything in gfx), then I suppose a red hat will have to suffice. If you need to expand the top of the image or something, that's fine.

Next, I've got my avatar for these forums:

republicnavyqz9.png

I'll be honest, I really can't even visualize how someone could possibly put Santa hats on both of them. I can maybe see the officer, but I think the soldier's helmet sort of prevents any other headwear from being effectively added. As such, any artist that takes on this one has 100% discretion in what they add so long as it's Christmas themed. If you can't do Santa hats, I'll be happy with anything else you can think of. [edit] Oh, btw, this is a cropped image I made from a much larger battle scene. If you need to expand the avatar, the full image is here: http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/starwars/images/5/5d/Repflt.PNG

Thanks in advance to whoever takes up these avatars. I've already been through three people who couldn't/wouldn't do it, so time is running out and I'd really appreciate the help.

Archived