Home

Name....

Analia

I use the name Amol Kotay for almost every KotOR and TSL file I make. Trekkies should know where it comes from.

I sometimes run a game using the name The Doctor, so I can feel like it's a Doctor Who episode when people refer to me as The Doctor. The only thing is when people are talking tome, they still call me The Doctor, not Doctor.

(would it be twisted, evil, demented or sad to name a child after a video game character named after a type of nerve gas that sounds pretty?)

YES! NEVER NAME A CHILD AFTER A VIDEO GAME CHARACTER, NO MATTER WHAT! IT'S SAD AND PATHETIC! I'm sorry, but I can't help but hate people who name their child after video game or TV show characters.

YES! NEVER NAME A CHILD AFTER A VIDEO GAME CHARACTER, NO MATTER WHAT! IT'S SAD AND PATHETIC! I'm sorry, but I can't help but hate people who name their child after video game or TV show characters.

wow, that was pretty vehement. personally i thought the nerve gas part was more twisted.

isn't the fact that i made the name up somewhat a mitigating factor, rather than naming a daughter--say, Samus Aran for example? (<3 samus *swoons*)

This all depends on whether or not I play female. In most games, not just Kotor1/2, when I play as a female character I name her Aina N'tare. Originally used in the game Arcanum as a red-headed half-elf sorceress, but in Kotor it was a bit different. So she's just a lightsider with plenty of force-powers.

As a male, I prefer my shape-shifting (originally) friend Gerfalcon of the Reaches, who usually has way to much power than should be allowed.

Of course, that isn't wuite as easy to do in a SciFi game as opposed to a fantasy equivalent.

I actually use the random name generator, I can't think up much of my own names. Usually what I do though, is I take parts of random names. So, for a couple games, I had "Triko Skywalker." Then, when I played a female game, I used the random name generator combined with "Skywalker", and got: "Shayla Skywalker." Other than that, I rarely use the same name. I just finished my "Coryn Tevor" game, and I am starting a new "Dack Ketra" game with the roleplay padawan mod.

From time to time I have played through with variations of the same name, but never exactly the same.

I agree! I have taught many a student whose parents must have been on crack when they were picking out names. There was a girl named Demonica and a guy named Shi'Thead (rhymes with BREED). No kidding!

The ones I use, and could be for either game are;

Jobi Affon

Jared Windu

Aja Animi

Valo Animi

Caleb Malo

Dabon Rone

Eli Cato (Current TSL game)

Aiden Kasra (Original K1 Name)

Kalo Ter

Qua Densu

To name a few...I'm suprised people only stick to one or two to be frank...

Archived