Home

More KOTOR III Possibilty News! (KOTOR MMO Confirmed?)

kookaburra

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, LucasArts certainly has to redeem itself in the gaming community's eyes. The way KOTOR II was rushed was simply inexcusable. What would they rather have? An unfinished project for a quick profit, or a properly done masterpiece? Honestly... what were they thinking?

If they don't make a new game fine. I would be just as happy if they wrote a book to close out all the characters they created in this series. I think that the lack of ending in the second game should be reason enough to at least give fans some close. It WON'T be the reason they do it if they do it.

Well, LucasArts certainly has to redeem itself in the gaming community's eyes. The way KOTOR II was rushed was simply inexcusable. What would they rather have? An unfinished project for a quick profit, or a properly done masterpiece? Honestly... what were they thinking?

I wish they would fix that. A deluxe version (on x box 360 maybe?) would be a good way to guage potential profit in a new game, and I'd (grudgingly) pay for the game that should have been.

This isn't news but just speculation. You know, they might be waiting till '07 to say or even release Knights III. Why? '07 marks the Thirtith Aniversary of the Star Wars Genre. What better way of celebrating it?

Knights of the Old Republic III and even better Video Games. Battlefront III, perhaps?

Don't forget the Star Wars 30-minute Cartoon is coming out along with the T.V Show :S

I agree with Cygnus, although i'm a little les pessimistic.

The last Jedi Knight game dated from (i believe) 2004, and the last Rogue Squadron from 2002! Unless my brain is mistaking me, it seems like they are 'killing' these games. And if Kotor is being added to this list, Lucasarts will have 3 profitable licenses that simply aren't used anymore by them.

Knowing Lucasarts, and the dollarsigns in their eyes, this will not be the case. There has been a rogue squadron on the N46, Gamecube, so i expect there will be one on the Wii too.

And the Jedi Knight story isn't complete yet. They stil need to introduce Mara Jade, the Solo twins, etc etc. Maybe they are waiting for Next-Gen consoles?

I can imagine they'd want to port Jedi Academy 2/Jedi Knight 4 to every console possible, to keeop the money roling.

And Kotor? It's their chicken with the golden eggs. They simply CAN'T drop it. And in matters of story, there is still much to be told regarding the old republic. And i think Uncle Bill expects them to make another, or the X-Box won't have that 'Uber Rpg' that the other 2 consoles do have. (Zelda, Final Fantasy etc) If they don't make it out of free will, i expect Bill to throw some money on the table.

Although i agree the facts don't lie, and Kotor isn't being made, i think it's just a matter of time before they continue one of the above series, and Kotor.

^^^^^

Dude the 360 has an UBER rpg already. It is called Oblivion.

Oblivion is very simplistic compared to KOTOR, the quests are so basic that the game should have been an MMORPG. Also the world it's set in is rather dated and not that gripping... KOTOR is set in frickin' Star Wars. It doesn't come grippier than that. Give KOTOR a modern engine and the next instalment would make everyone forget Oblivion ever existed.

Personally I hope that if LucasArts finally wake up and smell the potential, they combine gameplay from both KOTOR and Jedi Knight. Traditional RPGs are becoming something of a relic of the past, combining the RPG with another genre's gameplay is becoming increasingly popular. KOTOR+Jedi Knight would give BioShock a run for its money.

This isn't news but just speculation. You know, they might be waiting till '07 to say or even release Knights III. Why? '07 marks the Thirtith Aniversary of the Star Wars Genre. What better way of celebrating it?

Knights of the Old Republic III and even better Video Games. Battlefront III, perhaps?

Don't forget the Star Wars 30-minute Cartoon is coming out along with the T.V Show :S

there is no better game from KOTOR, not from StarWars franchise......

JediKnight+Kotor, I don't think so, but to liberate a KOTOR's fight system to a bit point, yeah go a head.....

Okay, So TSL came out 18 months after K1, its been 15 months now since TSL was released. What we have to remember is that they could be/probably are making a new engine for K3.. this alone could take up to and beyond 18 months... I'm really peeved that nothing was announced at E3 but still, that certainly doesn't mean the game won't be done!

It just gets a bit tiresome to hear all the people who seem to want the next KOTOR to have JA's system. Like others have said before, one is a RPG, the other is a FPS. Honestly, do you really think that would work? If you want a first-person RPG, then go play Ultima Underworld.

you're in a minority on that one.

I don't think so... Then again, I love some of the wierder games too! :xp:

It just gets a bit tiresome to hear all the people who seem to want the next KOTOR to have JA's system. Like others have said before, one is a RPG, the other is a FPS. Honestly, do you really think that would work?

Agreed. Not everyone can stand the pulse-pounding action that a FPS or action game requires of the player. Having different styles of games are a good and noble thing, not every game made needs to play the same, for this would be booring. Button-mashing console kiddies need to realise this.

Oblivion is very simplistic compared to KOTOR, the quests are so basic that the game should have been an MMORPG. Also the world it's set in is rather dated and not that gripping... KOTOR is set in frickin' Star Wars. It doesn't come grippier than that. Give KOTOR a modern engine and the next instalment would make everyone forget Oblivion ever existed.

Personally I hope that if LucasArts finally wake up and smell the potential, they combine gameplay from both KOTOR and Jedi Knight. Traditional RPGs are becoming something of a relic of the past, combining the RPG with another genre's gameplay is becoming increasingly popular. KOTOR+Jedi Knight would give BioShock a run for its money.

Dude that is your opinion, and it is not based of of any fact whatsoever.

Have you even seen the reviews that Oblivion got? Plus I have put well over 100 hours into it. Just because you don't like it doesn'y mean it is not an uber RPG. Because it is, just that. A very well done game, that many many people seem to love. I belive you are in the minority with your opinion.

Well, I wouldn't know about that. The last time someone wanted me to try out a Deus Ex game, it wouldn't even run. And I have nothing against first-person RPGs. I loved both Ultima Underworld games. However, when it comes to KOTOR, third-person just makes more sense. Or does anyone miss swinging a lightsaber on Jedi Knight in first-person?

Dude that is your opinion, and it is not based of of any fact whatsoever.

Have you even seen the reviews that Oblivion got? Plus I have put well over 100 hours into it. Just because you don't like it doesn'y mean it is not an uber RPG. Because it is, just that. A very well done game, that many many people seem to love. I belive you are in the minority with your opinion.

It's not like I'm just trolling out a viewpoint on a game I haven't played, I've played it a lot. For a game claiming itself to have the most freedom of any game in existence, it's actually pretty constrictive. You only have two ways you can interact with people, kill them or do their quests. The quest writing is deeply uninspired and only ever has one route through them. Oblivion is basically a MMORPG without online features.

Still, it's a huge world, and Oblivion is a triumph of development, if not writing. It's definitely a very worthy RPG, but it does have major flaws. I'm not the only one to have noticed this, though yes, for the moment I'm in a minority.

Manus, in case you haven't noticed, the Jedi Knights of the most recent generation (which are in many ways very different from the 90s ones) had lightsabering as a strictly third-person pursuit. All I'm suggesting is that the player control the way the lightsaber is swung instead of pressing an attack button. It's working pretty damn well for Oblivion....

All I'm suggesting is that the player control the way the lightsaber is swung instead of pressing an attack button. It's working pretty damn well for Oblivion....

I prefer the attack button... much more relaxing, no muss, no fuss, and most importantly no twitch game related stress! ;)

Archived