Home

Best & Worst Movies of All Time

MdKnightR

I hope this isn't already a thread in the deep, dark recesses of LucasForums. If it is, please link me to it.

What do you consider to be the best and worst movies of all time? You can put more than one in each category, but indicate which is the cream of the crop and which is the scum in the sewers.

I personally have a hard time listing the best of all time. Right now, I will have to go with The Crow (starring Brandon Lee...accept no substitutes!)

The worst movie (and I know I will get bombarded with hate mail for saying it) is Napoleon Dynamite.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The worst movie (and I know I will get bombarded with hate mail for saying it) is Napoleon Dynamite.

I'm glad someone else agrees with me on this one that was the dumbest movie I ever watched.

But the best movie I've ever seen is South Park Bigger Longer and Uncut.

I couldn't even watch all of this. It got so dumb I just stopped watching.

It's either that or Constantine. Constantine may be the worst movie I have ever seen in theaters in my life.

As for the best, isn't it obvious... Star Wars!

Best? I don't know.

I love many movies. One of my favorites that I watch every year on NBC is It's a Wonderful Life with Jimmy Stewart.

It makes me cry all the time.

Also Pulp Fiction is among my favorites.

I'd also have to pick a western by Sergio Leone. I'd like to name which one I like best, but they're all so good :)

It's obvious I watch a lot of different movies.

As for worst, I'd have to say Flashdance. I fell asleep after 15 mins.

I couldn't even watch all of this. It got so dumb I just stopped watching.

It's either that or Constantine. Constantine may be the worst movie I have ever seen in theaters in my life.

As for the best, isn't it obvious... Star Wars!

I couldn't finish it either! It is so stupid!

I liked Constantine however! I don't understand why you would think it was so bad.

Yes, it is obvious. I had thought about putting a stipulation in this thread to be objective and say something other than Star Wars. Granted it is the favorite of many LF members.

One of my favorite "B" movies is Bubba Hotep.

The only movie that I almost walked out of the theater while watching was Swim Fan(absolute crap!). Napoleon dynamite is a tie with Swim Fan for the worst movie ever award.

The best movies I have ever seen would have to be Super Troopers, Princess Mononoke, and Underworld. I love all three of these, and cannot place one above the others.The Incredibles is a close second place, however.

As much as I love Braveheart, I must say I hate Mel Gibson. His movies are so black and white. The Scots are good guys. The British are only rapists who drink blood and murder babies.

Same thing with the Patriot. Good movies, though I do fear too many take them as a history lesson.

Have you seen Payback? I thought he was pretty badarse in that.

Anyway, I take your meaning, but I could say the same about Star Wars. Granted its not meant to be historical, but some people do believe in the force and whatnot. "Grey Jedi" are a product of EU and games, the movies are very "black and white."

You are right about some people thinking they are historicaly accurate, though. Of course they are not. Too bad somepeople will believe anything they read or see in a movie/T.V. show. For example, when William Wallace was doing his thing, the princess was only a child!

The only movie that I almost walked out of the theater while watching was Swim Fan(absolute crap!).

Speaking of almost walking out of the theater, anyone see "200 Cigarettes?" Now that was awful. A friend of mine dragged me to it. He wouldn't leave because he though he would see Christina Ricci naked. Jokes on us, I guess. Too bad, too.

Anyway, I take your meaning, but I could say the same about Star Wars. Granted its not meant to be historical, but some people do believe in the force and whatnot. "Grey Jedi" are a product of EU and games, the movies are very "black and white."

I understand that, but like you said, Star Wars is situated in a fictionnal universe. It can give a good moral lesson I guess, but it isn't as much about morals as it is in the portrayal of evil.

In Star Wars, nobody would say that the Imperials were nice people and it wouldn't bother anyone as no one on Earth is truly from the Galactic Empire.

However, this is portraying the past, our past. Both the Patriot and Braveheart are good movies that I enjoyed though it did feel like Mel Gibson hates the British. He makes them as bad as nazis when they weren't even close to nazis.

You are right about some people thinking they are historicaly accurate, though. Of course they are not. Too bad somepeople will believe anything they read or see in a movie/T.V. show. For example, when William Wallace was doing his thing, the princess was only a child!

Yeah, it's quite unfortunate. The princess never bored William Wallace's child, William Wallace was not caught in a trap.

Well, there are some historically accurate things. Well, sort of. The victory at Sterling (even though it was Sterling BRIDGE) for example and Robert the Bruce's victory at Bannockburn. However, they did leave out the schiltrons which is unfortunate. Then again, what does Mel Gibson know about military history?

Speaking of almost walking out of the theater, anyone see "200 Cigarettes?" Now that was awful. A friend of mine dragged me to it. He wouldn't leave because he though he would see Christina Ricci naked. Jokes on us, I guess. Too bad, too.

The potentiel to see a woman naked is enough for you to go see a movie :eyeraise:?

Best movie: Hmmm...probably Forest Gump.

Worst movie: Either Portrait of a Lady or Grand Canyon. I picked up GC as part of a "2 Great Movies for One Low Price" bundle. Looked like a great ensemble cast, so I figured I was getting a bargain (the other movie was Cast Away, which I love). Very rarely do I come across a movie that I pass judgement on before I see the end. This movie was so bad that I only watched the first 30 minutes.

PoaL, I was in the theatres because there was a lot of buzz about it when it came out and again, a great cast. The story completely failed to engage me, the characters did things that only the author/screenwriters (or insane people) would understand, and the ending was completely abrupt.

Best movie I ever watched but didn't enjoy? The House of Sand and Fog. Great plot, excellent acting, overall well done. For some reason though, I couldn't help feeling like I lost two hours of my life that I would never get back.

hmm, good question. i'd have to say the best movie award would be a toss up between "The Silence of the Lambs" and "Cassablanca" (finally got to watch both of those) with "Hero" running a close second.

as for the worst movie i've ever watched: "Legally Blonde". talk about taking one joke way over the top with a really terrible ending. i would have much rather spent that night reading the dictionary than watching that crap.

The potentiel to see a woman naked is enough for you to go see a movie :eyeraise:?

HEHE. No, my friend didn't want to leave. I was ready to go after five minutes. Everyone was ready to leave, but he drove!

I didn't pick the movie, either. Suffice it to say, he never got to pick the movie again! Yes, the movie was that bad.

I'd have to say Titanic or the Matrix movies round out at the top of my worst list however.

OH MY GOD!!! I can't believe that you didn't like the Matrix! I can see where some people wouldn't like Titanic (even though I loved it and own it)

More for the WORST list...

3000 Miles to Graceland

Zoolander

The Toxic Avenger

So far, all the movies listed on this thread as "the best" are the worst movies I've seen. With an exception being made for LIAYD's Pulp Fiction and Sergio Leone mention (tarantino is the last living director of worth and Leone's "Dollars" trilogy together with Once Upon a Time in the West are pure genious).

As for my best it's "Irreversible".

Best movies ever: Forest Gump, Star Wars, Lord of the Rings, Cassablanca, Les Miserables, The Graduate, The Naked Gun, Monty Phyton's Holy Grail, Indiana Jones, Detroit: The City of Rock, The Good, the Bad and the Ugly, James Bond.

Worst movies ever: Definatley the Aviator (Gosh, I nearly fell asleep during that movie), Mullholand Drive, American Beauty, The Hulk, Troy(the new one), 4th July.

Worst movies ever: Definatley the Aviator (Gosh, I nearly fell asleep during that movie),

I really liked that

Anyway my fave Flims are Star Wars and Underworld

Worst - Napoleon dynamite bad and Sin City i just got bored really clever how they made it but i only liked the first story otherwise i was bored.

As much as I love Braveheart, I must say I hate Mel Gibson. His movies are so black and white. The Scots are good guys. The British are only rapists who drink blood and murder babies.

Same thing with the Patriot. Good movies, though I do fear too many take them as a history lesson.

Hey i havent drank blood or murdered babies for a couple of weeks now thought i was doing quite well. :laughing:

I think he liked the movie itself (though to be fair, I'm sure found humor in what you said about as well :) )

I think that the worst movie I've seen was probably SPY KIDS: 3-D. The fact that Sylvester Stalone of all people got twisted up into it really cooked me. Thankfully it was the last of it's kind (or so I though). Oddly enough, I didn't so much mind the first one. Alan Cummings was rather entertaining as a villain.

Archived