Home

Best Duel

DarthTDe

Which Was The Best [overall] duel from ROTS?  

57 members have voted

1. 1. Which Was The Best [overall] duel from ROTS?

• Obi-Wan Vs. Anakin
    • Anakin Vs. Separatists (not a duel, but still)
    • Palpatine Vs. Mace & Other Three Jedi
    • Palpatine Vs. Yoda
    • Obi-Wan Vs. Grevious

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Problems with your poll include:

"Anakin vs. Obi-Wan"

You mean Vader vs. Obi-Wan.

"Anakin vs. Separatists"

The murdering of a group of defenseless people is not a duel. If you don't know what a "duel" is, it's two people fighting. And even if this poll option made sense, it would be Vader, not Anakin.

"Palpatine vs. other three Jedi"

Again, a "duel" is TWO people fighting. To make sense it should just be Palpatine vs. Mace.

Anyway, enough corrections, the best duel is clearly Vader vs. Obi.

I thought the Vader vs Obi duel was rubbish because all you could see was a blur of blue light, and the Palpatine against Mace and 3 other Jedi was pathetic 5 seconds in and only mace and Palpatine are left, I know hes a sith lord but I doubt that he could kill 3 Jedi without any of them even trying to block him.

The best duel was obviously Anakin vs Count Douke, I think people forget how great that one was because Its at the start.

It's true that Palpetine could strike down Jedi masters like Kit Fitso in 2 seconds, I know they wanted to highlight the Mace vs Palpetine stuff. But really Palpetine should've been killed, I know it doesn't fit but 4 Jedi, most masters would easily defeat him. I mean c'mon Mace defeated him fairly easily, how did the other 3 die so quick? Also I hated how Mace died, with his amazing speed with that LS he should of been able to block Anakin's attack and take both Sith on.

I know they wanted to highlight the Mace vs Palpetine stuff. But really Palpetine should've been killed, I know it doesn't fit but 4 Jedi, most masters would easily defeat him. I mean c'mon Mace defeated him fairly easily, how did the other 3 die so quick? .

I agree. The Jedi to survive more than 2 seconds (other than Mace) did so because Mace blocked the attack for him, its pathetic I could have done better than than.

I think the best duel choreography wise is Maul/Jinn/Kenobi.

Agreed. Thats the best choreographed fight. There is an amazing timing and flow to the fight. Definitley one of the best in film history, IMHO.

Still, the Anikan/Obi-Wan duel was the most emotional and easiest to get caught up in. It also had one of the best lines of Star Wars, though it kinda came just after the actual fight.

For the emotion, and actual good acting, of the Anikan / Obi-wan fight, it gets my vote.

Archived