Home

Characters in KotOR III.

starmark2k

I desided to start this thread to find out what team members you would like to see. )

I would like to have the blind force sensitive girl from TSL back (I've only played TSL through once and I can't remember their names), but I'd like to have options to the curtain she wears, AND I'm not sure if Darth Nihilus is the cigarette butt looking dude, or the one with the white mask and the brain scrambling voice, but seriously the latter went down too easily in TSL how about resurrecting Darth Whitemask, who rises to become the Dark Lord, lets face it, he is mysterious, his voice sends a shiver up your spine, and he did die WAYYYY to easy, it makes one suspicious, and boy howdy I did like having the force sensitive girl around, she was sultry, unique, obsessed with my PC's force abilities, the perfect Padawan OOO...OOO...OOO, how about she has a special force ability to temporarily broadcast her blindness to your enemies, severely hitting their perception (at least the weaker willed ones)

^^^^

agreed. although i thought that Visas was a bit fleshed out more than the rest of them, besides Kreia, of course.

YES VISAS, Absolutely Visas, she was an excellent character, I posted once but I couldn't remember her name, BUT Kreia....not so much. I thought Bao-Durs arm was cool, I want my next PC to have an electric appendage, but Like I said before I think resurrecting the subordinate Dark Lord, not The ashes one, the mask one, would be very cool, I like the look, especially like the voice, he's tied to the unexplored regions of the galaxy, he's a big mystery, and he could be a harder core badass that Darth Maul or Darth Vader, Now...

Could someone tell me his name? please? Nihilus was the other one wasn't he? (ashes boy?)

And how about the roaming voices of the Jedi Council ie; "Use the Force Luke"

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 weeks later...

Personally, I want a smaller total number of party members this time, but each with alot more depth to their personalities (and the potential many ways they react/interact to the situations/circumstances/environments around you and them, and also in their backstories/sidequests, etc).

BUT - I want their to be various potential allies that you get to choose from whilst on your journey that make up your party, so you get a say on who follows you, but it's also realistic in that the relationship can be affected by your actions and treatment of these individuals (a new way of doing the "influence" system) and is therefore dialectical (works both ways, and in some cases may require 'compromises' on either end).

They could leave on their own accord if you treated them too disrespectfully, or you could tell them to "go away" ;) , for example. But if they left (for whatever reason) you could find someone else to 'replace' them, etc.

E.g, in TSL, I really wanted Azkul to join my party. I thought that would be awesome, if you could offer him a new "job" serving by your side (he is a mercenary after all) and you could literally have to pay him, in return for his "services", real business-like.

There could be many different types of reasons for people joining you (not all of them personal), which would create original and dynamic relationships with these people, and many different ways in which they could show 'loyalty' to you, or give reasons why they might leave you, or even betray you (such as receiving a better deal, etc).

And in regards to this idea:

Yeah, me too, like Twitch on STEROIDS

Ai, thirded.

• 2 months later...
I really wanted Azkul to join my party. I thought that would be awesome, if you could offer him a new "job" serving by your side (he is a mercenary after all) and you could literally have to pay him, in return for his "services", real business-like.

There could be many different types of reasons for people joining you (not all of them personal), which would create original and dynamic relationships with these people, and many different ways in which they could show 'loyalty' to you, or give reasons why they might leave you, or even betray you (such as receiving a better deal, etc).

And in regards to this idea:

Ai, thirded.

OK, good ideas, I think you ought to be able to hire any mercenary (now that you mention it), if you have enough cash and they're willing to do whatever job it is. Different mercenaries could be willing to perform different tasks based on their skills and their good / evil orientation. Someone might not kill for you, but they might steal an upgrade to the Ebon Hawk II for you and / or install it for you, maybe an electronics jammer you can turn on to avoid space combat portions of the game

Well first, I'd want Hk-47 and T3-M4. It would not be a KOTOR game without 'em.

Give me a hardcore spacer (Ala Han Solo) who doesn't believe in "hokey religions" and "ancient weapons" when blasters are perfect. There hasn't been one of those yet. Atton and Mira were the closest we've come to that, but there hasn't been a real Han Solo-like character.

Perhaps a Mon Calamari - afterall, we've seen plenty of Quarren but never a Mon Cal. In my opinion, they'd make excellent Jedi.

Other aliens I'd think would be cool: Rodian, Chiss, Kel Dor, Nautolan.

While we're at: Let's throw in a Yuuzhan Vong! [sarcasm]

Def Tm & HK but Hk shoudl be silver cos i hate the rust on him lol.

I think we shoudl have more jedi party members & some more aliens such as twileks or even one of those really werid freaky ones or one of those big fat slugs lol tht would be so funny this bag fat slug witha lightsaber lol i had a nice little chuckle then lol

Here are the three that I think are guaranteed to return: Canderous, HK-47, and T3-M4. As for who I would like to see return, I want basically as many characters from the first game as possible. I like the sense of deja vu you get when you are reunited with old companions.

Well in my opinion, I think Mandalore should not be a party member but finally have in his own army. Let the man actually be able to fulfill his dream and have the Mandalores die gloriously in the final battle.

As for party members I would like to take with me, Bastila, Carth, and Atton. Why? Disciple and Handmaiden are now members of the new Jedi Order. HOWEVER, if I had to take someone it would be Handmaiden instead of Disciple.

The two droids would be a must...

But why Bastila, Carth, and Atton? Bastila because she is a Jedi. She probably has grown up and tone down in her pompous attitude over the years, and she probably has grown quite tired waiting for Revan.

As for Carth, quite the same.

Why Atton? Not only is he much like Han Solo and is clever and funny, he is also a major love interest that did not get to express his true feelings for the female Exile. However even if you play a male exile, he is still a fun and witty companion.

I think that the droids would be appropriate in a third installment. And I think that there is a good opportunity to include character's from the previous games both as "party" and "non-party" characters...Regardless of the way you played TSL, I really like the idea of your party members forming a council of "jedi" (or sith) and having them available to speak to, ask questions, etc. (I know that there is a chance that some of them are dead, if not them all - but if they aren't dead, a great tie in). But I do think that the majority of the PC's should be from a new pool of characters. One thing that I think would be cool, is to have PC's that will join you for specific events - for example:

You land on the Planet of Rakata Prime to utilize the temple's computer. You learn the information that you need to continue your mission and learn you have to go to Planet "x". Upon learning that you will be travelling to Planet "x" a young Rakatan warrior asks if he may accompany you for reasons that are his own (he has a missoin to accomplish there, and needs you to get there). You go to the planet help each other and then he departs (maybe leaves the door open for a later return?).

I think that if the game uses a system like this it gives you more opportunity to actually use all the possible members of your party...I also think more split party missions would be a good way to do this.

Give me a hardcore spacer (Ala Han Solo) who doesn't believe in "hokey religions" and "ancient weapons" when blasters are perfect. There hasn't been one of those yet. Atton and Mira were the closest we've come to that, but there hasn't been a real Han Solo-like character.

Atton was practically a clone of Han Solo. Their appearances are marginally different, and they have the exact same attitude. Unless you want an exact duplicate of Han Solo, that's as close as you're gonna get.

Personally, I thought Atton was a little too much like Han Solo. That's why I liked Mira better.

Perhaps a Mon Calamari - afterall, we've seen plenty of Quarren but never a Mon Cal. In my opinion, they'd make excellent Jedi.

[sarcasm]

Dear god yes. Although by this timeline, they were not supposed to be off Dak, neither were Quarren for that matter

Archived